|Class:||Battle Sorcerer 5|
|Played by Blackshade|
|Ability||Score||Mod||Temp Score||Temp Mod|
Temp Mod Used to track Magic Item bonuses etc
|Total||Base 10 + 2 + 3 + 1 = 16|
|Dex = +2|
|-||U||Climb (Str)||+ 0||+ 2||+ 0||+ 0||+ 2|
|-||U||Jump (Str)||+ 0||+ 2||+ 0||+ 0||+ 2|
|-||U||Swim (Str)||+ 0||+ 2||+ 0||+ 0||+ 2|
|-||U||Balance (Dex)||+ 0||+ 2||+ 0||+ 0||+ 2|
|-||U||Escape Artist (Dex)||+ 0||+ 2||+ 0||+ 0||+ 2|
|-||U||Hide (Dex)||+ 0||+ 2||+ 0||+ 0||+ 2|
|-||U||Move Silently (Dex)||+ 0||+ 2||+ 0||+ 0||+ 2|
|-||-||Open Lock (Dex)||+ 0||+ 2||+ 0||+ 0||+ 2|
|-||U||Ride (Dex)||+ 0||+ 2||+ 0||+ 0||+ 2|
|-||-||Sleight of Hand (Dex)||+ 0||+ 2||+ 0||+ 0||+ 2|
|-||-||Tumble (Dex)||+ 0||+ 2||+ 0||+ 0||+ 2|
|-||U||Use Rope (Dex)||+ 0||+ 2||+ 0||+ 0||+ 2|
|X||U||Concentration (Con)||+ 8||+ 2||+ 0||+ 0||+ 10|
|X||U||Appraise (Int)||+ 0||+ 2||+ 0||+ 0||+ 2|
|X||U||Craft (Int)||+ 0||+ 2||+ 0||+ 0||+ 2|
|-||-||Decipher Script (Int)||+ 0||+ 2||+ 0||+ 0||+ 2|
|-||-||Disable Device (Int)||+ 0||+ 2||+ 0||+ 0||+ 2|
|-||U||Forgery (Int)||+ 0||+ 2||+ 0||+ 0||+ 2|
|X||-||Knowledge (Arcana) (Int)||+ 8||+ 2||+ 0||+ 0||+ 10|
|X||-||Knowledge (Royalty) (Int)||+ 8||+ 2||+ 0||+ 0||+ 10|
|X||-||Knowledge (Planes) (Int)||+ 8||+ 2||+ 0||+ 0||+ 10|
|-||U||Search (Int)||+ 0||+ 2||+ 0||+ 0||+ 2|
|X||-||Spellcraft (Int)||+ 8||+ 2||+ 0||+ 0||+ 9|
|-||U||Heal (Wis)||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0|
|-||U||Listen (Wis)||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0|
|X||-||Profession (Wis)||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0|
|-||U||Sense Motive (Wis)||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0|
|-||U||Spot (Wis)||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0|
|-||U||Survival (Wis)||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0|
|X||U||Bluff (Cha)||+ 0||+ 5||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0|
|-||U||Diplomacy (Cha)||+ 0||+ 5||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0|
|-||U||Disguise (Cha)||+ 0||+ 5||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0|
|-||U||Gather Information (Cha)||+ 0||+ 5||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0|
|-||-||Handle Animal (Cha)||+ 0||+ 5||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0|
|X||U||Intimidate (Cha)||+ 8||+ 5||+ 0||+ 0||+ 13|
|-||U||Perform (Cha)||+ 0||+ 5||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0|
|X||-||Use Magic Device (Cha)||+ 8||+ 5||+ 0||+ 5||+ 18|
|-||-||Speak Language||+ 0|
|Skill Points||Total Skill Points Here|
-U = usable untrained
-C = class skill
Skill Tricks go here
Skill Point Total:
All of the following are class features of the Sorcerer.
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Sorcerers are proficient with all simple weapons. They are not proficient with any type of armor or shield. Armor interferes with a sorcerer's gestures, which can cause her spells with somatic components to fail.
Spells: A sorcerer casts arcane spells which are drawn from the sorcerer/wizard spell list. She can cast any spell she knows without preparing it ahead of time. To learn or cast a spell, a sorcerer must have a Charisma score equal to at least 10 + the spell level. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a sorcerer's spell is 10 + the spell level + the sorcerer's Charisma modifier.
Like other spell casters, a sorcerer can only cast a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. Her base daily spell allotment is given in the table above. In addition, she receives bonus spells per day if she has a high Charisma score, see: Bonus Spells.
