For Review, Not Approved
"I come in the name of the Brawler, and no evil shall stand against me!"
—Tarrana, sanctified one of Kord
(Complete Champion p. 99)
Among the many roles that deities fill in the world, the role of patron is among the most important. Every deity has its own portfolio and its own agenda, and each rewards faithful service differently.
A sanctified one epitomizes the ideals of her own specific deity. Although any deity can sponsor a sanctified one, these holy servants most often serve deities who lack any other obvious champions. Few serve deities who attract mostly lawful good worshipers, for example, since paladins typically function as the champions of such faiths. Sanctified ones, on the other hand, fill the role of champion for churches without other obvious choices – four examples detailed here are for Ehlonna, Kord, Olidammara, and Wee Jas.
Unlike members of most other divine prestige classes, sanctified ones often come from backgrounds other than clerical. A sanctified one might have been a wizard, a rogue, or a fighter before becoming a champion of her religion.
To become a sanctified one, a character must be of the same alignment as her deity - a restriction even more stringent than those governing clerics and paladins. Furthermore, a deity who favors a particular character class most often draws its sanctified ones from that class.
- Base Attack Bonus: +5
- Alignment: Must match that of deity chosen
- Skill: Knowledge (religion) 6 ranks
- Special: Must complete a sanctification ritual performed by a priest or other authority of the chosen deity's church
Class Skills: Concentration, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Knowledge, Perform, Sense Motive
Skill Points: 2 + Int.
Hit Die: d8
|1||+0||+2||+2||+2||Additional class skills, sanctified ability||-|
|2||+1||+3||+3||+3||-||+1 of Existing Spellcasting Class|
|4||+3||+4||+4||+4||-||+1 of Existing Spellcasting Class|
|5||+3||+4||+4||+4||Sanctified blessing, sanctified ability||-|
As a sanctified one, you gain class features that build upon strengths valued by your deity.
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: If you are not already proficient with the chosen weapon of your deity, you gain that proficiency now. You gain no other armor or weapon proficiencies.
Upon becoming a sanctified one, you gain two additional secondary skills specified for your deity.
Sanctified Ability I – III
You can choose three sanctified abilities corresponding to your deity from the following lists. If a sanctified ability is followed by an asterisk (*), you can select it as many times as you wish. Each time you choose it, the number of times per day that you can use that ability increases by one.
As a sanctified one of Ehlonna, you gain abilities relating to light, life, and nature.
- Light of Life* (Su): Once per day as a standard action, you can call upon Ehlonna's light to create a consecrated area. This effect works like the consecrate spell, except that the effect is mobile and centered upon you. In addition, you are treated as an altar of Ehlonna for the purpose of determining the bonuses granted. This effect lasts for 10 minutes.
- Nature's Bounty (Sp): Once per day, you can use heroes' feast (caster level equals 6 + your sanctified one level). Instead of producing tables and chairs, however, this ability produces blankets and pallets more suited to an outdoor setting.
- Nature's Holding (Sp): Once per day, by touching a plant or a natural earth or stone surface, you create an opening to an extradimensional space similar to that created by a rope trick spell. When you and your allies enter this space and close the "door, " no, evidence of the opening exists on the outside. The space remains for 12 hours or until the last creature exits, whichever comes first.
- Summon Nature's Mount* (Sp): Once per day as a swift action, you can summon either a unicorn or a griffon (your choice) to serve as your mount. For each sanctified one level you possess, the creature gains 2 Hit Dice and a +2 sacred bonus to its AC. The mount is immune to fear effects, and it remains I for 1 hour or until slain. You gain a +5 bonus on Ride checks while riding this creature.
As a sanctified one of Kord, you gain abilities relating to strength and chaos.
- Chaos Warp* (Su): Once per day, you can completely ignore all damage from one critical hit scored against you, as well as any effects relating to it.
- Holy Fire (Su): Whenever you cast a spell with the fire subtype, you can choose to change all the fire damage it deals into raw divine damage that is treated as good-aligned for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction. This choice must be made at the time of casting.
- Luck of Battle* (Ex): Once per day, you can choose to roll twice for any roll normally requiring 1d20 and use the higher of the two results.
- Sanctified Strength* (Su): Once per day, you can apply twice your sanctified one level as a sacred bonus to your Strength for 1 round.
As a sanctified one of Olidammara, you gain abilities relating to luck and stealth.
- Chaos Luck* (Su): Once per day as an immediate action, you can grant yourself and each of your allies within 30 feet the evasion ability for 1 round. Any recipient of this benefit who already has evasion gains improved evasion instead. Any recipient who already has improved evasion gains no further benefit.
- Good Catch (Ex): Whenever you make a Disable Device check, you can choose to roll a second time before learning the result of your check. If you do so, you must use the result of your second attempt.
- Not in the Face* (Ex): Once per day as an immediate action, you can apply your base Reflex save as a bonus to your Armor Class for 1 minute. Whenever you are denied your Dexterity bonus, you lose this bonus as well.
- Rogues' Blessing (Su): If you have the sneak attack ability, you gain an extra 1d8 points of sneak attack damage for every two sanctified one levels you possess.
As a sanctified one of Wee Jas, you gain abilities relating to Death, Law, and spellcasting.
- Armor of Secrets (Su): If you have an armor bonus (permanent or temporary), it increases by an amount equal to your Sanctified One’s level.l. If you have no armor bonus, you can increase your shield bonus instead. If you have neither, you gain no benefit.
- Death's Cloak* (Su): Once per day as a swift action, you can render yourself immune to poison, magic sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, and death effects for 1 minute.
- Sanctified Fall (su): If you are reduced to -1 or fewer hit points, or even killed outright by a death effect, you can use an immediate action to either cast a spell or make a single attack. For this action only, you can increase your either your effective caster level or your bonus on attack rolls (your decision) by an amount equal to your sanctified one level.
- Sanctified Spell* (Ex): Once per day, you can increase your effective caster level by an amount equal to your Intelligence bonus (if any) for 1 round.
You receive a sanctified blessing based on your deity's powers and portfolio, as given on the following list:
- Ehlonna: Fast Healing (Su): Once per day as an immediate action, you I can gain fast healing 5, which lasts for 10 rounds.
- Kord: Blessing of Kord (Su): At dawn every day, you can choose one of the following blessings of Kord, which lasts for 24 hours: +2 bonus to Strength, +2 luck bonus on all saves, or +10' bonus to speed. You cannot change this blessing until the next day.
- Olidammara: Fast Talk (Sp): Once per combat encounter, you can make a Diplomacy check as an immediate action to prevent an enemy within 10 feet from attacking you. The foe must be attempting an attack against you at the time you use this ability. If your Diplomacy check result exceeds your opponent's Sense Motive check result by at least 1 for every 3 points of base attack bonus the enemy character possesses, he decides not to attack you (or anyone else) this round. In subsequent rounds, he attacks you only if you attack him first or are the only opponent within sight. If your Diplomacy check fails, the opponent attacks normally, and you cannot use this ability again during this combat encounter.
- Wee Jas: Ruby Spell (Sp): Choose a spell that you can cast from the highest level to which you have access. You can now use this spell as a spell-like ability once per day (using no ability points). Doing so requires no material components, unless those components have a gold piece cost equal to 100 gp or more. You can also still cast this spell normally as part of your normal spell repertoire. Each time you gain a new spellcasting level, you can either retain this spell as a spell-like ability or choose a different one from the highest level you can cast.
*note- Gods will need to be adjusted to match Therafim setting. Ie-Arca is effectively identical to Kord.