|Class:||Scout 1 Ranger 1|
|Played by Videospirit|
- Abilities & Skills
- Feats & Class Abilities
- Previous Quests
|Ability||Score||Mod||Temp Score||Temp Mod|
Temp Mod Used to track Magic Item bonuses etc
|Total||Base 10 + 3 armor + 5 Dexterity = 18|
*+2 against enchantment spells and effects
|Dex = +5|
|Skills||Ranks||Stat Bonus||Synergy||Armour Check||Magical Bonuses||Total|
|X||Decipher Script (Int)||+0||+2||+0||+0||+0||+2|
|C||Disable Device (Int)||+4||+2||+0||+0||+0||+6|
|C||Escape Artist (Dex)||+4||+5||+0||-0||+0||+9|
|X||Gather Information (Cha)||+0||-1||+0||+0||+0||-1|
|X||Handle Animal (Cha)||+0||-1||+0||+0||+0||-1|
|C||Knowledge (Nature, Dungeoneering) (Int)||+5||+2||+0||+0||+0||+7|
|C||Move Silently (Dex)||+5||+5||+0||-0||+0||+10|
|X||Open Lock (Dex)||+0||+5||+0||+0||+0||+5|
|C||Sense Motive (Wis)||+0||+1||+0||+0||+0||+1|
|X||Sleight of Hand (Dex)||+0||+5||+0||-0||+0||+5|
|C||Speak Language (n/a)||+4||+0||+0||+0||+0||-|
|X||Use Magic Device (Cha)||+0||-1||+0||+0||+0||-1|
|C||Use Rope (Dex)||+0||+5||+0||+0||+0||+5|
Where X is Cross Class and C is a Class Skill
Languages: Common, Sylvan, Draconic, Auran, Carnivon, Celestial, Discordian, Draconic, Goblin, Wildlander
Skill Point Total: 40
Weapon and Armor Proficiency:
A ranger is proficient with all simple and martial weapons, and with light armor and shields (except tower shields).
A scout relies on mobility to deal extra damage and improve her defense. She deals an extra 1d6 points of damage on all attacks she makes during any round in which she moves at least 10 feet away from where she was at the start of her turn. The extra damage applies only to attacks made after the scout has moved at least 10 feet. The skirmish ability cannot be used while mounted. The extra damage applies only to attacks taken during the scout’s turn. This extra damage increases by 1d6 for every four levels gained above 1st (2d6 at 5th, 3d6 at 9th, 4d6 at 13th, and 5d6 at 17th level).
The extra damage only applies against living creatures that have a discernible anatomy. Undead, constructs, oozes, plants, incorporeal creatures, and creatures immune to extra damage from critical hits are not vulnerable to this additional damage. The scout must be able to see the target well enough to pick out a vital spot and must be able to reach such a spot. Scouts can apply this extra damage to ranged attacks made while skirmishing, but only if the target is within 30 feet.
At 3rd level, a scout gains a +1 competence bonus to Armor Class during any round in which she moves at least 10 feet. The bonus applies as soon as the scout has moved 10 feet, and lasts until the start of her next turn. This bonus improves by 1 for every four levels gained above 3rd (+2 at 7th, +3 at 11th, +4 at 15th, and +5 at 19th level). A scout loses this ability when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load. If she gains the skirmish ability from another class, the bonuses stack.
A scout can use the Search skill to locate traps with a DC higher than 20, and she can use Disable Device to bypass a trap or disarm magic traps. See the rogue class feature, page 50 of the Player’s Handbook.
Favored Enemy(Arcanists) (Ex): The ranger gains a +2 bonus on Bluff, Listen, Sense Motive, Spot, and Survival checks when using these skills against creatures of this type. Likewise, he gets a +2 bonus on weapon damage rolls against such creatures.
Wild Empathy (Ex): A ranger can improve the attitude of an animal. This ability functions just like a Diplomacy check to improve the attitude of a person. The ranger rolls 1d20 and adds his ranger level and his Charisma bonus to determine the wild empathy check result. The typical domestic animal has a starting attitude of indifferent, while wild animals are usually unfriendly.
To use wild empathy, the ranger and the animal must be able to study each other, which means that they must be within 30 feet of one another under normal visibility conditions. Generally, influencing an animal in this way takes 1 minute, but, as with influencing people, it might take more or less time.
The ranger can also use this ability to influence a magical beast with an Intelligence score of 1 or 2, but he takes a –4 penalty on the check.
|Weapon||Attack Bonus||Damage||Range||Crit||Damage Type|
|Mighty[+3] Masterwork Composite Longbow||+7/+8||See Ammo||See Ammo||20/*3||Piercing|
|Cold Iron Arrows(20)||+7/+8||1d8+3||110ft||20/*3||Piercing|
|Alchemical Silver Ironshod Arrows(20)||+7/+8||1d10+2||60ft||19-20/*3||Piercing|
|Armour / Shield||Armour/Shield Bonus||Max Dex||Armour Check||Arcane Spell Failure||Movement Speed||Weight|
|Head||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Face||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Neck||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Shoulders||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Torso||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Arms||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Hands||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Right Ring||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Left Ring||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Waist||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Feet||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Pack||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
List of Items Here:
Backpack (2 gp, 2 lbs.)