A sorcerer's selection of spells is extremely limited. A sorcerer begins play knowing four 0-level spells and two 1st-level spells of her choice. At each new sorcerer level, she gains one or more new spells, as indicated in the table below. (Unlike spells per day, the number of spells a sorcerer knows is not affected by her Charisma score; the numbers in the table below are fixed.) These new spells can be common spells chosen from the sorcerer/wizard spell list, or they can be unusual spells that the sorcerer has gained some understanding of through study.
Upon reaching 4th level, and at every even numbered sorcerer level after that (6th, 8th, and so on), a sorcerer can choose to learn a new spell in place of one she already knows. In effect, the sorcerer loses the old spell in exchange for the new one. The new spell's level must be the same as that of the spell being exchanged. A sorcerer may swap only a single spell at any given level, and must choose whether or not to swap the spell at the same time she gains new spells known for the level.
Like all other spellcasters in Therafim, the Sorcerer cast spells spontaneously however a full nights sleep is still required to recover spent spell slots.
Illiteracy: Sorcerers begin play illiterate.
Eschew Materials: A sorcerer gains Eschew Materials as a bonus feat at 1st level.
Bloodline: Each sorcerer has a source of magic somewhere in her heritage that grants her spells, bonus feats, an additional class skill, and other special abilities. This source can represent a blood relation or an extreme event involving a creature somewhere in the family's past. For example, a sorcerer might have a dragon as a distant relative or her grandfather might have signed a terrible contract with a devil. Regardless of the source, this influence manifests in a number of ways as the sorcerer gains levels. A sorcerer must pick one bloodline upon taking her first level of sorcerer. Once made, this choice cannot be changed.
At 3rd level, and every two levels thereafter, a sorcerer learns an additional spell, derived from her bloodline. These spells are in addition to the spells given on the above table. These spells cannot be exchanged for different spells at higher levels.
At 7th level, and every six levels thereafter, a sorcerer receives one bonus feat, chosen chosen from a list specific to each bloodline. The sorcerer must meet the prerequisites for these bonus feats.
Bloodline Arcana: Whenever you cast a spell that deals energy damage, you can change the type of damage to match the type of your bloodline. This also changes the spell's type to match the type of your bloodline.
Bloodline Powers: One of the four elements infuses your being, and you can draw upon its power in times of need. At first level, you must select one of the four elements: air, earth, fire, or water. This choice cannot be changed. A number of your abilities grant resistances and deal damage based on your element.
Elemental Ray (Sp): Starting at 1st level, you can unleash an elemental ray as a standard action, targeting any foe within 30 feet as a ranged touch attack. This ray deals 1d6 points of damage of your energy type + 1 for every two sorcerer levels you possess. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier.
Elemental Resistance (Ex): At 3rd level, you gain energy resistance 10 against your energy type. At 9th level, your energy resistance increases to 20.
Elemental Blast (Sp): At 9th level, you can unleash a blast of elemental power once per day. This 20-foot-radius burst does 1d6 points of damage of your energy type per sorcerer level. Those caught in the area of your blast receive a Reflex save for half damage. Creatures that fail their saves gain vulnerability to your energy type until the end of your next turn. The DC of this save is equal to 10 + 1/2 your sorcerer level + your Charisma modifier. At 9th level, you can use this ability once per day. At 17th level, you can use this ability twice per day. At 20th level, you can use this ability three times per day. This power has a range of 60 feet.
Elemental Movement (Su): At 15th level, you gain a special movement type or bonus. This ability is based on your chosen element, as indicated on the chart below.
The battle sorcerer is no weak arcanist, hiding behind the fighters. Instead, she is a capable physical combatant who mixes magical prowess with fighting skill.
Base Attack Bonus
The battle sorcerer uses the base attack bonus progression of the cleric.
The battle sorcerer has all the standard sorcerer class features, except as noted below.
Weapon and Armor Proficiency
At 1st level, a battle sorcerer gains proficiency with any light or one-handed martial weapon of the character's choice. She also gains proficiency with light armor.
A battle sorcerer can cast sorcerer spells derived from her class levels of battle sorcerer while in light armor without the normal arcane spell failure chance.
A battle sorcerer has fewer daily spell slots than a standard sorcerer. Subtract one spell per day from each spell level on Table: The Sorcerer (to a minimum of zero spells per day). For example, a 1st-level battle sorcerer may cast four 0-level spells and two 1st-level spells per day (plus bonus spells, if any).
