|Mane/Fur:||Platinum Blonde/Burnished Gold|
|Class:||Cleric 3/Fighter 2|
|Hit Points:||54/54 (64 when using Divine Vigor)|
|Played by Gideon Kalve Jarvis|
- Abilities & Skills
- Feats, Class, and Racial Abilities
Tall, blonde, and handsome in an honest, open sort of way, Sam might even be called beautiful, in his own, masculine sense of the word. This tall, well-built equitra stallion carries himself with a sense of being completely at-ease with the world around him, his blue eyes seeming to weigh everything before him in the balance, and on the whole liking what he sees, with only a few exceptions.
Temp Mod Used to track Magic Item bonuses etc
|Total||Base 10 + Armor 9 + Dexterity 1 = 20 (24 when using Balance Domain power, lasts 3 rounds)|
|+4||+1 Dex/+5 Str (+1 w. scythe)||+5/+9 (+10 w. scythe)|
|+1 Dex = +1|
|Skills||Ranks||Stat Bonus||Synergy||Other Bonuses||Total|
|C||Decipher Script (Int)||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0|
|C||Disable Device (Int)||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0|
|C||Escape Artist (Dex)||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0|
|C||Gather Information (Cha)||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0|
|x||Handle Animal (Cha)||+2||+2||+0||+0||+4|
|x||Knowledge (Stuff) (Int)||+7||+0||+0||+0||+7|
|C||Move Silently (Dex)||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0|
|C||Open Lock (Dex)||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0|
|C||Sense Motive (Wis)||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0|
|C||Sleight of Hand (Dex)||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0|
|C||Speak Language (n/a)||+0||+1||+0||+0||+1|
|C||Use Magic Device (Cha)||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0|
|C||Use Rope (Dex)||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0|
Where C is Cross Class and X is a Class Skill
Current Skill Point Total: 14
1st level Skill Points: 8
Skill Points/Level (Cleric or Fighter): 2
Knowledge: Religion, Planes, Dungeoneering
Languages: Common, Runnertongue, Carnivon.
Level 1 - Power Attack
War Domain: Martial Weapon Proficiency (Scythe)
War Domain: Weapon Focus (Scythe) - +1 to attack with chosen weapon.
Level 3 - Divine Vigor - +2 hp/level for 2 minutes
Great Cleave (Fighter)
Weapon Specialization (Fighter 4th)
Improved Critical (BAB +8, Fighter)
Spurn Death's Touch
Worships the Morrigan
- Balance Domain: Once per day, as a free action, Sam can add his Wisdom modifier to his Armor Class. This bonus lasts for one round per cleric level.
- War Domain: Free Martial Weapon Proficiency and Weapon Focus feat with the scythe.
- Armor Training (Ex): Starting at 3rd level, a fighter learns to be more maneuverable while wearing armor. Whenever he is wearing armor, he reduces the armor check penalty by 1 (to a minimum of 0) and increases the maximum Dexterity bonus allowed by his armor by 1. Every four levels thereafter (7th, 11th, and 15th), these bonuses increase by +1 each time, to a maximum –4 reduction of the armor check penalty and a +4 increase of the maximum Dexterity bonus allowed.
- Turn Undead: Can turn undead 5/day (3 + Charisma modifier) against any undead within 60' as a standard action. Gets +2 on turn checks with Knowledge: Relgion 5 or better. The turning check is 1d20 + Charisma Modifier (1d20+2), with results checked on the table below. If the undead can be affected, then Sam rolls 2d6 + cleric level + Charisma modifier for the number of HD of undead that can be turned. Turned undead flee for 10 rounds (1 minute) or cower (+2 to attacks against them, unable to act), provided that Sam stays 10' away from them. If Sam has twice as many levels or more as an undead has hit dice, then he destroys them instead of turning them.
|Turning Check Result||Most Powerful Undead Affected (Max HD)|
|0 or lower||Cleric’s level -4|
|1—3||Cleric’s level -3|
|4—6||Cleric’s level -2|
|7—9||Cleric’s level -1|
|13—15||Cleric’s level +1|
|16—18||Cleric’s level +2|
|19—21||Cleric’s level +3|
|22 or higher||Cleric’s level +4|
- +2 Str, +2 Con, -2 Dex
- 30' Movement
- Dominating Personality: +2 to Concentration and Intimidation checks.
