|Aliases:||"I don't need a damn alias."|
|Gold:||78 Gold, 3 Sp, 8 Cp.|
|Played by Lisa J|
A tall woman, pale in complexion with brown eyes that carry the weight of the world within them, and foreshadow something more…something frightening…implacable. Her motives, her thoughts and her agenda are all her own.
Quote: "Shred or be shredded, sad but true but its the law of the jungle out there…and I know which one I'm going to be doing."
Points and Stats Breakdown:
- 36pt build with 8 in every start to build from.
- +2 to any one stat for being human, applied to Wisdom for a core stat of 10.
|Ability||Score||Mod||Temp Score||Temp Mod|
|Total||Base 10 + Dexterity (+4) + Armor (+4) + Buckler (+1) + Dastana (+1) =20|
|+1||+Dex/+Str||+5/+5, +7 if a 2H weapon is used, add 1.5 times the str. mod rounded down.|
|Dex = +4|
|Skills||Ranks||Stat Bonus||Synergy||Magical Bonuses||Total|
|C||Craft (Alchemy, Int)||+1||+2||+0||+0||+3|
|X||Decipher Script (Int)||+0||+2||+0||+0||+2|
|X||Disable Device (Int)||+0||+2||+0||+0||+2|
|X||Escape Artist (Dex)||+0||+4||+0||+0||+4|
|X||Gather Information (Cha)||+0||-1||+0||+0||-1|
|X||Handle Animal (Cha)||+0||-1||+0||+0||-1|
|C||Knowledge (Local) (Int)||+4||+2||+0||+0||+6|
|C||Knowledge (Arcana) (Int)||+4||+2||+0||+0||+6|
|C||Martial Lore (Int)||+4||+2||+0||+0||+6|
|X||Move Silently (Dex)||+0||+4||+0||+0||+0|
|X||Open Lock (Dex)||+0||+4||+0||+0||+0|
|X||Profession (Cook, Wis)||+0||+2||+0||+0||+0|
|X||Sense Motive (Wis)||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0|
|X||Sleight of Hand (Dex)||+0||+4||+0||+0||+0|
|X||Speak Language (n/a)||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0|
|X||Use Magic Device (Cha)||+0||-1||+0||+0||+0|
|X||Use Rope (Dex)||+0||+4||+0||+0||+0|
Where X is Cross Class and C is a Class Skill
4+Int. mod X4 +4 at First Level
4+int. mod +1 per level
Level 1: 28
Some creatures, especially beings that normally live in the Underdark, have a hard time dealing with the raw, merciless light of the surface world. Other creatures, most notably undead, actually take damage from such exposure, and from related effects. However, it is possible for many of these creatures to overcome their weakness to light through careful, steady doses of exposure. While these methods of gradual exposure can be grueling, and even potentially deadly in some instances, those who make it through the training process are hardened against what was once a great danger.
Prerequisites: Light-related weakness.
Benefit: Creatures with light sensitivity (such as orcs) are able to function in sunlight without any penalties. Creatures that are actually damaged by sunlight (such as vampires) suffer only half the effects, or are able to last twice as long if there is a time duration of survival listed rather than a damage amount, and do not suffer any movement penalties for exposure.
Improved Buckler Defense
Battle Clarity (Ex): You can enter a state of almost mystical awareness of the battlefield around you. As long as you are not fl at-footed, you gain an insight bonus equal to your Intelligence bonus (maximum equals your warblade level) on your Reflex saves.
Weapon Aptitude (Ex): Your training with a wide range of weaponry and tactics gives you great skill with particular weapons. You qualify for feats that usually require a minimum number of fighter levels (such as Weapon Specialization) as if you had a fighter level equal to your warblade level –2. For example, as a 6th-level warblade, you could take Weapon Specialization, since you’re treated as being a 4th-level fighter for this purpose. These effective fi ghter levels stack with any actual fighter levels you have. Thus, a fighter 2/warblade 4 would also qualify for Weapon Specialization. You also have the flexibility to adjust your weapon training. Each morning, you can spend 1 hour in weapon practice to change the designated weapon for any feat you have that applies only to a single weapon (such as Weapon Focus).
You must have the newly designated weapon available during your practice session to make this change. For example, if you wish to change the
designated weapon for your Weapon Focus feat from greatsword to longsword, you must have a longsword available to practice with during your practice session. You can adjust any number of your feats in this way, and you don’t have to adjust them all in the same way. However, you can’t change the weapon choices in such a way that you no longer meet the prerequisite for some other feat you possess. For instance, if you have both Weapon Focus (longsword) and Weapon Specialization (longsword), you can’t change the designated weapon for Weapon Focus unless you also change the weapon for Weapon Specialization in the same way.
