|Real Name:||Rebecca Lynn Hart|
|Age:||25 Years by human reasoning|
|Race:||Half Elf / Half Fey|
|Estimated Character Level:||8|
|Played by Perada|
A young girl, barely an adult with long cerulean locks and hazel eyes, her name was given because of the color of her hair. A half elf, she resembles the sylvian side of her lineage more than the human side. She answers only to the name "Cerulean", for her past life was that of a slave girl and only recently was she set free.
|Ability||Score||Mod||Temp Score||Temp Mod|
Temp Mod Used to track Magic Item bonuses etc
|Total||Base 10 + Dexterity 15 + Chain Shirt 6 + Buckler 3 = 24|
|Dex = +4|
The Bardic Knack ACF and the feat Elf Dilettante allows Cerulean to use all untrained skills as if she has half her level (Rounded up) +1 in ranks for that skill. The current "ranks" she has in all untrained skills is currently +4
|Skills||Ranks||Stat Bonus||Synergy||Magical Bonuses||Total|
|C||Decipher Script (Int)||+0||+2||+0||+0||+2|
|X||Disable Device (Int)||+0||+2||+0||+0||+0|
|C||Escape Artist (Dex)||+0||+5||+0||+0||+5|
|C||Gather Information (Cha)||+7||+8||+0||+3||+18|
|X||Handle Animal (Cha)||+0||+8||+0||+3||+11|
|C||Knowledge (Local, Arcana) (Int)||+8||+5||+0||+0||+13|
|C||Move Silently (Dex)||+0||+5||+0||+0||+5|
|X||Open Lock (Dex)||+0||+5||+0||+0||+5|
|C||Perform, (Flute, Singing) (Cha)||+8||+8||+3||+3||+22 (+24)|
|C||Sense Motive (Wis)||+0||+1||+0||+0||+1|
|C||Sleight of Hand (Dex)||+4||+5||+0||+0||+9|
|C||Speak Language (n/a)||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0|
|C||Use Magic Device (Cha)||+8||+8||+0||+3||+19|
|X||Use Rope (Dex)||+0||+5||+0||+0||+5|
Where X is Cross Class and C is a Class Skill
**Notice: Combining Bardic Knack with the Elf Dilettante Feat allows Cerulean to use any and all of her skills, including untrained ones. See appropriate feat and A.C.F. for details. **
Skill Point Total:
At level 1: 6+int Mod X4 (6+2=8)
After Level 1: 6+int Mod
Bard 1: 32
Bard 2: 40
Bard 3: 48
Bard 4: 56
Bard 5: 64
Bard 6: 72
Languages Known:(Common, Sylvian +2):
Common - The language originally given to the people of Therafim by the gods, and so used by almost everyone who lives or visits the surface of Therafim. Also used by many planar creatures, as their lingua franca, in those few instances where they are not able to use some form of telepathic communication. Uses the High Tongue alphabet.
Giant - First spoken by the titans, this language is primarily used by giants of all types, and by dwarves. Uses the Elemental alphabet.
Literacy - Literacy is not common on Therafim. Unless a given race or class is noted otherwise, it should be assumed that a given character is illiterate. Literacy is always an available bonus language for all races, though it is not listed on the bonus language lists. If someone is Literate, then they can read and write in all languages that they know.
Sylvan - The language spoken by the fey courts, and also used by Elves and Gnomes. Uses the Runic alphabet.
- +2 to One Ability Score: Half-Elf characters get a +2 bonus to one ability score of their choice at creation to represent their varied nature.
- Medium: Half-Elves are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Normal Speed: Half-Elves have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: Half-Elves can see twice as far as Humans in conditions of dim light.
- Adaptability: Half-Elves receive Skill Focus as a bonus feat at 1st level.
- Elf Blood: Half-Elves count as both Elves and Humans for any effect related to race.
- Elven Immunities: Half-Elves are immune to magic sleep effects and get a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells and effects.
- Languages: Half-Elves begin play speaking Common and Sylvan. Half-elves with high Intelligence scores can choose any languages they want (except secret languages, such as Druidic).