- Powerful Build: Whenever anyone with this trait is subjected to an opposed check based on size modifiers (such as bull rushes, grapple checks, and trip attempts), they count as one size larger if doing so is advantageous. In addition, characters with this trait count as one size larger to determine how different special abilities affect them (such as improved grab or swallow whole). However, characters with this Feat count as their normal racial size for determining space and reach. The abilities of this Feat stack with powers, abilities, and spells that affect size category.
- Tireless: Large ungulates gain a +4 bonus on the following checks and saves: Swim checks made to resist nonlethal damage, Constitution checks made to continue running, Constitution checks made to avoid nonlethal damage from a forced march, Constitution checks made to hold their breath, Constitution checks made to avoid nonlethal damage from starvation or thirst, Fortitude saves made to avoid nonlethal damage from hot or cold environments, and Fortitude saves made to resist damage from suffocation. Also, large ungulates may sleep in light or medium armor without becoming fatigued. This stacks with the Endurance feat, which also allows large ungulates to sleep in heavy armor without becoming fatigued.
- Low-light Vision.
+1 Wisdom at 4th level
+2 Constitution with 40 REP
|Weapon||Attack Bonus||Damage||Crit||Damage Type|
|Heavy Crossbow||+5||1d10||19-20/x2||P||120 ft. Range|
|Armour / Shield||Armour/Shield Bonus||Max Dex||Armour Check||Arcane Spell Failure||Movement Speed||Weight|
|Full Plate Mail +1||+9||+1||-6||35%||20 ft||50 lbs|
|Head||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Face||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Neck||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Shoulders||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Torso||Full Plate Mail +1||Brief item description|
|Arms||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Hands||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Right Ring||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Left Ring||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Waist||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Feet||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Pack||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
List and Stats of Items:
Backpack (2 gp, 2 lbs.); Bedroll (1 sp, 5 lbs.); scrollcase (1 gp, 1/2 lb.); Flint and Steel (1 gp); beltpouch (1 gp, 1/2 lb.); 4 days trail rations (2 gp, 4 lbs.); 50' silk rope (10 gp, 5 lbs.); sack (1 sp, 1/2 lb.); sewing needle (5 sp); 2 waterskins (2 gp, 8 lbs.); whetstone (2 cp, 1 lb.), hooded lantern, 2 flasks oil.
Wand of Cure Light Wounds (50 charges) - 750 gp, 1d8+1 damage healed per charge.
Breastplate +1, 2,650 gp.
Spells per Day:
10+stat+Spell Level= 14 + Spell level
Spells Known (Domains):
Clarity of Mind
Word of Balance
Power Word: Blind
Protection from Spells
Power Word: Stun
Weighed in the Balance
Power Word: Kill
Once, Sam was a lieutenant in the army of the Overlord of Darklund, and a devoted servant to the Bitch of Battle, the Morrigan, always in search of another opportunity to cause and/or take part in another outbreak of battle, enjoying the spoils of war to the fullest, and revelling in the freedom of raw chaos and contention. But then, one day, Sam took a good, long look at what he was doing, and realized that, for everything that he had acquired and accomplished he didn't like himself. This was a shocking realization to Sam, and he immediately deserted from the Overlord's army, and established a small ranch in the rural area around Avalon City, to get away from his past and start fresh. Presently, he lives a relatively peaceful, quiet life, using his time and efforts to work with troubled youths from Avalon City on his ranch, giving them a chance to heal and recuperate, and in general aiding people who wade in and out of conflicts, so that they can recover, and be ready for the next one. However, his soul still belongs to the Morrigan, and try as he might, Sam knows in his heart that the Bitch of Battle will draw him back into actively joining the conflicts of Therafim himself.
1) Describe yourself as someone meeting you for the first time would see you. (Race?, Gender?, Age?, Size? Coloration? Attractiveness?, Dress? Do you try to emphasize or hide any of these features?)
2) What other details would someone notice on a closer look? (Distinguishing marks, birthmarks, scars, ect?)
3) Do you have a distinctive way of speaking or any other mannerisms or memorable behaviour?
Tall, blonde, and handsome in an honest, open sort of way, Sam might even be called beautiful in his own, masculine sense of the word. This tall, well-built, twentysomething equitra stallion carries himself with a sense of being completely at-ease with the world around him, his blue eyes seeming to weigh everything before him in the balance, and on the whole liking what he sees, with only a few exceptions. He prefers to wear the basics, generally sticking to a pair of simple faded blue overalls that cling snugly to his nicely-muscled frame, though he has been known to don full armor, obviously an antique set of full plate, when the need arises.
