|Aliases:||The Old Shade|
|Played by Faithen|
Faithen is a Tall, darkly dressed man with long black hair, somewhat lanky though he has an eerie, unnatural beauty to him. his expression and body language is blank, giving little away about himself.
|Ability||Score||Mod||Temp Score||Temp Mod|
Temp Mod Used to track Magic Item bonuses etc
|Total||Base 10 + Dexerity (4) + armor (6) = 20|
|Dex = +4|
|Skills||Ranks||Stat Bonus||Synergy||Magical Bonuses||Total|
|X||Decipher Script (Int)||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0|
|X||Disable Device (Int)||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0|
|X||Escape Artist (Dex)||+0||+4||+0||+0||+4|
|X||Gather Information (Cha)||+0||+3||+0||+0||+3|
|C||Handle Animal (Cha)||+0||+3||+0||+0||+3|
|C||Knowledge (Planes) (Int)||+7||+0||+0||+0||+7|
|C||Knowledge (Arcana) (Int)||+7||+0||+0||+0||+7|
|C||Knowledge (Nature) (Int)||+7||+0||+0||+0||+7|
|C||Knowledge (Dungeoneering) (int)||+7||+0||+0||+0||+7|
|X||Move Silently (Dex)||+0||+4||+0||+0||+4|
|X||Open Lock (Dex)||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0|
|X||Sense Motive (Wis)||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0|
|X||Sleight of Hand (Dex)||+0||+4||+0||+0||+4|
|X||Speak Language (n/a)||+0|
|X||Use Magic Device (Cha)||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0|
|X||Use Rope (Dex)||+0||+4||+0||+0||+4|
Where C is Cross Class and X is a Class Skill
Languages Known: Common
Martial Study (burning Blade)
Eyes of the Abyss
otherworldly Countence (beautiful) DC = 14
Chaotic Mind (rep feat)
Cloak Of The Obyrith (4/Lawful DR)
Weapon focus (Ghost head sword)(fighter bonus feat)
Weapon specialization (ghost head sword) (fighter bonus feat)
heart of Nabassu
Bravery: +1 on willsaves versus Fear
Armor training +1
|Weapon||Attack Bonus||Damage||Crit||Damage Type|
|Ghost Head Sword||+9||1d10+8||18-20 x2||slashing|
|Armour / Shield||Armour/Shield Bonus||Max Dex||Armour Check||Arcane Spell Failure||Movement Speed||Weight|
|Head||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Face||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Neck||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Shoulders||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Torso||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Arms||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Hands||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Right Ring||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Left Ring||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Waist||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Feet||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Pack||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
List of Items Here:
Chain shirt 100g
Statistics of Items Here:
Spells per Day:
Faithen Da'Rou, a roaming creature that travelled the planes. once he entered Therafim.. his pressence wasn't looked towards kindly by the powers that be.. to say there was an epic battle would be.. exagerating. what ever he once was, he wasn't of much a note to the Gods of therafim other then that he wasn't welcome.. not as he was.. in short order he was broken down to what he began his existance as, a simple man with a form of amnesia..
He knew who he was, but his hands no longer remembered how to wield a blade as it used to, his mind numb to the knowledge he had before. His lips had forgotten the spells that had flowed across them. he knew what he was.. and what he was going to become again, though even the scourging of the gods couldn't entirely rid him of the unnatural taint his life had stained him with. almost all of his possessions rendered worthless, all but his clothing and his armor, which unlike his other possessions had use beyond the magic they held.
Discarding the useless trinkets, he stalked his way to Avalon.. to search for what was lost to him.
1) Describe yourself as someone meeting you for the first time would see you. (Race?, Gender?, Age?, Size? Coloration? Attractiveness?, Dress? Do you try to emphasize or hide any of these features?)
2) What other details would someone notice on a closer look? (Distinguishing marks, birthmarks, scars, etc?)
3) Do you have a distinctive way of speaking or any other mannerisms or memorable behavior?
Faithen is a tall, slender man with a slightly ghostly appearance, marked by his pale skin and luminous purple eyes, and long black hair. He dresses in an all black retinue of silk, leather, and linen, and has a simple otherworldly beauty to him to complete the image as some sort of Apparition.. though he does infact exist in the flesh.
Faithen on a closer examination, lets none of his skin show beyond his face, a sort of scarf wrapped around his neck and tucked into his shirt prevents even his throat from being seen, and like wise his leather gloves and perpetual long sleaves keep the rest of him covered.
