|Aliases:||"Eveie", "Lady Regent"|
|Class:||Focused Specialist Wizard 5 Mage of the Arcane Order 10|
|Gold:||25,779 gp, 7sp, 1 cp|
|Played by Perada|
- Abilities & Skills
- Feats & Class Abilities
- Spells and Spellbook
- (Paragon) Magical Location
"Ever heard the story about the Changeling? The one where the faeries kidnap a baby from a mortal's home and leave one made of sticks and mud in the crib? This poor child is a victim of that terrible game." -Priestess of Bahamut
|Ability||Score||Mod||Temp Score||Temp Mod|
Temp Mod Used to track Magic Item bonuses etc
|Total||Base 10 + Dexterity (6) + Mithril Twilight Chain Shirt+1 (5) + Mithril Buckler (1) + Ring (1) = 23|
|+7/+2||+Dex/+Str||+13, +9/+6, +1|
|Dex = +6|
Languages Known: Common +int mod (6) +13 (Ranks in Speak Language) + 2 (Class given) = 21
Eve is Fluent in all Known languages except Druidic and is literate.
|Skills||Ranks||Stat Bonus||Synergy||Magical Bonuses||Total|
|C||Craft (Alchemy, Int)||+16||+8||+0||+0||+24|
|C||Decipher Script (Int)||+16||+8||+0||+0||+24|
|X||Disable Device (Int)||+0||+8||+0||+0||+8|
|X||Escape Artist (Dex)||+0||+6||+0||+0||+6|
|X||Gather Information (Cha)||+0||+0||+0||+2||+2|
|X||Handle Animal (Cha)||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0|
|C||Knowledge (Arcana, Planes, Religion, Nature) (Int)||+18||+8||+0||+0||+26|
|C||Knowledge (Psionics, Local, Astronamy, Geography) (Int)||+18||+8||+0||+0|||+26|
|X||Move Silently (Dex)||+0||+6||+0||+0||+6|
|X||Open Lock (Dex)||+0||+6||+0||+0||+6|
|C||Profession (Inkeeper) (Wis)||+16||+0||+0||+0||+16|
|X||Sense Motive (Wis)||+0||+0||+0||+2||+2|
|X||Sleight of Hand (Dex)||+8||+6||+0||+0||+14|
|C||Speak Language (n/a)||+13||+0||+0||+0||+0|
|X||Use Magic Device (Cha)||+0||+1||+0||+0||+1|
|X||Use Rope (Dex)||+0||+6||+0||+0||+6|
C = Class, X = Cross Class Skill
Collector of Stories [Mental]: +5 to Knowledge Checks to ID monsters.
False Thergy [Manipulation]: Change Verbal and Somatic to mimic other spells, thus making Eve immune to conventional means of counterspelling.
Conceal Spellcasting [Manipulation]: Make a Sleight of hand check vs. spot check of onlookers. Suceed and no one can tell you are casting a spell.
Skill Point Tally: 2+intelligence mod (6+2 = 8 Points/Level.)
Mage of the Arcane Order 2:
Mage of the Arcane Order 9:
• Changelings are humanoids with the shapechanger subtype.
• Medium: As Medium creatures, changelings have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
• Changeling base land speed is 30 feet.
• +2 racial bonus to any One Stat.
• +2 racial bonus on saving throws against sleep and charm effects: Changelings have slippery minds.
• +2 racial bonus on Bluff, Intimidate, and Sense Motive checks: Changelings are inherently skilled in deception and intimidation; though they cannot actually detect thoughts as doppelgangers can, they can intuitively read body language and attitude with surprising accuracy.
• Natural Linguist: Changelings add Speak Language to their list of class skills for any class they adopt.
• Minor Change Shape (Su): Changelings have the supernatural ability to alter their appearance as though using a disguise self spell that affects their bodies but not their possessions. This ability is not an illusory effect but a minor physical alteration of a changeling’s facial features, skin color and texture, and size, within the limits described for the spell. A changeling can use this ability at will, and the alteration lasts until he changes shape again. A changeling reverts to his natural form when killed. A true seeing spell reveals his natural form. When using this ability to create a disguise, a changeling receives a +10 circumstance bonus on Disguise checks. Using this ability is a full-round action.