Perhaps most notable about Sam Dray's body is his total and complete lack of scarring or any other blemish. His body is honestly perfect, and incredibly easy on the eyes. It is obvious to even a casual observer that this blue-eyed hottie holds his body's sculpting to be of the utmost importance.
Sam speaks in a slow, thought-out drawl most of the time. It is actually fairly relaxing just listening to him. Despite this, however, when he is under great stress, this easygoing accent tends to slip, being replaced by a far more militaristic style of speech.
B: Birth and Family
1) Where and when were you born? (Also good to include: Do you know your exact birthdate? Did anything unusual (storms, accidents, deaths, ect?) happen about the same time, with which some people might still associate your birthdate?)
2) Who are your parents? (Names, Occupations, Social class, Were they married?, Are they still alive? are all good things to include)
3) Do you have any siblings? (If so, it would be good to describe them as you did your parents above.)
4) Do you know any members of your extended family? (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins? Also would be good to describe them as above)
5) How did you get along with your family?
It was a little over seventy years ago when Sam Dray was first born (see below for more on how he is still so young-looking). His was a fairly typical birth to a poor farming family of equitra on the border between Darkland and Brightland on the Isle of the Mighty. The most notable feature about Sam's birth was that he managed to survive to adulthood. This was an immense rarity in such a wartorn part of the world, with constant battles claiming the lives of both his parents and, eventually, all his siblings. This was a great loss to Sam, who grew up loving his family deeply as the only people he felt he could trust in an otherwise hostile world. Because of the strife of the land in which he was born and raised, Sam is quite alone in the world, though he does have some distant cousins living on Crescent. The most notable of Sam's relatives is the red-furred Broadback Thunderhoof, lead stallion of a tribe of nomadic equitra known for their tendency to raid extensively. Broadback is thirty years Sam's junior, placing the blood-furred male in his mid-forties.
C: Education and Work
1) Did you serve an apprenticeship in order to learn your current profession/class? For how long?
2) If you were not an apprentice, how did you learn your trade/skills/ect? Formal schooling? Informal Teachers? Self-Taught?
3) Who was your master or teacher? (Race? Gender? Appearance? Personality?) Is he/she still alive? How were you treated? Are/Were you on good terms with your master?
4) Did your teacher have any other apprentices or students? Who were they? Did you get along?
5) Due to the rarity of literacy in this setting, how important are books, writings, letters, ect. to your character? Regardless as to whether or not he/she can read?
6) Do you have a job other than "adventurer"? Who do you work for? How much of your time does this require?
It was on Sam's sixteenth birthday that he was first called by the Morrigan. In those days he had a bright red mane and tail (as well as pubic fur of a similar color), and his now-golden fur was a slightly darker bronze in color. Darker in heart as well as coloration, Sam watched his mother die, caught by a stray arrow as the armies of Brightland and Darkland clashed right on his farm's remaining arable land, trampling its crops into the mud.
Filled with the power of conflict, his mind suddenly grasping enlightenment through this harshest of all teachers, Sam took up his scythe, and waited and watched. Not long after this conflict, an elven scout came through the ruined farmland, fleeing from Darklander troops. Sam easily subdued her, and then brought this elf woman back to the Darklanders in exchange for a reward. This reward was to be given this elf as his first slave, and also a minor officer's rank in the Darkland forces by the annis hag and cleric of the Morrigan's darker aspects Lamarcha Spindlebone. Hag Spindlebone soon became Sam's commanding officer and mentor, and who also gave him the new name Stallion Valmoris, to better distance him from his past life of simple farming.
For years, Stallion did battle with Lamarcha's enemies, soon becoming her most trusted general. But hags live close to forever, while equitra are mere mortals, and eventually Stallion grew old and tired, and was quietly shunted aside into a minor position of leadership, well away from the front lines, to finally just . This was more than could be said for any of his peers and similar apprentices of the hag Spindlebone, all of whom met grisly fates of one sort or another over the course of Sam's many decades of service. It was during this time of retirement and contemplation that Stallion looked back over the course of his life and began to question himself. Certainly his harem was a fine way to pass the time, and he was finally able to spend his time in quiet contemplation and study, but this last part only seemed to compound the problem, as Stallion came more and more to the conclusion that he had wasted his life in the pursuit of conflict's evil half.