Approved by the staff, this character has a slightly altered Half Fey Template with the same Level adjustment (+2).
Stats: +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, +4 Charisma, and -2 Constitution.
- Size: As base race.
- Type: Changes to Fey.
- Speed: Cerulean gains the ability to swim at her base land speed, take 10 on swim checks even when under duress, and can breathe air and water.
- Special Attacks: Cerulean doesn't gain the additional spells per HD as a normal Half Fey.
- Special Qualities: Low-Light Vision, Immune to enchantment spells and effects.
Automatic Languages: Sylvan.
Hit Die: d6.
To take a half-elf bard substitution level, a character must be a half-elf about to take her 1st, 6th, or 8th level of bard.
Half-elf bard substitution levels have the class skills of the standard bard class.
Skill Points at Each Level: 6 + Int modifier (or four
times this number as a beginning character).
|Level||B.A.B||Fort.||Reflex||Will||Special||Spells Per Day|
|1st||+0||+0||+2||+2||Bardic music, bardic knowledge, fascinate, inspire courage +1, soothing voice||As Standard Bard|
|6th||+4||+2||+5||+5||Command||As Standard Bard|
|8th||+6/+1||+2||+6||+6||Secrets of the diplomat||As Standard Bard|
Soothing Voice (Su): A 1st-level half-elf bard with 3 or more ranks in Diplomacy can spend one daily use of her bardic music to use a composed, steady voice and reason to calm the emotions in others around her. This ability works in much the same way as the half-elf bard’s fascinate ability,
with the following differences.
The creature to be soothed must be within 30 feet of the bard and must be able to understand the language she is speaking. To use this ability, the half-elf bard makes a Diplomacy check. Her check result is the DC for each affected creature’s Will save against the effect. On a success,
the creature is affected as if by the calm emotions spell. The effect lasts as long as the creature listens to the bard, although the creature may wander off on its own if there is nothing to keep its interest. This benefit replaces the standard bard’s ability of countersong. (Taken)
Command (Sp): A 6th-level half-elf bard with at least 9 ranks in Diplomacy may spend one daily use of her bardic music to issue a command (as the spell) to a creature within 30 feet. Alternatively, the command can affect all creatures that the bard has affected with her soothing voice or fascinate ability. A Will saving throw (DC 11 + bard’s Cha modifier) negates the effect.
This benefit replaces the standard bard’s ability of suggestion. (Taken)
Secrets of the Diplomat: At 8th level, a half-elf bard adds the following spells to her spells known: 1st—command; 2nd—zone of truth; 4th—sending. This benefit replaces the 4th-level spell learned by a standard bard at 8th level. From now on, the bard knows one fewer 4th-level bard spell than normal (not counting the spells she learned from this substitution feature).
Bardic Knack (Replacing Bardic Knowledge)
Replaces: If you select this class feature, you do not gain bardic knowledge.
Benefit: When making any skill check, you can use 1/2 your bard level (Rounded up) in place of the number of ranks you have in the skill (even if that number is 0).
You can't take 10 on checks when you use bardic knack (to take 10 you have to use your actual ranks). If the skill doesn't allow untrained checks, you must have at least 1 actual rank to attempt the check.
|Weapon||Attack Bonus||Damage||Crit||Damage Type|
*Normal Ammo: 40 Arrows
|Armour / Shield||Armour/Shield Bonus||Max Dex||Armour Check||Arcane Spell Failure||Movement Speed||Weight|
|+2 Glamered Mithril Chain Shirt of the Commander||+6||+6||-||15%||30ft||12.5lb|
|+2 Mithril Buckler||+3||-||-||5%||-||2.5lbs|
Glamered: Armor made to look like an article of clothing. (2,700 Gold)
Commander: +2 to diplomacy check, all party members within 30ft gain +1 morale bonus to will saves, -5 on hide checks. (2,000 Gold. )
Masterwork Flute (+2 to Perform checks when used) 100GP
|Head||Circlet of Persuation||+3 to skills using Charisma|
|Face||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Neck||Amulet of Health||+2 to Con|
|Shoulders||Cloak of Charisma||+2 Cha.|
|Torso||Vest of Resistance||+1 to all saves|
|Arms||Armbands of Elusive Action||Prevent an AOO 1/day|
|Hands||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Right Ring||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Left Ring||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Waist||Healing Belt||+5 to heal checks, 3 charges a day grant 2d8 in healing|
|Feet||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Pack||Basic Adventuring Package||The necessities|
List of Items Here:
Potion of Cure Light Wounds: X3 150 Gold.