• Automatic Languages: Common.
• Bonus Languages: Auran, Giant, Sylvan, Trade Tongue, Terran, and Undercommon.
Base AC: 18 (10 +4 Dex +4 Natural Armor)
Wizard Ability: +3 to Move Silently Checks
Familiar Abilities: Alertness, Improved Evasion, Share Spells, Empathic Link, Deliver Touch Spells, Speak with master.
Cats have a +4 racial bonus on Climb, Hide, and Move Silently checks and a +8 racial bonus on Jump checks. Cats have a +8 racial bonus on Balance checks. They use their Dexterity modifier instead of their Strength modifier for Climb and Jump checks. In areas of tall grass or heavy undergrowth, the Hide bonus rises to +8.
|Weapon||Attack Bonus||Damage||Crit||Damage Type|
|Sling (50 bullets)||+4||1d4||20/2x||B|
|Armour / Shield||Armour/Shield Bonus||Max Dex||Armour Check||Arcane Spell Failure||Movement Speed||Weight|
|+1 Mithral Twilight Chain Shirt||+5||+6||-0||0%||30ft||12lbs|
|Buckler, Mithril||+1||No Limit||+0||0%||N/E||2.5 lbs|
|Head||Circlet of the Mages||+4 to Intellect, +2 to Concentation, regain spell slots 3 times/day (Levels 1-3)|
|Face||Third Eye, Penetrate||+2 circumstance bonus to Spell Penetration Checks.|
|Neck||Chronocharm of the Uncaring Mage + Chronocharm of the Horizon Walker + Chronocharm of the Grand Master||See Below|
|Shoulders||Cloak of Evening||+4 to all saves, constant Endure Elements that extends out 30ft, +2 Dex|
|Torso||Tunic of Steady Spellcasting||+5 to all concentration checks|
|Arms||Soulfire Bracers of Armor||+1 AC (Enhancement), Soulfire Enhanced|
|Hands||Gloves of Dex||+4 enhancement to dex (Overlapped with +2 on Cloak)|
|Right Ring||Ring of Deflection||+1 Deflection bonus to AC|
|Left Ring||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Waist||Healing Belt (one worn, one packed)||+5 to heal checks, expend charges to heal 3 times/day for 2, 3 or 4d8|
|Feet||Sandals of Spider Climbing||Walk on Walls and Ceilings at will|
|Unslotted||Tomebound Eye||See Below|
|Pack||Basic Adventuring Package||Needful Stuff|
List of Items Here:
Potions of cure light wounds X4: 200GP
Gear in Italics is equipped
Chronocharms (Any number can be worn)
Chronocharm of the Uncaring Mage: A chronocharm of the uncaring archmage alters your perception of time, allowing you to cast a single spell more quickly. When it is activated, the next spell of 3rd level or lower you cast that has a casting time of 1 full round can be cast as a standard action instead. If you don’t cast such a spell by the end of your turn, the effect fades. This ability functions once per day.
Chronocharm of the Horizon Walker: Like other chronocharms, this item slows your perception of time for a specific, singular purpose. When you activate a chronocharm of the horizon walker, you can move up to half your speed as part of the same swift action used to activate it; this movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity. When determining the distance you can move, round down to the nearest 5-foot increment
Chronocharm of the Grand Master:A chronocharm of the grand master slows your perception of time, allowing you to better dodge an incoming ranged attack. When it is activated, (An immediate action) you gain a +5 dodge bonus to your AC against a single ranged attack. This ability functions once per day.
Metamagic Rod: Extend Spell (level's 1-6) Functions as the Extend Spell Feat 3 times/day. 11,000 GP
Rod of Magical Precision: A boon to all casters but particularly to combat-focused arcanists, this item improves your accuracy with magical ranged attacks.