Faithen's manner of speaking is very.. mystical, speaking in vague predictions, or statements.. somewhat in riddles.
B: Birth and Family
1) Where and when were you born? (Also good to include: Do you know your exact birthdate? Did anything unusual (storms, accidents, deaths, etc?) happen about the same time, with which some people might still associate your birthdate?)
2) Who are your parents? (Names, Occupations, Social class, Were they married?, Are they still alive? are all good things to include)
3) Do you have any siblings? (If so, it would be good to describe them as you did your parents above.)
4) Do you know any members of your extended family? (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins? Also would be good to describe them as above)
5) How did you get along with your family?
Faithen was born in the sixty third year of the second century of the Urodan Calender, in Theris village of the Kingdom of Lagas, Urodan Continent of the Planet Oria. don't know what any of that means? Well you wouldn't. you're from the world of Therafim.
Faithen's Parents were Amelia and Orodin Da'Theris, within the Village his mother was a seamstress and his father of the Village Guard. They were married, they are no longer alive. Faithen Left Oria around the thirtieth year of the fifteenth century. Faithen Has no other siblings, Nor any extended Family. His familial relations were fairly normal up until the he left his Village, though his Father had died a few years prior to that in the line of duty
C: Education and Work
1) Did you serve an apprenticeship in order to learn your current profession/class? For how long?
2) If you were not an apprentice, how did you learn your trade/skills/ect? Formal schooling? Informal Teachers? Self-Taught?
3) Who was your master or teacher? (Race? Gender? Appearance? Personality?) Is he/she still alive? How were you treated? Are/Were you on good terms with your master?
4) Did your teacher have any other apprentices or students? Who were they? Did you get along?
5) Due to the rarity of literacy in this setting, how important are books, writings, letters, ect. to your character? Regardless as to whether or not he/she can read?
6) Do you have a job other than "adventurer"? Who do you work for? How much of your time does this require?
Faithen was apprenticed under his Father as one of the village guard until he was of age, 15, from there Experience was his teacher.
Faithen himself is somewhat neutral towards books, having had a long life before coming to Therafim, he holds little value for them, but he does not scorn them.
Further more Faithen has no other job then that as an adventurer
1) Who were your friends as a child? As an adolescent? As an adult?
2) How many of these people are still alive? How many are you still friends with?
3) Who is/was your best friend? What is the most memorable thing that the two of you ever did together?
4) What do you look for in a friend?
5) Have you ever been in love? Was it reciprocated? Do you have (or have you had) a boy-/girlfriend, a lover, or a spouse? More than one? Are you looking for one? What do you look for in a romantic partner?
Faithen had a few friends within the guard, though he has long forgotten their names, and none of them are alive.
Faithen's Best friend is and was his sword, Arethane the crystal soul thief. and intelligent blade that kept him company through the centuries.. it is currently missing.
Faithen Doesn't look for friends, nor companionship.
Faithen has been in love a few times, was once married, though she is long dead, he further more had a relationship across the centuries with a Demoness, which was off an on, being as enui and boredom set in with the two.. but they usually returned to each other. Faithen doesn't particularly look for romance, he is cold and dead inside, at best he is looking for a victim.
E: Attitudes and Beliefs
1) What are your beliefs about religion and the afterlife? Do you follow any particular god or gods? What appeals to you most about this religion? Least?
2) Where do spirits of nature, the elements and the dead fit into these beliefs?
3) What gods, religions, or priesthoods will you have nothing to do with?
4) What is your moral code? Under what conditions will you kill? Steal? Lie? Do you have a personal code of behavior about violence? Magic? Sex? Dealing with Evil Beings?
5) How committed are you to seeing through something (a task, quest, bargain, etc) that you have started?
6) How important are the following to you?: Power, Wealth, Fame, Honor, Family, Friends, Love, Knowledge, Religion, Your job? To what lengths would you go to acquire or preserve these things?
7) How often do you remember your dreams? How much attention do you pay to them? Do they inspire you? Guide you? Inspire You? Warn you? Frighten You?
8) What is your attitude towards magic? People who use it? Fearsome monsters? The unknown in general?
Faithen Is rather apathetic towards the gods and religion.. He knows they are fallible, and can be slain much like anything else.. though he isn't particularly experienced in combating them, nor does he care to.