- Human characters get a +2 bonus to one ability score of their choice at creation to represent their varied nature.
- Medium: Humans are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Normal Speed: Humans have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Bonus Feat: Humans select one extra feat at 1st level.
- Skilled: Humans gain an additional four skill points at first level, and an additional one at every level after.
- Light Sensitivity: Lightlost humans suffer a -1 circumstance penalty to attack rolls, saves, and checks in bright sunlight or within the radius of a daylight spell. (No longer applies due to the Light Hardened Racial Feat)
- 60' Darkvision.
- Languages: Humans begin play speaking Common. Humans with high Intelligence scores can choose any languages they want (except secret languages, such as Druidic).
Common - The language originally given to the people of Therafim by the gods, and so used by almost everyone who lives or visits the surface of Therafim. Also used by many planar creatures, as their lingua franca, in those few instances where they are not able to use some form of telepathic communication. Uses the High Tongue alphabet.
Undercommon - Where Common was given to the people of Therafim by the powers that created the world, Undercommon is an adaptation of that language to the strange and chaotic world of the Underdark and the depths of the seas and oceans, which has caused it to be heavily influenced by planar and elemental languages. It uses the High Tongue alphabet.
Literacy - Literacy is not common on Therafim. Unless a given race or class is noted otherwise, it should be assumed that a given character is illiterate. Literate classes have this noted along with their class skills. Literacy is always an available bonus language for all races, though it is not listed on the bonus language lists. If someone is Literate, then they can read and write in all languages that they know.
|Weapon||Attack Bonus||Damage||Crit||Damage Type|
|Scythe||+7||2d4+7||x4||P and S|
|Armour / Shield||Armour/Shield Bonus||Max Dex||Armour Check||Arcane Spell Failure||Movement Speed||Weight|
|Head||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Face||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Neck||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Shoulders||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Torso||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Arms||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Hands||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Right Ring||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Left Ring||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Waist||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Feet||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Pack||Basic Adventuring Package||Needful Things|
Statistics of Items Here:
20 Arrows-2 Gold
Maneuvers Known: 3
Stances Known: 1
Maneuvers per encounter: 3
- Iron Heart
- Diamond Mind
- Stone Dragon
1) Describe yourself as someone meeting you for the first time would see you. (Race?, Gender?, Age?, Size? Coloration? Attractiveness?, Dress? Do you try to emphasize or hide any of these features?)
2) What other details would someone notice on a closer look? (Distinguishing marks, birthmarks, scars, etc?)
3) Do you have a distinctive way of speaking or any other mannerisms or memorable behavior?
By appearances, Ophelia looks like a normal human woman with caramel colored hair and oak colored eyes, however her pale complexion, the dark rings about her eyes and the glyphs on her neck and inside her left thigh tell the tale that this woman is indeed a “Lost Girl”; a Lightlost. The glyphs are lettered in undercommon, small but noticeable. On the back of her neck is the number “122” and inside her thigh is the word “Mine.”
The markings are a reminder to her of her weakness, of her time as the herd-thrall of a powerful vampire lord; motivation. Refusal to ever go back to a life of decadence and opulent suffering, it also stokes her hate for all things undead.
Though her accent suggests someone from Heaven's Tear, it is littered with the occasional expletive. She is always frank, with no tact or any concern for the feelings of the person she speaks to. Brutally honest…like a sledgehammer to the nuts. Like most Lightlost, she too has the cynical wit, the dark humor and almost nihilistic view of the world, yet is more than prepared to shred pretentious bullshit to bits. Always cool and collected, but very quick to speak her mind and not one bit “politically correct.”
B: Birth and Family
1) Where and when were you born? (Also good to include: Do you know your exact birthdate? Did anything unusual (storms, accidents, deaths, etc?) happen about the same time, with which some people might still associate your birthdate?)
2) Who are your parents? (Names, Occupations, Social class, Were they married?, Are they still alive? are all good things to include)
3) Do you have any siblings? (If so, it would be good to describe them as you did your parents above.)
4) Do you know any members of your extended family? (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins? Also would be good to describe them as above)
5) How did you get along with your family?
Though domination has robed her of almost all her past memories, she was born and raised in one of Therafim's largest cities, Shimin. Bits and pieces of her memories come to her, like a dream, now and then. A man with a silver laugh that brings her joy when she thinks of him…and the smell of fresh baked apple pie reminds of a woman she might have called mother, the laughter of children reminds her of running through fields of rice when she was a child with other children…feelings…but no faces or names to put them to. She remembers only fragments of a life that may or may not have been hers, and because of this can't remember the day of her birth, or much else from her childhood and adolescent years.
C: Education and Work
1) Did you serve an apprenticeship in order to learn your current profession/class? For how long?