Never one to balk from further conflict, Stallion laid his wicked ways aside, freed his slaves, and, even while approaching his eighties, set out towards Brightland. There he met with the priests of the Morrigan who served in Brightland's holiest warrior orders, and pled with them for aid in purifying himself of his vile taint of years of service to darkness. They saw only a single option for General Valmoris: to forsake all his former ways, and fling himself into the Light Forge, a great mystical artifact to be found beneath the Giant's Stair. In the Light Forge, all things could be remade, and the corrupt could be purged of evil. Despite his advancing years, the still-strong Stallion Valmoris took on this quest, even knowing that he could die before acheiving redemption, and passed through many terrible trials. But though the process nearly killed him, and he had to face challenges far beyond any he had ever known before, in the end he found the Light Forge, and threw himself straight into its burning heart.
It was Sam Dray that climbed out of the searing, purifying fires of the Light Forge, General Stallion Valmoris burned away, along with all the many years of wickedness and also his former appearance. Sam was now the age where he had first turned to the darkness, just shy of sixteen, with his whole life ahead of him, and a new body with fur like well-polished gold and eyes the blue of sapphires or the bright sky above. Lost also was most of his life's experience and the details of his past memories. He was able to recall enough to know what to avoid, but much of his past was still quite hazy, though it has been returning as he grows in experience and ability in his new life.
With his new lease on life, Sam has decided not to squander it with more mistakes. Instead, he has decided to turn his attention to quelling and healing the effects of conflict, rather than to foment it. So, taking up the second half of the wheel of conflict and renewal, Sam left behind the Isle of the Mighty, and moved to a new land where he would not be known, there to set up a small ranch and settle into a more quiet sort of heroism. He still finds himself drawn into strange conflicts, and sometimes takes up the mantle of adventure, but for the most part Sam is content to live his peaceful life, tending to the needs of his farm and his animals, and helping others whenever and wherever he can.
1) Who were your friends as a child? As an adolescent? As an adult?
2) How many of these people are still alive? How many are you still friends with?
3) Who is/was your best friend? What is the most memorable thing that the two of you ever did together?
4) What do you look for in a friend?
5) Have you ever been in love? Was it reciprocated? Do you have (or have you had) a boy-/girlfriend, a lover, or a spouse? More than one? Are you looking for one? What do you look for in a romantic partner?
Most of Sam's old friends and acquaintances from his former life as General Valmoris are quite old themselves. The elven woman Lucara Greentree was his first slave, and in time his first true lover as she grew attached to him, and soon became his most trusted spy and personal bodyguard. After he freed her, she returned to her people among the elves of Brightland, and then began a long pilgrimage to find herself. Presently her exact whereabouts are unknown, but she is a high-level scout, and wherever she is, she is certainly one of the most dangerous beings in whatever power games are being played. Lucara is still very much in love with Sam, but they are both uncertain about their feelings for each other, not knowing if their relationship will hurt or help them both, and so they have maintained distance over the years.
Other friends and acquaintances that Sam developed during his time as Stallion Valmoris include the hag and cleric of the Morrigan Lamarcha Spindlebone, who is still quietly fond of Sam and would happily take him back under her wing if he ever turned back to his old ways. Racha Greytail is a gnoll chieftess in Lamarcha's service who also has a deep lust for Sam, and still takes some time to hunt down where the stallion went after his defection to Brightland; she still hasn't decided if she intends to seduce him, to rape him, or to eat him, but there is a strong chance that it will end up a combination of the three, knowing Racha's chaotic nature. Finally, Sam is still reasonably good friends with Freegiger Piston, a warforged that took over Sam's military command when he retired from active duty. Freegiger was also one of Stallion's occasional male lovers, as Sam's former self taught the metal man the ways of emotions, and the pleasures that could come with them, thanks in no small part to a few magical attachments for the warforged male's formerly sexless body.