Description: A rod of magical precision is a slender rod, almost wandlike in appearance. Runes and arcane symbols travel up the rod in a spiral pattern, culminating in one great rune printed on the tip. When the rod is active, the runes pulse with energy, starting at the handle and working up to the top. The spell appears to emanate from the rod rather than from your own hand.
Activation: The primary function of a rod of magical precision works as long as you hold the item in one or both hands, requiring no action to activate. It has no limit on daily uses.
The secondary function of the rod requires no specific action to activate, merely an act of will made as part of casting a spell. It functions up to three times per day.
Effect: While you are holding a rod of magical precision, any ranged attack you make with a spell or spell-like ability at an opponent engaged in melee does not take the standard –4 penalty on your attack roll.
In addition, you can choose for your spell or spell-like ability to ignore the miss chance granted to a target by concealment or total concealment. In the case of a target that has total concealment, you must still aim at the correct square.
Aura/Caster Level: Faint divination. CL 3rd.
Construction: Craft Rod, true strike, 6,000 gp, 480 XP, 12 days.
Weight: 1 lb.
Price: 12,000 gp.
Soulfire Bracers of Armor +1: This armor’s wearer is immune to all death spells, magical death effects, and energy drain, and any negative energy effects (such as from chill touch or inflict spells). (Armor Bonus superseded by existing armor, using for enchanting.)
Blessed Book (Purchased for her by Kael): 12,500 Gold. (1,000 Pages, no cost to ink spells)
Magic Missile-10 Charges (150 Gold)
Read Magic-10 Charges (150 Gold)
Enlarge Person-10 Charges (150 Gold)
True Strike (SRD, 1st level, 25 charges) 375 Gold
Benign Transposition (SPC, 1st Level, 25 Charges), 375 Gold
Knock (Quest Reward)
Mage Armor X2 (Quest Reward)
Mirror Image (Quest Reward)
Cloak of Evening: Functions as a +4 cloak of comfort (complete mage, page 132), but also confers a +2 enhancement bonus to Dexterity. (Dex bonus no long applies, superseded by gloves of dex +4)
Third Eye, Penetrate: +2 circumstance bonus to Spell Penetration Checks.
Price (Item Level): 7,000 gp (11th)
Body Slot: —
Caster Level: 5th
Aura: Faint; (DC 17) enchantment
Activation: Standard (command)
When affixed to a wizard’s spellbook, this seal provides a focus for arcane energy. A tomebound eye of Boccob has 3 charges, which are renewed each day at dawn. Spending 1 or more charges when you
prepare your wizard spells from a spellbook to which a tomebound eye is attached grants one or more spells a competence bonus on caster level checks to overcome a target’s spell resistance.
1 charge: Gain a +4 competence bonus on your caster level check to overcome spell resistance.
2 charges: Gain a +6 competence bonus on your caster level check to overcome spell resistance.
3 charges: Gain a +8 competence bonus on your caster level check to overcome spell resistance.
Statistics of Items Here:
Focused Specialist in: Transmutation
Banned Schools: Enchantment, Necromancy and Illusion
Focused Specialist Data
This class advances as the Wizard normally does, except as listed below:
Every wizard who calls himself a specialist takes pride in wielding his preferred form of magic. Those who are exceptionally pure of purpose take this specialization to an entirely new level, disdaining breadth of skill in favor of even greater focus.
Special Requirement: You must be a specialist Wizard, 1st Level
- You lose one spell slot from each level of wizard spells you can cast. if you later gain the ability to cast higher-level spells, you lose one spell slot from each new level of spells you can cast.
- You must also choose another prohibited school of magic, which can't be divination.
- You can prepare two additional spells of your specialty school per spell level each day. These extra spells are in addition to those normally granted to a specialist wizard. This benefit doesn't apply to spells gained from classes other than wizard.
Spellpool: The Specialist bonus spells will be used as "Open" spell slots for the purpose of accessing the spellpool. Treat the +3 by each Spells Per Day as Open Slots.
Spell levels Available from the Spellpool: (1/2 caster level, round down) Up to 6 Spell Levels per day.