Wands: (25 Charges Each)
Cure Light Wounds: (375 gold)
Comprehend Languages: (375 Gold)
Grease: (375 gold)
Badge of Valor:
When you activate a badge of valor, you and all allies within 60 feet gain a +2 bonus on the next save you or they make against a charm or fear effect before the start of your next turn.
If you have the bardic music ability to inspire courage, you can activate a badge of valor to increase the bonus granted by that ability by 1 for the duration of its effect.
A badge of valor functions three times per day.
Armband of Elusive Action:
An armband of elusive action allows you to protect yourself from the hazards of battlefield chaos. When it is activated, the band allows you to avoid provoking a single attack of opportunity that your actions would otherwise incur. An armband of elusive action functions once per day
Spells per Day:
|Level||DC||Per day||Spells Known|
Songbird: Perform and increase charisma based skill by 1
Prestidigitation: Perform Minor Tricks
Summon Instrument:Summons one instrument of the caster’s choice.
Detect Magic: Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft.
Message: Whisper a message to others at a distance.
Dancing Lights: Create Torch Lights
Infinite Cantrips at 7HD.
1) Describe yourself as someone meeting you for the first time would see you. (Race?, Gender?, Age?, Size? Coloration? Attractiveness?, Dress? Do you try to emphasize or hide any of these features?)
2) What other details would someone notice on a closer look? (Distinguishing marks, birthmarks, scars, etc?)
3) Do you have a distinctive way of speaking or any other mannerisms or memorable behavior?
Rebecca Lynn is fair of face with long tresses that matches her nickname with hazel eyes that gleam with life and vitality. Her features are angular and her ears are only slightly pointed, a dead give away to her elvish heritage. The clothing she wears is never flamboyant, yet her shape and looks makes her look desirable in pretty much anything she wears. Yet, one notices immediately her hands are calloused from hard work, and if she were nude, she bears numerous scars from recent abuse from her final master. Because of years of indentured servitude, she tends to come across as someone subdued, shy and low on self esteem, willing to do almost anything to please.
B: Birth and Family
1) Where and when were you born? (Also good to include: Do you know your exact birthdate? Did anything unusual (storms, accidents, deaths, etc?) happen about the same time, with which some people might still associate your birthdate?)
2) Who are your parents? (Names, Occupations, Social class, Were they married?, Are they still alive? are all good things to include)
3) Do you have any siblings? (If so, it would be good to describe them as you did your parents above.)
4) Do you know any members of your extended family? (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins? Also would be good to describe them as above)
5) How did you get along with your family?
It was in the dead of winter when Cerulean was born. The show was falling, but it wasn't a blizzard, only a cold winters night. She was born to an elfish woman, a potter who lived in Summerland, the bastard child of a wandering minstrel who seduced her mom and although mother loved the girl dearly, while Lynn was still a child, she passed away from illness. With her father gone and her mother's family of pure elves not wanting anything to do with her, Cerulean luckily was taken in by a small, but struggling orphanage when she was about 4 in human reckoning. “Adopted” by the Brandbinders when she was about seven years old in human reckoning, Cerulean was taken in to be a “servant” versus a menial slave because of the fact that, not only was she able to read, Cerulean also had a natural talent for influencing the emotions of others by the sound of her voice. Seeing her a more valuable commodity for more influential types in Avalon, her talents and knowledge were cultivated. Lynn was then raised all her youth and much of her adolescent years to be a maid, a matron, someone that could be worth a lot of money to them while being a rarity to a rich owner as someone that could fill numerous roles at once.