Presently, Sam has several friends and lovers, many of them other adventurers. His farm is a safe haven for a great many people, a place of tranquility and healing for all who come in peace. Player Characters who spend time at Sam's farm will be left out of this listing for sake of convenience and privacy. However, others tied to Sam Dray include Flit, a quick and clever and more than a little hyper foxkin who was once a cabin boy on a pirate vessel, but who now spends time at Sam's farm as a regular occupant; Morgan, a blue-furred half-fey equitra teenager who was part of a local gang in Avalon City, but who Sam helped to turn around with time on the farm; and Denton, another foxkin, this one also a former member of Morgan's old gang who showed a knack for animal handling, especially training dogs. While not a friend, Sam is also acquainted with Threetails, a foxkin vixen with a great deal of power, both political, monetary, and magical. Threetails is an enigmatic figure, and very dangerous to approach, but one who is also known for being able to find solutions to almost any problem that others might have, provided they are willing to pay the price for her help. In Sam's case, she helped him to set up his ranch, but this has left him rather deeply in her debt. Normally this isn't a problem, as Threetails tends to be fairly easygoing in matters of payment, but she does accasionally extract favors from Sam.
Easygoing as he is, and also being a typical stallion, Sam is pretty easy to get along with, and also pretty easy to get into bed, with either sex. Actually, he finds that this is an excellent way for him to make friends, and also for him to discover how compatible he is with others in terms of personality as well as for sake of pleasure-seeking. Sam's true friends are those who are willing to give as much as he is to a relationship, no more and no less; he is a firm believer in being "equally yoked" with anybody with whom he has a relationship of any sort, and doesn't tend to last long with those who try to do more or less than he will for any given relationship.
E: Attitudes and Beliefs
1) What are your beliefs about religion and the afterlife? Do you follow any particular god or gods? What appeals to you most about this religion? Least?
2) Where do spirits of nature, the elements and the dead fit into these beliefs?
3) What gods, religions, or priesthoods will you have nothing to do with?
4) What is your moral code? Under what conditions will you kill? Steal? Lie? Do you have a personal code of behavior about violence? Magic? Sex? Dealing with Evil Beings?
5) How committed are you to seeing through something (a task, quest, bargain, ect) that you have started?
6) How important are the following to you?: Power, Wealth, Fame, Honor, Family, Friends, Love, Knowledge, Religion, Your job? To what lengths would you go to aquire or preserve these things?
7) How often do you remember your dreams? How much attention do you pay to them? Do they inspire you? Guide you? Inspire You? Warn you? Frighten You?
8) What is your attitude towards magic? People who use it? Fearsome monsters? The unknown in general?
As a cleric of the Morrigan, Sam is quite devoted to his divine mistress, the gorecrow of conflict. He has seen both sides of her nature in intimate detail, both as killer and as healer, and still takes part in both sides of this dichotomy. He understands that the Morrigan is an agent of balance, and accepts both sides of this dual-natured deity. What appeals to him most about the Morrigan, however, is her devotion to strengthening others, helping them to grow powerful through the eternal principle of conflict, which Sam has learned through much hard experience is the only way to overcome one's weaknesses and become a stronger being, body and soul.
While devoted to the Morrigan first and foremost, Sam also understands that, aside from the forbidden gods, the deities of Therafim are one big family, all of them tied together somehow. If he weren't one of the Morrigan's own, Sam would probably worship Matra instead, having a strong liking for the mother of life and nature, as well as for the spirits of the world. He believes that he will eventually go to the land of eternal battle, Ysgard, where the good-aligned faithful of the Morrigan dwell, there to take part in its endless battles, as well as the battles with the Morrigan's followers who go to Acheron on their deaths, and to find eternal advancement in the conflicts that come in the eternities.
Besides the endless cycles of conflict and recovery, Sam's philosophy is very simple and relaxed. He has no especial moral issues against most sorts of behavior, as long as they are intended to build up others, rather than to break them down. Even breaking down, however, is acceptable, so long as it will lead to a still greater growth later on, as part of the principles of conflict and recovery. Because of his honest nature, though, Sam prefers to avoid lying whenever possible - if he wants something, even if he just takes it, he tries to be upfront about his behavior. This same laid-back attitude applies to almost everything that Sam does, though he is surprisingly tenacious about getting what he wants, tending to creep up on his goals as he is ready to tackle them, taking his time in their pursuit, but never really giving them up until he has them. For Sam, since he doesn't have any close family still alive, the most important thing of all is his friends. The gods can handle their own problems, or make their own clarifications to others, though he is perfectly willing to kill in the name of the Morrigan if there is a need for it, or for the sake of his friends if it will save their lives.