He prefers to see things as they are, nature, spirits, and everything else simply do what they are meant to do, live, and survive.. while the undead simply strive to return to live, biting and clawing their way desperately back into existance
as far as particular gods go, Faithen will have little to do with Protectors of life, he views them as meddlesome and unnatural, things should earn their right to live, not be coddled by some super powerful being with a Father or mother complex.
Faithen's moral code is as lax as his view on religion itself, though he is not particularly blood thirty, he only needs a passable excuse to kill. he how ever does not believe in stealing or lying, they serve little purpose and are more trouble then anything else.. besides with as little meaning as there is to live, playing by a few rules keeps it interesting.
as far as sex and magic, at one point in time he was heavily involved with both, and can only think fondly of them. Dealing with evil beings he has little compunctions with, how ever he knows the follies of dealing with them, so for reasons of self interest he only deals with them carefully if at all.
Faithen Tends to follow through on what he has started out of a sense of boredom, he has little else to do as such rarely quits on a task at hand, that leaves him with the issue of finding another. though bargains are another matter entirely, he honors them explicitly.. remembering terms, abiding them, twisting them, are part of his day to day amusement. he doesn't break them how ever.
As for what is important to Faithen, Knowledge, and power.. in that order.. the rest have little to no value to him, he knows that knowledge in itself is power.
On the topic of Dreams, Faithen rarely ever dreams, when he does he remembers them.. but on the same hand he hardly ever sleeps.
Faithen reacts to magic, the people use it, monsters, and the unknown with simple curiousity… by all accounts he use to be all of the above as far as most people were concerned.
F: Edges and Flaws
1) What are you especially good at? What sets you apart from the rest of the world? A skill? An unusual knack? A certain flair of style or wit?
2) What flaws do you have? Bad habits? Obsessions? Terrible (or embarrassing) secrets?
3) Do you have any enemies? How much trouble do those conflicts cause you?
Faithen is very good at word craft, mind games, and inflicting pain.
As far as flaws go, Faithen isn't very good at taking care of himself, eating.. sleeping, drinking, resting.. are all things from his long dead past come back to haunt them, and he isn't particularly fond of that fact. the only obsession Faithen has at this point is returning to what he once was.
Faithen has few enemies, and certainly none in therafim.. yet. there is always time to make more.
G: Likes and Dislikes
1) What do you love? (People? Places? Creatures? Kinds of Food? Activities? Subjects?)
2) What do you hate? How do you typically react to these hated things?
3) What do you fear? What is your worst nightmare?
Faithen is a fairly cold hearted person, and loves little but his own amusement.. which is whimsical in itself and one never knows where it might turn him.
on the same hand, Faithen hates little. It requires a sort of emotional energy he simply doesn't have… though people who simply give up are a rare exception, he will oblige them and end their lives with little moral issue.
Faithen Fears little.. though at this point not being able to return to his former self is something of a fear.
1) Describe your first encounter with a nonhuman monster. (Not counting player races, animals, etc that you grew up with, but feel free to mention them too)
2) If you are a spellcaster, describe your first experience with using magic. What were the circumstances? Were you expecting it?
3) If you have an animal companion or familiar, describe how you acquired it. Describe this ally's personality, and its attitude towards you. (Loyal unto death, mischievous, lazy, etc)
4) If you have any unusual possessions, describe how you acquired them. Is their value practical, monetary, sentimental or some combination of these?
5) Please describe your characters general background, this may be any length you wish, but at least one paragraph. You may use any or all of the information above, or new information not covered. (Encouraged)
Theris Village was within a land that was fairly plagued with lesser demons, as such he grew up combating them, and various little abominations that the demons seemed to playfully make up just to play with Theris Village, and others in the area.
While Faithen is not a spellcaster, at one point in time magic was within his grasp. he was taught by his companion, Arethane. By nature the magic was more akin to that of a warlock then any other caster within Therafim.
Faithen how ever has no companion, and the only objects of interest would be the skulls of his defeated foes he has began attatching to his long over coat, one of a Human, the other of a Half dragon Kobold.
Faithen Is a former member of a small village, whom grew up protecting it.. and later left it for war.. lost his wife.. and his humanity to the things around him, Delving deeply into this he became.. something so much more and less then what he was.. and began travelling the planes out of Ennui only to come to therafim, where the powers that be found his pressence… less then welcome. unexaulted he travels the world, looking for what was lost to him, both in terms of knowledge and power.