(Note: Per day numbers in parenthesis are used to signify that Eve has cast Mnemonic Enhancer in Prepare Mode: [Prepare: You prepare up to three additional levels of spells. A cantrip counts as ½ level for this purpose. You prepare and cast these spells normally. ] These spells last for 24 hours or until cast.)
|Spell Level||Modifier||Trans.DC||Other DC||Per Day|
Note: This is a physical representation of the spells Eve might know for the mun's benefit. (Yes, I realize all casters here are spontaneous, no need to be anal and point that out.)
Orb of Sound, Lesser
Repair Light Damage
Protection from Evil
Ray of Clumsiness
Mage Hand, Greater
Wings of Cover
Heart of Air
Repair Moderate Damage
Ghost Touch Armor
Mnemonic Enhancer (Cast Every Morning, Always on when encountered)
Heart of Earth
Vortex of Teeth
Floating Disk, Greater
Cantrips: No Limit
Now that Eve has passed level 10, I am requesting this for her from the Complete Mage, page 152
Wherever magic has been employed to profoundly change the nature of creatures, places, or items, rainbow falls can form. Such a site holds within it the essence of transmutation magic, and the raw power of such alteration magic ensures that nothing near it is the same as it once was.
Rainbow falls can form in any spot—indoors, outdoors, or underground. Such magical locations form where magic has been used to sculpt the land, or in the homes of great transmuters. But they can also manifest in natural locations that are prone to change, such as earthquake zones.
Lore: Characters can gain the following pieces of information about a rainbow falls by making Knowledge (arcana) checks at the appropriate DCs, as given below.
DC10: Rainbow falls form where magic has been used to effect profound changes on the landscape or native creatures.
DC15: Rainbow falls consist of the purest essence of transmutation magic.
DC20: Anyone who meditates under a rainbow falls can draw a small portion of its magic into himself to augment his transmutation spells and effects.
Description: A rainbow falls resembles a sparkling waterfall at least two stories high. The water looks clear for the most part, but every color of the rainbow coruscates through it. The water falls into a small pool at the base that never increases in size, sending up a multicolored fine
spray. If any creature touches the water, however, the water changes to mist and vanishes, only to return the instant the creature retreats.
Though a rainbow falls runs constantly, its appearance is always shifting. The rainbow colors that tint its water shift continually, and now and again some object spills over the top of the falls and changes to water on the way down, blending in with the clear stream. The air in the vicinity smells clean and fresh, and the sound of splashing water provides a pleasant backdrop for the scene.
When a spellcaster who has successfully drawn power from a rainbow falls casts a transmutation spell, his body momentarily seems to shift and distort, though no actual change occurs.
Prerequisite: Only an arcane spellcaster capable of casting at least three different transmutation spells of 2nd level or higher can sense and access the power contained within a rainbow falls.
Location Activation: To claim the power of a rainbow falls, a qualified spellcaster must meditate uninterrupted beside it for 8 hours. If the required meditation period is interrupted, the character can begin again. Though the water appears real enough, it changes to air around the spellcaster's body, so he does not get wet during this period.
Recharge: Once a rainbow falls has conferred its ability on a single spellcaster, it cannot do so again for one year.
Special Ability (Ex): Once per day, a spellcaster who draws forth the power from a rainbow falls can cast a transmutation spell and triple its duration, to a maximum duration of 24 hours. Spells with instantaneous durations are not affected.
Duration: The ability to extend the duration of a transmutation spell lasts for one year.
Aura: Moderate transmutation.
Ability Value: 2,000 gp.
Theme Song: "Wild Child" by Enya"
Her real name is unknown, her parents unknown, no one knows who she is or where she comes from. A tragic character who was taken as a baby from her parents by the fey as a “prank”, she grew up wild under the auspices of pixies and other fair folk like other children they are known to kidnap.
When she grew into her teen years, and was no longer a child, they grew bored of their plaything and dumped her off into the northern reaches. She was cold, naked, alone, and cowering inside of a cave when the gods took mercy on her—a group of pilgrims found the starving wild girl and brought her back to Avalon with them where she remained at the temple of Bahamut.