2) If you were not an apprentice, how did you learn your trade/skills/ect? Formal schooling? Informal Teachers? Self-Taught?
3) Who was your master or teacher? (Race? Gender? Appearance? Personality?) Is he/she still alive? How were you treated? Are/Were you on good terms with your master?
4) Did your teacher have any other apprentices or students? Who were they? Did you get along?
5) Due to the rarity of literacy in this setting, how important are books, writings, letters, ect. to your character? Regardless as to whether or not he/she can read?
6) Do you have a job other than "adventurer"? Who do you work for? How much of your time does this require?
When you live in the underdark, every day is a game of survival. You and your lost-boy or lost-girl companions seek warmth where you can, huddled together for safety. Ophelia doesn't know how she is able to read, only that she can. However, her knowledge of the Iron Heart Style came when their Circle's leader, one she calls “Vergil” took her under his wing and trained her. Described by her as a handsome man with white hair, and eyes that were silver on black, always wore loose fitting clothing and called her “kitten” every now and then. “Yes, I was fucking him.” is usually what she tells anyone who asks about their relationship. To her, reading, fighting, whatever you have to do, whatever skill, whatever you can do, use your body, use your mind…you do whatever it takes to survive to see another day. Her reason for becoming an adventurer and venturing from the Darkness into the light was a longing for something better for herself, and maybe someday, she can come back to her Circle…and bring them out of eternal darkness.
1) Who were your friends as a child? As an adolescent? As an adult?
2) How many of these people are still alive? How many are you still friends with?
3) Who is/was your best friend? What is the most memorable thing that the two of you ever did together?
4) What do you look for in a friend?
5) Have you ever been in love? Was it reciprocated? Do you have (or have you had) a boy-/girlfriend, a lover, or a spouse? More than one? Are you looking for one? What do you look for in a romantic partner?
The only friends she counts currently are the ones in her Circle, who were behind her in the exodus from the Underdark. To her, they were all that mattered…her brothers, her sisters, her mothers and fathers…her lovers…what more would you want? It was however, her best friend that convinced her to go back to the surface and find her way. Ophelia's friend had the gift of foresight, and told her that her fate was not in the teneberous evil of the Underdark, but on the surface where she came. The fragments of her past was haunting Ophelia's sleep, and disturbing her slumber…it was time to find the truth.
E: Attitudes and Beliefs
1) What are your beliefs about religion and the afterlife? Do you follow any particular god or gods? What appeals to you most about this religion? Least?
2) Where do spirits of nature, the elements and the dead fit into these beliefs?
3) What gods, religions, or priesthoods will you have nothing to do with?
4) What is your moral code? Under what conditions will you kill? Steal? Lie? Do you have a personal code of behavior about violence? Magic? Sex? Dealing with Evil Beings?
5) How committed are you to seeing through something (a task, quest, bargain, etc) that you have started?
6) How important are the following to you?: Power, Wealth, Fame, Honor, Family, Friends, Love, Knowledge, Religion, Your job? To what lengths would you go to acquire or preserve these things?
7) How often do you remember your dreams? How much attention do you pay to them? Do they inspire you? Guide you? Inspire You? Warn you? Frighten You?
8) What is your attitude towards magic? People who use it? Fearsome monsters? The unknown in general?
To a Lightlost, religion has no place, and in fact, she is somewhat cold towards paladins. Not violent, rather she harbors some heavy dislike. Its not hostile intent she just “doesn't like them.” The gods, in their mind, have forsaken them and yet her people survive, overcome and persevere each and every time. To her, God's exist, and she knows it, but she has no use for them. Tamaran clerics hold a sort of grudging respect for she owes them her life from when she escaped the Underdark, but beyond that she has little else to do with religion.
Her view on death and the afterlife is rather…direct. She believes when you die, that's it, its over…you've punched your ticket, time for the next life if there is one. “Resurrect me only if I can get apiece of the motherfucker that killed me.”
When one lives to survive, you take what you can get. The natural world is there for that fact, but even she knows not to take more than she needs, and the elements are what make up the cosmos… “But what the fuck does that got to do with me?!” she would probably tell you if asked about the first two. The dead should remain where they are; dead and buried. Undeath and her are like oil and fire, and she shows no compunction what so ever in destroying any she finds…with -extreme- prejudice. This is also due to her past as a herd-thrall.
Her moral code is rather simple: “Help others to live simply so others may simply live…but touch my shit and I'll tear your fucking heart out.” She does not suffer thieves at all and is quick to deal with one, somewhat harshly…just as it is in her Circle. If you need it? ASK for it! If you want it? Buy one your damn self! If you are without and hurting she'll share with you, but you damn sure better return the favor. Killing is something you do that gets easier with time, and she's somewhat efficient at it, but she only does so if her life or that of her Circle or companions are in danger. Lying is for cheats, thieves and politicians, not for her. You want a silver tongue devil? Look elsewhere. Ophelia is a hard one, but she's known for having a heart of gold when she has to.