A battle sorcerer knows fewer spells per spell level than a standard sorcerer. Subtract one spell known from each spell level on Table: Sorcerer Spells Known (to a minimum of one spell per spell level). For example, a 4th-level battle sorcerer knows five 0-level spells, two 1st-level spells, and one 2nd-level spell. When she reaches 5th level, the battle sorcerer learns one additional 1st-level spell, but doesn't learn an additional 2nd-level spell (since two minus one is one).
Human characters get a +2 bonus to one ability score of their choice at creation to represent their varied nature.
Medium: Humans are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Normal Speed: Humans have a base speed of 30 feet.
Bonus Feat: Humans select one extra feat at 1st level.
Skilled: Humans gain an additional four skill points at first level, and an additional one at every level after.
Languages: Humans begin play speaking Common. Humans with high Intelligence scores can choose any languages they want (except secret languages, such as Druidic).
|Weapon||Attack Bonus||Damage||Crit||Damage Type|
|Masterwork Schiavona Sword||+6||1d8+2||18/20 x2||Piercing or Slashing|
|Armour / Shield||Armour/Shield Bonus||Max Dex||Armour Check||Arcane Spell Failure||Movement Speed||Weight|
|Head||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Face||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Neck||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Shoulders||Cloak of Resistance +1||Brief item description|
|Torso||+1 Leather Armor||Brief item description|
|Arms||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Hands||+5 to Use Magic Device||Brief item description|
|Right Ring||Ring of Protection +1||Brief item description|
|Left Ring||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Waist||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Feet||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Pack||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
List of Items Here:
1 x potion of cure light wounds
1 x thunderstone
1 x alchemist's fire
Statistics of Items Here:
Spells per Day:
10+5+Spell Level = 15 + Spell Level
Sir Lloyd Mute is not a normal man- some would say, he's not even a man. Some say that he is one born of the world, born of nature itself, born of her fury…
1) Describe yourself as someone meeting you for the first time would see you. (Race?, Gender?, Age?, Size? Coloration? Attractiveness?, Dress? Do you try to emphasize or hide any of these features?)
Lloyd Mute is a young human male, somewhere in his early twenties, of somewhat average height and of fair complexion. Many would deem him quite handsome, though he dresses in an unusual and foreign manner, though is consistently polite and forthcoming. He attempts to hide none of these features, and is very public.
2) What other details would someone notice on a closer look? (Distinguishing marks, birthmarks, scars, etc?)
Lloyd has numerous scars over his person beneath his clothing, many of which seem especially cruel.
3) Do you have a distinctive way of speaking or any other mannerisms or memorable behavior?
Lloyd is incredibly proper, though quiet, and when he speaks he commands the attention of those around him, even with a sense of intimidating charisma.
B: Birth and Family
1) Where and when were you born? (Also good to include: Do you know your exact birthdate? Did anything unusual (storms, accidents, deaths, etc?) happen about the same time, with which some people might still associate your birthdate?)
Lloyd was born roughly twenty two years ago, in the land of the Coutramon Confederacy. He was born on the holiday of warriors in the small village from where he was born, and is frequently associated with it.
2) Who are your parents? (Names, Occupations, Social class, Were they married?, Are they still alive? are all good things to include)
Lloyd had a mother and father, both of whom are deceased. His father was a Knight of the Confederacy, and his mother a simple wife.
3) Do you have any siblings? (If so, it would be good to describe them as you did your parents above.)
Yes, though leaving this open for character ties.
4) Do you know any members of your extended family? (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins? Also would be good to describe them as above)
Yes, his uncle is still alive, and currently serves in the military.
5) How did you get along with your family?
Lloyd was the son that everyone expected much of, and so, he got along quite well.
C: Education and Work
1) Did you serve an apprenticeship in order to learn your current profession/class? For how long?
No, Lloyd is self-taught.
2) If you were not an apprentice, how did you learn your trade/skills/ect? Formal schooling? Informal Teachers? Self-Taught?
3) Who was your master or teacher? (Race? Gender? Appearance? Personality?) Is he/she still alive? How were you treated? Are/Were you on good terms with your master?
4) Did your teacher have any other apprentices or students? Who were they? Did you get along?
5) Due to the rarity of literacy in this setting, how important are books, writings, letters, ect. to your character? Regardless as to whether or not he/she can read?
Lloyd taught himself how to read with a little help from his uncle, and deems it necessary in his duties.
6) Do you have a job other than "adventurer"? Who do you work for? How much of your time does this require?
At this point, no, though he refers to himself as a Mage-Knight
1) Who were your friends as a child? As an adolescent? As an adult?
Lloyd had a group of adventurers that he traveled with, and worked together as knights. Two are now deceased(to his knowledge) and the other five are his eternal enemies.