The name “Cerulean” was given to her by her first owner, a banker, who didn't like her real name, so named her after the color of her hair, which is indeed Cerulean Blue. The reason for it is currently unknown to her, but that sort of thing is usually determined by the father's side of the family, one she has never met.
C: Education and Work
1) Did you serve an apprenticeship in order to learn your current profession/class? For how long?
2) If you were not an apprentice, how did you learn your trade/skills/ect? Formal schooling? Informal Teachers? Self-Taught?
3) Who was your master or teacher? (Race? Gender? Appearance? Personality?) Is he/she still alive? How were you treated? Are/Were you on good terms with your master?
4) Did your teacher have any other apprentices or students? Who were they? Did you get along?
5) Due to the rarity of literacy in this setting, how important are books, writings, letters, ect. to your character? Regardless as to whether or not he/she can read?
6) Do you have a job other than "adventurer"? Who do you work for? How much of your time does this require?
Many of her skills are simply natural talents she was born with that her “groomers” cultivated over the years in order to make her a very profitable, and fetching, acquisition for those who would want not just someone who could cook, clean, handle day to day chores and raise children, but wanted a beautiful woman by their side in public. Cerulean has been trained by them in numerous things, such as food preparation, book managing and tailoring. Her ability to influence the emotions of others with music was honed to a point where her lullaby could easily bring rest to unruly children or her owner who might want her to not just warm his bed.
Getting along with her teachers isn't what could be used to describe her relationship with them, more of, at the time, acceptance of a fate she could not change. She resigned herself, at first to a life of servitude.
She knows how to read because her mother, before her illness, educated her daughter well. She refused to let her be an uneducated bumpkin and was proud of her half-elvish child, even when the pure-bloods exuded disdain for her, and in Cerulean's eyes, books are very important; knowledge is indeed power.
When not adventuring, she takes odd jobs such as a maid and house sitter for one of Avalon City's elite or baby sitting for the high priestess, Tonia Aldrecen when her duties at the temple take her away from her daughter.
1) Who were your friends as a child? As an adolescent? As an adult?
2) How many of these people are still alive? How many are you still friends with?
3) Who is/was your best friend? What is the most memorable thing that the two of you ever did together?
4) What do you look for in a friend?
5) Have you ever been in love? Was it reciprocated? Do you have (or have you had) a boy-/girlfriend, a lover, or a spouse? More than one? Are you looking for one? What do you look for in a romantic partner?
In the time she's been liberated, Cerulean has made numerous friends in Avalon, which is somewhat hard for her due to her low self esteem. The closest thing to a best friend she has is a fellow bard named Miro Everglade whom she share songs with and just enjoys being with because of her lighthearted demeanor. What she looks for in friends are people who are able to see beyond what she is and can find the good in others. Cerulean is a good woman, solid and down to earth, even if she has self-esteem issues.
E: Attitudes and Beliefs
1) What are your beliefs about religion and the afterlife? Do you follow any particular god or gods? What appeals to you most about this religion? Least?
2) Where do spirits of nature, the elements and the dead fit into these beliefs?
3) What gods, religions, or priesthoods will you have nothing to do with?
4) What is your moral code? Under what conditions will you kill? Steal? Lie? Do you have a personal code of behavior about violence? Magic? Sex? Dealing with Evil Beings?
5) How committed are you to seeing through something (a task, quest, bargain, etc) that you have started?
6) How important are the following to you?: Power, Wealth, Fame, Honor, Family, Friends, Love, Knowledge, Religion, Your job? To what lengths would you go to acquire or preserve these things?
7) How often do you remember your dreams? How much attention do you pay to them? Do they inspire you? Guide you? Inspire You? Warn you? Frighten You?
8) What is your attitude towards magic? People who use it? Fearsome monsters? The unknown in general?
Her beliefs in the afterlife and the gods is an agnostic one, that is, she recognizes and respects that gods and goddesses in the world of Therafim, however its is not her place to know their intentions nor their powers. Considering that she is able to access both the powers of the arcane and the divine in small measures is testimony to the fact that she can, over time, with faith in herself and hard work, overcome her issues to become a better person. In her mind not by faith alone does one succeed. Holding on to Elvish traditions, she keeps a very strong respect for nature and the natural world, doing what she can to preserve it by doing a little bit here and there on her adventures, however she knows who to speak to about getting certain evil clergy or defilers of nature dealt with, being an adventurer she now has a contact or two.
