- When running a quest, log into the bot as PlayerNameDM where PlayerName is your player name you want your bonus DM UP awarded to. Doing so will cause you to gain double the normal amount of Unawarded Posts.
- Exp Calculators -
- Encounter Level Calculator-
- Be sure to post a link to your quest writeup on the Quests And Questrunning page in the "Pending Quests" section once the quest is completed, so that experience can be awarded to players.
- DMs are not allowed to participate as playable characters in their own quests.
- All rolls must be made in the #TherafimRPG_Quest_OOC channel.
- For a straightforward quest that has impact on the setting you require the approval of any admin.
- Storyline quests can be run. However, you need to speak to any Storyteller first.
- First time Quest Runners need to approve quests through staff until notice otherwise is given.
- While running a quest you are required to have at least 3 players, and a maximum of six willing participants.
- Each DM will be responsible for ensuring the timeliness of their quests. To assist we are implementing a 5 minute rule - unless you are conferring with the DM, each player has 5 minutes from the previous post to roll or state actions/post before they forfeit their turn.
- A DM can refuse a player from his or her quest for any reason, be it personal or otherwise WITHIN REASON, and do not have to run quests for problematic players. This includes players who intentionally break quests for their amusement, are disrespectful to QRs and DMs, or twink out their characters to the point where running them would be a detriment to everyone's enjoyment.
- Those who run quests should avoid extreme level disparities among players involved in the quest, except in the case of low-yield roleplaying quests or other special circumstances. This can be larger at low levels, but tends to be a much smaller range at higher levels.
- In order for a group to get experience and rewards for a quest, there must be at least three people in the quest being run.
- Experience: Experience is awarded as per guidelines found in the DMG with no changes. Players will not update their sheets until this experience is added to the Experience and REP Tallies page by the Ops.
- Money: Quest rewards in Therafim are allocated as per the rules found in the DMG. However, all monetary awards are 1.5x the normal listed rewards in the Dungeon Master's Guide. Thus, an encounter yielding 1,000gp in another setting would reward 1,500gp here. This is because questing is the only significant source of income that characters have, while they can gain experience from roleplaying, so the increased rate helps to keep the difference between gold and experience gains less significant.
- Treasure: In addition to advanced gold rewards, listed above, those who run quests should also include magic items appropriate to the average level (rounded down) of those who participated in the quest to further enhance quest rewards. Be careful not to exceed the magic item limitation of your PCs when giving out rewards, however.
- Lack of active participation during quests will result in reduced or full deduction of rewards, per the DM's discretion.
Quest Write-up Format (to be put on a separate page created by the DM)
Quest Title (also the title of the page on which the quest is placed)
The DM's identifying name. Please use your Wikia username, as this makes it easier to assign REP.
Name, Level, Race, Class
Special Note: Make it easy on the person awarding XP, list the character's name as it appears on the Experience And Rep Tallies sheet. Even better, make the character name a link to the character page so there is even less confusion!
Challenges (Please list each encounter separately in the following format):
Number, Creature/Trap/Encounter, CR
Character Name: Experience
Character Name: Gold/Items, description/amount
A brief summary of the quest's events goes here.