Violence, in Sam's worldview, is just a part of the natural cycle of conflict that sets the standard for the world and the entire universe. There is no point in trying to avoid conflict, and regularly the best way to approach a problem, in Sam's view, is straight through the middle. Divine-based magic is simply a part of the natural world to Sam, though he tends to be a little suspicious of arcane magic, since it can easily be misued for ends outside of the will of the gods or nature. As long as its practitioners don't abuse their power, however, Sam doesn't have any serious issues with magic, seeing it as just another tool. Dreams are, to Sam's view, how the gods communicate with others, but can also be a source of renewal, and also a potential weak spot through which malicious entities can try to confuse and mislead the unwary. Thus, Sam regards dreams as a conduit to the divine, but also one that must be carefully watched, to prevent its abuse. He dreams regularly, and tends to remember his dreams in detail.
F: Edges and Flaws
1) What are you especially good at? What sets you apart from the rest of the world? A skill? An unusual knack? A certain flair of style or wit?
2) What flaws do you have? Bad habits? Obsessions? Terrible (or embarassing) secrets?
3) Do you have any enemies? How much trouble do those conflicts cause you?
Sam is an excellent diplomat, his calm and easygoing nature making it supremely easy to get along with him, and also making it easy for people to open up and share their secrets. He knows this, and does not easily betray the trust that this places in him, which further inspires more trust. Animals as well as people seem to understand that Sam is not a threat to them as long as they are not a threat to him, and so he tends to be at peace with others, except those with unquenchable malice in their hearst.
If Sam has a bad habit, it is that he has little shame when it comes to sex. He enjoys having sex, and really enjoys the products of mating, namely, children. Sam has quite a few children from various encounters through his life, and while most of them have moved on, he still maintains close ties with as many as he possibly can. His most terrible secret is his old life as a general of Darkland, but he does not keep it too terribly secret. He just doesn't talk about it, except with his close friends. Thankfully, though, aside from a few friends who are enemies at the same time, Sam is blessedly free of people who actively hate him.
G: Likes and Dislikes
1) What do you love? (People? Places? Creatures? Kinds of Food? Activities? Subjects?)
2) What do you hate? How do you typically react to these hated things?
3) What do you fear? What is your worst nightmare?
Unless given a reason to feel differently, Sam loves just about everybody and everything. He is gentle by nature, though able to demonstrate immense capacity for violence if it means protecting others in some fashion, and he is astonishingly brave. He hates cruelty, especially to those that can't defend themselves, such as animals, against the machinations of others. For this reason he also finds slavery distasteful, and does not generally take or keep them, or approve of others having them. Sam is afraid only of his friends being harmed in some way, and will do anything he can to help others that he has grown to trust and to love, no matter what sacrifices that it might require. His worst possible nightmare is to be alone, forever. He cannot abide this thought, and will do anything to keep people around him if there is a danger of it happening.
1) Describe your first encounter with a nonhuman monster. (Not counting player races, animals, ect that you grew up with, but feel free to mention them too)
2) If you are a spellcaster, describe your first experience with using magic. What were the circumstances? Were you expecting it?
3) If you have an animal companion or familiar, describe how you aquired it. Describe this ally's personality, and its attitude towards you. (Loyal unto death, mischievous, lazy, ect)
4) If you have any unusual possessions, describe how you aquired them. Is their value practical, monetary, sentimental or some combonation of these?
5) Please describe your characters general background, this may be any length you wish, but at least one paragraph. You may use any or all of the information above, or new information not covered. (Encouraged)
Sam's first encounters with monsters was watching them pass from both sides of the conflicts between Darkland and Brightland as they went through his family's struggling farm. Monsters, to Sam, eventually became no more disturbing than soldiers, and hold no special terror for him.
The Morrigan inspired Sam to begin his path of war and conflict, and he was guided in his choices by Hag Spindlebone. He first called down the Morrigan's power to heal himself with a simple orizon after he had taken an arrow wound in his femoral artery, allowing him to slowly crawl away from the final conflict on his family's farmland that trampled it into useless mud for the last time. It was the rush of adrenaline and raw lust that came with exerting this magical force that helped Sam make his decision of what to do with the elven scout, Lucara Greentree, handing her over to the side that seemed to offer the most opportunity for proactive violence, rather than the more passive defense-minded nature of Brightland. It was not until much later that Sam realized the dual nature of the Morrigan, making her more than just a battle goddess.
One of Sam's most prized possessions is Ebony, a strong and virile stallion given to him by Inara (Ziyanani's character). This presently pampered former warhorse of very high quality and pedigree has made it possible for Sam to start a proper breeding program on his ranch without paying exorbitant stud fees, while still producing high-grade stock.