For five years they struggled to teach her how to speak, and to read, to clothe and care for herself. She grew into her adult years able to finally talk and read, but even now, despite her sharp mind and quick wit, she has a lot of getting used to civilized life. Though she harbors no hatred for the fae, she does however wonder who her parents were, and finds herself uninspired to take on a more "suitable" appearance, preferring her more monstrous and true form when not in the public eye. A walking contradiction, Eve is considered by many to be a "guile-less" changeling, that is, unlike other members of her kin, she has no need for deception and as wizard is more inclined to seek the truth.
1) Describe yourself as someone meeting you for the first time would see you. (Race?, Gender?, Age?, Size? Coloration? Attractiveness?, Dress? Do you try to emphasize or hide any of these features?)
2) What other details would someone notice on a closer look? (Distinguishing marks, birthmarks, scars, etc?)
3) Do you have a distinctive way of speaking or any other mannerisms or memorable behavior?
Depending on who you are and where she is encountered, Eve can look like anyone she chooses. However, all her forms are decidedly female since she associates better with the feminine gender more so than the male. In her normal form, she stands four feet and nine inches tall, is of petite build with short hair, small pointed but splayed ears, coal black eyes and small horns on her head. Eve's skin and hair are without coloration; they are a monochrome color of white.
As a human, Eve has lightly tanned skin, grey eyes and white hair that is always tied back or worn long, and fine romanesque facial features.
Social encounters with Eve varies depending on her mood and the form she takes, however all forms have one distinctive trait; a disdain for the use of common. Eve speaks it well, but it has a Sylvian accent and her use of its words are sometimes off due to lack of better verbiage.
B: Birth and Family
1) Where and when were you born? (Also good to include: Do you know your exact birthdate? Did anything unusual (storms, accidents, deaths, etc?) happen about the same time, with which some people might still associate your birthdate?)
2) Who are your parents? (Names, Occupations, Social class, Were they married?, Are they still alive? are all good things to include)
3) Do you have any siblings? (If so, it would be good to describe them as you did your parents above.)
4) Do you know any members of your extended family? (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins? Also would be good to describe them as above)
5) How did you get along with your family?
Eve has no idea what her actual birthdate is nor where she was born, her true parents are a mystery to her as well and she was raised by the Fey. A victim of the “Changeling Game”, Eve was stolen from her birth parents as an infant and raised as a wild child by her fairy kidnapper; a half-fey named “Silvia”. Discovered by Silvia's mother, Eve was taken away and raised by her since the daughter was becoming bored with her “pet”. This gave Eveie the ability to speak clear and concise Sylvian, almost better than a pureblood, unfortunately the damage was done already and the changeling child was far too wild and untamed for the priestess to control.
Found by Bahamut followers on a pilgrimage to Avalon City, the priest who found the orphan who was cowering and naked inside of a cave named her Eveie…or Eve for short…because she was found on a clear winter's night under a full moon. Eve was ten when she arrived in the city and was raised in an orphanage until she was sixteen. The clergy and the matrons had a hell of a time with her because she was so wild, and didn't have any idea how to dress, feed and carry herself like a young girl. It was Inara, who would become a paladin in the Platinum Lord's service that took the girl under her wing and helped her immensely in becoming more a teenage girl and less a beast.
C: Education and Work
1) Did you serve an apprenticeship in order to learn your current profession/class? For how long?
2) If you were not an apprentice, how did you learn your trade/skills/ect? Formal schooling? Informal Teachers? Self-Taught?
3) Who was your master or teacher? (Race? Gender? Appearance? Personality?) Is he/she still alive? How were you treated? Are/Were you on good terms with your master?
4) Did your teacher have any other apprentices or students? Who were they? Did you get along?
5) Due to the rarity of literacy in this setting, how important are books, writings, letters, ect. to your character? Regardless as to whether or not he/she can read?
6) Do you have a job other than "adventurer"? Who do you work for? How much of your time does this require?