Bedroll (1 sp, 5 lbs.)
scrollcase (1 gp, 1/2 lb.)
Flint and Steel (1 gp)
beltpouch (1 gp, 1/2 lb.)
4 days trail rations (2 gp, 4 lbs.)
50' silk rope (10 gp, 5 lbs.)
sack (1 sp, 1/2 lb.)
sewing needle (5 sp)
2 waterskins (2 gp, 8 lbs.)
whetstone (2 cp, 1 lb.).
his old shortbow
Statistics of Items Here:
Potion of Cure light Wounds 1d8+1
Potion of Cure light Wounds 1d8+1
two Potions of Lesser Restoration
Character History: Born in the majestic city of avians of Kendu Aerie and raised among the Avariel, Alizar took a great deal of interest in the Hunter scouts, a branch of the city's militia famous for being the best fliers in all of therafim. When Terratos began sending volunteers to assist avalon with the ghost war, Alizar volunteered to go along with them and assist as a messenger so he could get some experience, and decided he liked the city once he was there.
Home: Kendu Aerie
Mother: Kendra Pridefeather
Father: Alaron Glasswing
1) Describe yourself as someone meeting you for the first time would see you. (Race?, Gender?, Age?, Size? Coloration? Attractiveness?, Dress? Do you try to emphasize or hide any of these features?)
2) What other details would someone notice on a closer look? (Distinguishing marks, birthmarks, scars, etc?)
3) Do you have a distinctive way of speaking or any other mannerisms or memorable behaviour?
B: Birth and Family
1) Where and when were you born? (Also good to include: Do you know your exact birthdate? Did anything unusual (storms, accidents, deaths, etc?) happen about the same time, with which some people might still associate your birthdate?)
2) Who are your parents? (Names, Occupations, Social class, Were they married?, Are they still alive?
3) Do you have any siblings? (If so, it would be good to describe them as you did your parents above.)
4) Do you know any members of your extended family? (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins? Also would be good to describe them as above)
5) How did you get along with your family?
C: Education and Work
1) Did you serve an apprenticeship in order to learn your current profession/class? For how long?
2) If you were not an apprentice, how did you learn your trade/skills/ect? Formal schooling? Informal Teachers? Self-Taught?
3) Who was your master or teacher? (Race? Gender? Appearance? Personality?) Is he/she still alive? How were you treated? Are/Were you on good terms with your master?
4) Did your teacher have any other apprentices or students? Who were they? Did you get along?
5) Due to the rarity of literacy in this setting, how important are books, writings, letters, ect. to your character? Regardless as to whether or not he/she can read?
6) Do you have a job other than "adventurer"? Who do you work for? How much of your time does this require?
1) Who were your friends as a child? As an adolescent? As an adult?
2) How many of these people are still alive? How many are you still friends with?
3) Who is/was your best friend? What is the most memorable thing that the two of you ever did together?
4) What do you look for in a friend?
5) Have you ever been in love? Was it reciprocated? Do you have (or have you had) a boy-/girlfriend, a lover, or a spouse? More than one? Are you looking for one? What do you look for in a romantic partner?
E: Attitudes and Beliefs
1) What are your beliefs about religion and the afterlife? Do you follow any particular god or gods? What appeals to you most about this religion? Least?
2) Where do spirits of nature, the elements and the dead fit into these beliefs?
3) What gods, religions, or priesthoods will you have nothing to do with?
4) What is your moral code? Under what conditions will you kill? Steal? Lie? Do you have a personal code of behaviour about violence? Magic? Sex? Dealing with Evil Beings?
5) How committed are you to seeing through something (a task, quest, bargain, etc) that you have started?
6) How important are the following to you?: Power, Wealth, Fame, Honor, Family, Friends, Love, Knowledge, Religion, Your job? To what lengths would you go to acquire or preserve these things?
7) How often do you remember your dreams? How much attention do you pay to them? Do they inspire you? Guide you? Inspire You? Warn you? Frighten You?
8) What is your attitude towards magic? People who use it? Fearsome monsters? The unknown in general?
F: Edges and Flaws
1) What are you especially good at? What sets you apart from the rest of the world? A skill? An unusual knack? A certain flair of style or wit?
2) What flaws do you have? Bad habits? Obsessions? Terrible (or embarrassing) secrets?
3) Do you have any enemies? How much trouble do those conflicts cause you?
G: Likes and Dislikes
1) What do you love? (People? Places? Creatures? Kinds of Food? Activities? Subjects?)
2) What do you hate? How do you typically react to these hated things?
3) What do you fear? What is your worst nightmare?
1) Describe your first encounter with a nonhuman monster. (Not counting player races, animals, etc that you grew up with, but feel free to mention them too)
2) If you are a spellcaster, describe your first experience with using magic. What were the circumstances? Were you expecting it?
3) If you have an animal companion or familiar, describe how you acquired it. Describe this ally's personality, and its attitude towards you. (Loyal unto death, mischievous, lazy, etc)
4) If you have any unusual possessions, describe how you acquired them. Is their value practical, monetary, sentimental or some combination of these?
5) Please describe your characters general background, this may be any length you wish, but at least one paragraph. You may use any or all of the information above, or new information not covered. (Encouraged)