To a bard, inspiration can come from some places others take for granted. Cerulean remembers her dreams, for it sometimes awakens her muse. Her attitude towards magic is that its a natural talent for her, that is, while some are born with it, study for it, or pray for their magic. Her's, in her opinion is the most pure of all; it comes from the heart.
F: Edges and Flaws
1) What are you especially good at? What sets you apart from the rest of the world? A skill? An unusual knack? A certain flair of style or wit?
2) What flaws do you have? Bad habits? Obsessions? Terrible (or embarrassing) secrets?
3) Do you have any enemies? How much trouble do those conflicts cause you?
Lynn has a knack for picking up on skill and worldly knowledge quickly. Very light on her feet and with a mind like a steel trap, once she learns how to do anything she never forgets. Very talented in music and arts, a writer, creative and smart, she is far more than looks and prose. However, her past has robbed her of outward confidence, rendering her somewhat the introvert. There is also one other secret about her that no one, save for her former owners that she keeps very well hidden, one that could be very embarrassing if it came to light in her eyes. Though she is half-elvin, the other half is very…questionable.
G: Likes and Dislikes
1) What do you love? (People? Places? Creatures? Kinds of Food? Activities? Subjects?)
2) What do you hate? How do you typically react to these hated things?
3) What do you fear? What is your worst nightmare?
With her new found freedom, Lynn has acquired a couple of new tastes in food. Sari's cooking, in her eyes is the best in the world, however she has a yen for some of the more foreign dishes lately. Her hobbies include poetry, songwriting, swimming and football (soccer, that is). Favorite things include: thunderstorms, spending time with her friends, and singing.
Her hate is for people who would take her freedom from her again and for those who illegally take people as slaves. She gladly accepts quests and missions to help usurper such tyranny and views freedom as a gift to be enjoyed. On a lesser level, Cerulean hates bugs and milk (she's “lactose intolerant.”)
As for her worst fear, Cerulean fears having her freedom taken away, but also she fears that if her secret got out, a secret she keeps very well hidden, it may drive her friends away. It's rumored that Cerulean has the voice of a siren…but that's just a rumor, isn’t it?
1) Describe your first encounter with a nonhuman monster. (Not counting player races, animals, etc that you grew up with, but feel free to mention them too)
2) If you are a spellcaster, describe your first experience with using magic. What were the circumstances? Were you expecting it?
3) If you have an animal companion or familiar, describe how you acquired it. Describe this ally's personality, and its attitude towards you. (Loyal unto death, mischievous, lazy, etc)
4) If you have any unusual possessions, describe how you acquired them. Is their value practical, monetary, sentimental or some combination of these?
5) Please describe your characters general background, this may be any length you wish, but at least one paragraph. You may use any or all of the information above, or new information not covered. (Encouraged)
The word “terror” comes to mind when she remembers her first encounter with a monster. It was a clown that was draining the joy from the children of Avalon. Though she was unable to catch it, it still tried to drain away her own energy until a certain marshal saved her life. Next comes the dream demon her consciousness was melded to, and if it weren't for allies who had entered her dreams, she'd have become insane. This has lead to a habit of checking under her bed now and then, which may seem childish, but is warranted in her eyes.
As a spell caster, her first experiences with magic came when she was just a child. When she learned to talk, her mother learned her voice had an almost mystical quality to it but only gave her rudimentary practice before she died of pneumonia. She knows full well she is a bard, and that her powers come not from her blood or from study, nor from divine hands or psionic power, but from the heart.
Cerulean is a character of many faces. Able to perform numerous tasks at once instead of one as a master, she is a proverbial Jane of all trades. A charmer even if she is shy, strong willed even with her lack of confidence, the bard can whip her allies into a force to reckon with and leave their foes spellbound by her charms.