2) How many of these people are still alive? How many are you still friends with?
Five, and he hates them vehemently. The other two are still his allies(if alive)
3) Who is/was your best friend? What is the most memorable thing that the two of you ever did together?
Lloyd has no one who he’d really consider a best friend.
4) What do you look for in a friend?
Just behavior. Honorable nature.
5) Have you ever been in love? Was it reciprocated? Do you have (or have you had) a boy-/girlfriend, a lover, or a spouse? More than one? Are you looking for one? What do you look for in a romantic partner?
E: Attitudes and Beliefs
1) What are your beliefs about religion and the afterlife? Do you follow any particular god or gods? What appeals to you most about this religion? Least?
Lloyd currently does not adhere to many deities, his mind is too filled with woes and rage.
2) Where do spirits of nature, the elements and the dead fit into these beliefs?
He believes that the Air Elementals recreated him, and allowed him a chance at vengeance. In this, he has deep respect.
3) What gods, religions, or priesthoods will you have nothing to do with?
Evil deities, though he doesn’t interact with most.
4) What is your moral code? Under what conditions will you kill? Steal? Lie? Do you have a personal code of behavior about violence? Magic? Sex? Dealing with Evil Beings?
His moral code is defined as it was in life: To act justly. He will kill to protect, though makes an exception for vengeance, he doesn’t steal unless it helps him toward his revenge, and he will lie if he thinks it’s needed. His personal code is flexible, but doesn’t kill in evil ways. Magic is a tool. Sex is an enjoyable thing, but not something he too often thinks about. Destroy them.
5) How committed are you to seeing through something (a task, quest, bargain, etc) that you have started?
6) How important are the following to you?: Power, Wealth, Fame, Honor, Family, Friends, Love, Knowledge, Religion, Your job? To what lengths would you go to acquire or preserve these things?
Wealth: Cares not.
Honor: As important as life.
Friends: Also protect and cherish.
Love: Rare, and hard to find.
Religion: Not very.
Job: Doesn’t have one.
To any length necessary.
7) How often do you remember your dreams? How much attention do you pay to them? Do they inspire you? Guide you? Inspire You? Warn you? Frighten You?
Often. They are usually nightmares of his death. They do all these things, in particular, they frighten him.
8) What is your attitude towards magic? People who use it? Fearsome monsters? The unknown in general?
Magic is a tool to be used, though not for evil purposes. People who use it are talented. Foes to overcome. Mysteries to understand.
F: Edges and Flaws
1) What are you especially good at? What sets you apart from the rest of the world? A skill? An unusual knack? A certain flair of style or wit?
Swordwork and Sorcery. His unusual heritage. Studies. He’s quite apt at anything related to air or electricity, though notably does well with elemental magic in general. As a flair, he tends to be very noble and just.
2) What flaws do you have? Bad habits? Obsessions? Terrible (or embarrassing) secrets?
Lloyd is obsessed with gaining vengeance for the betrayal he suffered. He tends to be very over critical of himself and others. He’s obsessed with revenge. His worst secret is that he wishes to kill heroes of the Confederacy, despite the truth.
3) Do you have any enemies? How much trouble do those conflicts cause you?
His former part members.
G: Likes and Dislikes
1) What do you love? (People? Places? Creatures? Kinds of Food? Activities? Subjects?)
Lloyd loves adventure, mystery, swordplay, magic, speed, his friends, elementals, bread, running, and the arcane, history, and local customs.
2) What do you hate? How do you typically react to these hated things?
Betrayers, especially those of his former party. He tends to murder them.
3) What do you fear? What is your worst nightmare?
Not getting revenge, dying without meaning.
1) Describe your first encounter with a nonhuman monster. (Not counting player races, animals, etc that you grew up with, but feel free to mention them too)
Lloyd’s first encounter was during a patrol in the borders, where he encountered an unusual aberration that was eating livestock that he helped slay.
2) If you are a spellcaster, describe your first experience with using magic. What were the circumstances? Were you expecting it?
His first experience with spellcasting was when he shot lightning bolts out of his palms. Burnt the apple tree by accident.
3) If you have an animal companion or familiar, describe how you acquired it. Describe this ally's personality, and its attitude towards you. (Loyal unto death, mischievous, lazy, etc)
4) If you have any unusual possessions, describe how you acquired them. Is their value practical, monetary, sentimental or some combination of these?
Lloyd has lost most things, but his hat was his former belonging and he cherishes it.
5) Please describe your characters general background, this may be any length you wish, but at least one paragraph. You may use any or all of the information above, or new information not covered. (Encouraged)