Eve learned to read and write in not just the orphanage, but at the temple as well. The girl's eyes shine with intelligence, and she is a very quick learner. Unfortunately, none of them had any idea what to do with her once she was of age, for she had no skills to provide for herself. At the suggestion of the matron, Eve was sent to live at the Arcadia Inn with Dave and Sari so she could learn a trade there. The changeling learned to mop floors, serve drinks and food, tell the difference between coin and wooden nickles, even how to keep books when they felt she was ready to learn. Yet, Back home, Eve had an insatiable curiosity for magic, because its all she new…all she grew up around. One day, a package arrived for the changeling: a book, Her very first magic tome.
For a time, she was a sort of charity case by many of Therafim's greatest heroes. Some looked upon her with disdain, others saw fit to teach her their ways. Ever astute, Eve picked up on them quickly and with the love and guidance of many good souls, Eve grew in knowledge and understanding. Olivia took her under her wing as well, showing her how to change her form into something more sociable to those who see their kind as monsters, Inara instilled the notions of good and evil within her, Gabriel taught her the meaning of courage, Tonia taught her to believe in herself, and many others showed her that there was a lot of good in the world despite the wickedness within it. The wild girl grew into a confident young woman.
In the beginning, her magic was rudimentary illusions she played with back “home”, but as she grew in understanding, she came to learn that transmutation was her “niche”…being able to change one's form, it just seemed most fitting to her. When they felt she was ready, her wards sent the young girl to the academy to learn formally…after some time, she's earned notoriety as not just an adventuring mage, but as a student.
1) Who were your friends as a child? As an adolescent? As an adult?
2) How many of these people are still alive? How many are you still friends with?
3) Who is/was your best friend? What is the most memorable thing that the two of you ever did together?
4) What do you look for in a friend?
5) Have you ever been in love? Was it reciprocated? Do you have (or have you had) a boy-/girlfriend, a lover, or a spouse? More than one? Are you looking for one? What do you look for in a romantic partner?
Eve has numerous friends in both the note worthy of the realm as well as within the Bahamut clergy. Though not as devout as a clergyperson, Eve is a follower of his teachings, and uses her magic to fight for good. Amongst these friends are Inara, Aliyah, and Seren, who is someone she's grown to fall in love with despite the obvious differences. Though she is very easy to get along with, Eve isn't a social butterfly, and tends to associate with people she knows. Strangers however she tends to be very shy around.
Eve loves Seren because he sees the person within beyond the malleable image, a person who is a good soul, but very headstrong with an insatiable curiosity.
E: Attitudes and Beliefs
1) What are your beliefs about religion and the afterlife? Do you follow any particular god or gods? What appeals to you most about this religion? Least?
2) Where do spirits of nature, the elements and the dead fit into these beliefs?
3) What gods, religions, or priesthoods will you have nothing to do with?
4) What is your moral code? Under what conditions will you kill? Steal? Lie? Do you have a personal code of behavior about violence? Magic? Sex? Dealing with Evil Beings?
5) How committed are you to seeing through something (a task, quest, bargain, etc) that you have started?
6) How important are the following to you?: Power, Wealth, Fame, Honor, Family, Friends, Love, Knowledge, Religion, Your job? To what lengths would you go to acquire or preserve these things?
7) How often do you remember your dreams? How much attention do you pay to them? Do they inspire you? Guide you? Inspire You? Warn you? Frighten You?
8) What is your attitude towards magic? People who use it? Fearsome monsters? The unknown in general?
Numerous things drive Eve; the pursuit of knowledge an understanding for openers. Ironic that a person of a race who thrives on deception and guile would be guileless herself and be a seeker of the truth, but power comes with that accumulation of knowledge and she knows it now. Honor is a thing used by knights and their like, but she's not beyond upholding it. The most important things in her life are her friends, her fiance, and her work…and Eve will do whatever it takes to see them all safe.
Her moral code is just like any one else of a good alignment…don't lie and cheat, don't steal unless you have to in order to survive or to steal from someone evil. Though heroic, Eve will not go all out if things become too unstable, and if she needs to retreat she will do so, taking as many as she can in the escape.