On the matter of sex: Ophelia LOVES it and the hotter it is the better, especially if there's no risk or any chance of a relationship later. She's not looking for a husband rather she's looking for a good lay, but don't expect her to come back to you wanting more later unless you keep her interest (which is somewhat easy to lose…15 minutes of fame and all). She's not into fetishes, she's not into bi or anything like that. She likes MEN…preferably with a lot money and a LOT of stamina that can keep her cumming all.night.long.
Power? Wealth? Fame? Ha. HONOR?! Power comes to those who know how to wield it, and with her knowledge of the Ironheart style, she can fight for it and over time, take it. Wealth and fame will follow as she makes a name for herself, but honor is pointless and seen as a weakness to her. You don't survive by honorable deed, and good guys (and gals) finish last.
To her, once you make her as a friend, you're stuck with her to the last. She'll go to the gates of hell for someone whom she cares about and yank them out of the maws of demons bare handed if she has to. Greater love no one has, than one who lays down their life for their friends.
F: Edges and Flaws
1) What are you especially good at? What sets you apart from the rest of the world? A skill? An unusual knack? A certain flair of style or wit?
2) What flaws do you have? Bad habits? Obsessions? Terrible (or embarrassing) secrets?
3) Do you have any enemies? How much trouble do those conflicts cause you?
G: Likes and Dislikes
1) What do you love? (People? Places? Creatures? Kinds of Food? Activities? Subjects?)
2) What do you hate? How do you typically react to these hated things?
3) What do you fear? What is your worst nightmare?
Ophelia has a few things going for her, even though her willpower is somewhat sapped and she has issues with impulsiveness. Years of living in the Underdark and being a “lickslut” (Def: “A vampire term for a herd-thrall that is used as a “bleeder” slowly draining them by making very thin cuts on the body in sensitive places then licking and sucking the blood without dying or turning them. The act of which is very pleasurable. ) has made her rather tough and her skin in sensitive places is somewhat littered with small cuts. A physical person, her body is strong and agile, she is very fast on her feet and few obstacles will impede her. Ophelia is also rather quick to learn, astute but not on par with the world's greatest magi of course, but its enough. Also, she has a mean streak a mile long as it is wide when she has to fight, and is known for giggling and moaning in pleasure as she kills…as if she gathers sexual release from fighting. The woman will admit to it, in fact, that the thrill of it makes her “want to fuck”, which is both to her merit and her detriment.
Her love for waterfalls, the sounds of good music, “real” food…Ophelia is happy with creature comforts more than she is with non-material wealth. Ask her what she hates, and she'll give you a list as long as your arm, but the top three things she detests are (other than the undead) are smokers, laggards, and pretentious people.
The one thing, and the only thing, she fears more than anything is once again becoming someone else's thrall, and having her mind enslaved again. As such, mind effects are usually seen as such. She is likely to react to a detect evil or a beneficial effect with a little shudder while a stronger mind effect (Dominate for instance) will provoke unbridled wrath (once she learns Ironheart Surge as well) and possibly the gory death of the offender as she doesn't stop hacking away at him or her until its a pile of meat and bone.
1) Describe your first encounter with a nonhuman monster. (Not counting player races, animals, etc that you grew up with, but feel free to mention them too)
2) If you are a spellcaster, describe your first experience with using magic. What were the circumstances? Were you expecting it?
3) If you have an animal companion or familiar, describe how you acquired it. Describe this ally's personality, and its attitude towards you. (Loyal unto death, mischievous, lazy, etc)
4) If you have any unusual possessions, describe how you acquired them. Is their value practical, monetary, sentimental or some combination of these?
5) Please describe your characters general background, this may be any length you wish, but at least one paragraph. You may use any or all of the information above, or new information not covered. (Encouraged)
Pick one? Pick any? She's spent the last ten years of her life in the Underdark. Her first encounter with a Monster was via someone she refers to as “Her first husband from an arranged marriage.” who turned out to be a vampire lord. It was not by her hand that he died, rather it was from the combined efforts of a powerful adventuring cadre. Freed of his control, she became somewhat the ship without a rudder just as the rest of the harem did.
She is no spellcaster, but has no problem with them at all. There was, of course, some amongst her Circle, who were quick to boost her combat potential even as they threw their magic missles or what have you.
Her unusual possession consist of a black-blade scythe given to her by her former master and lover. It is made of black steel with a handle of carved and connected bone and wrapped in leather. She also possesses a locket with two pictures inside…she has no idea who they are, yet can not bear to part with it.