Money, Wealth, Power…there's no shortcut to such things in her life. Eve even works at the Arcadia from time to time not because she needs to, she chooses to. It keeps her humble, and it keeps her close to everyone she knows. Eve could become the most powerful wizard in the world, and yet no one would know it by looking at her and, in truth, she'd sooner keep it so—It's easier that way,
Her attitude towards sex is a very healthy one, but she is monogamous. Faithful to Seren, it would take some kind of strong manipulation for her to indulge in sex with another partner. Being able to change her shape, she like to experiment in different female form, her favorite being that of a "bunny girl" she's named "Jenny."
F: Edges and Flaws
1) What are you especially good at? What sets you apart from the rest of the world? A skill? An unusual knack? A certain flair of style or wit?
2) What flaws do you have? Bad habits? Obsessions? Terrible (or embarrassing) secrets?
3) Do you have any enemies? How much trouble do those conflicts cause you?
G: Likes and Dislikes
1) What do you love? (People? Places? Creatures? Kinds of Food? Activities? Subjects?)
2) What do you hate? How do you typically react to these hated things?
3) What do you fear? What is your worst nightmare?
Eve's gathered some numerous tastes over the year. She collects figurines made of glass and crystal, and has a rather modest but nice collection. Her knack for intuition and learning is superseded only by her naivete, that is, her life was spent first as a pet, then as an orphan. Hard work and help from others made her strong, but her personality is a little subdued that she tends to be shy around newcomers, saying little until she is more comfortable around them or hiding in groups she does know. When working at the Inn, she's generally friendly towards strangers, but leery. Eve has a bad habit of overcompensation: she goes out of her way to say she is sorry usually over the slightest infraction sometimes, which stems from past bouts of low self esteem, indeed, old habits die hard.
Her favorite dish is usually anything…Eve is not a picky eater by any stretch, but has a particular yen for jasmine tea and Sari's beef stew. When not studying or adventuring and working, Eve loves swimming, using her polymorphing abilities to turn into a mermaid to do so when the weather is hot, but in winter time you can find her indoors most of the time, having a particular dislike for cold weather even with means to completely repel it.
To really turn her off or even out right bring her to anger, bully someone in her presence. Eve hates bullies with a passion, and usually punishes them if she can within reason. While some are inclined to just outright kill them, Eve is more inclined to change the offender into something small and fuzzy for her cat to chase into a corner and toy with. Eve also dislikes pushy men, and very loud settings. Eve also suffers from Entomophobia; she is terrified of bugs and is a mild claustrophobic.
1) Describe your first encounter with a nonhuman monster. (Not counting player races, animals, etc that you grew up with, but feel free to mention them too)
2) If you are a spellcaster, describe your first experience with using magic. What were the circumstances? Were you expecting it?
3) If you have an animal companion or familiar, describe how you acquired it. Describe this ally's personality, and its attitude towards you. (Loyal unto death, mischievous, lazy, etc)
4) If you have any unusual possessions, describe how you acquired them. Is their value practical, monetary, sentimental or some combination of these?
5) Please describe your characters general background, this may be any length you wish, but at least one paragraph. You may use any or all of the information above, or new information not covered. (Encouraged)
Her first encounter with inhuman monsters was a frightening one to say the least, yet at the same time it also prompted her to change her stance on magic. Originally, she knew only the illusion tricks that she learned in her time with the fey, which back fired and nearly blinded her permanently. Transmutation came more naturally for her, so she abandoned illusion for real change. Pepper, a cat she summoned for her familiar is more like the proverbial mother hen over Eve, that is, she fusses over her mistress almost to a fault, but loves her like a real pet would…even if it is capable of speaking only to her. This causes people to look at Eve as if she were mad, but other wizards would get it.
To sum up this unorthodox character, Eve is a young, teenager in love who happens to also be an astute learner and is a formidable spellcaster and student. Not claiming to be an expert in anything, she feels that she has no need to do so, rather, Eve prefers to let her actions speak volumes.