|Class:||Psion (Nomad) 10|
|Played by Ibis|
- Abilities & Skills
- Feats & Class Abilities
- Questionnaire and Background
|Ability||Score||Mod||Temp Score||Temp Mod|
Temp Mod Used to track Magic Item bonuses etc
|Total||Base 10 + Dexterity = 16|
|Dex = +6|
|Skills||Ranks||Stat Bonus||Synergy||Magical Bonuses||Total|
|C||Decipher Script (Int)||+0||+5||+0||+2||+7|
|C||Disable Device (Int)||+0||+5||+0||+2||+7|
|C||Escape Artist (Dex)||+0||+4||+0||+2||+6|
|C||Gather Information (Cha)||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0|
|C||Handle Animal (Cha)||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0|
|C||Move Silently (Dex)||+0||+4||+0||+0||+4|
|C||Open Lock (Dex)||+0||+4||+0||+0||+4|
|C||Sense Motive (Wis)||+0||+2||+0||+0||+2|
|C||Sleight of Hand (Dex)||+0||+4||+0||+2||+6|
|C||Speak Language (n/a)||+0||+0||+0||+0||+0|
|C||Use Magic Device (Cha)||+0||+0||+0||+0||+5|
|C||Use Rope (Dex)||+0||+4||+0||+2||+6|
Where C is Cross Class and X is a Class Skill
Languages Known: Common, Literacy, Sylvan, Giant, Draconic, Trade Tongue
Skill Tricks go here
Knowledge: Psionics, Arcane, The planes
Skill Point Total: Total Here
1st 32, 2-10th 9
1st: Psionic Body
Bonus: Psicrystal Affinity
3rd: Expanded Knowledge (Dimension Hop)
Bonus: Psionic Meditation
6th: Discipline Focus: Psychoportation
9th: Psionic Endowment
Bonus: Expanded Knowledge (Freedom of Movement, Psionic)
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Psions are proficient with the club, dagger, heavy crossbow, light crossbow, quarterstaff, and shortspear. They are not proficient with any type of armor or shield. Armor does not, however, interfere with the manifestation of powers.
Power Points/Day: A psion’s ability to manifest powers is limited by the power points he has available. His base daily allotment of power points is given on the above table. In addition, he receives bonus power points per day if he has a high Intelligence score, see Bonus Power Points. His race may also provide bonus power points per day, as may certain feats and items.
Discipline: Every psion must decide at 1st level which psionic discipline he will specialize in. Choosing a discipline provides a psion with access to the class skills associated with that discipline (see above), as well as the powers restricted to that discipline. However, choosing a discipline also means that the psion cannot learn powers that are restricted to other disciplines. He can’t even use such powers by employing psionic items.
Powers Known: A psion begins play knowing three psion powers of your choice. Each time he achieves a new level, he unlocks the knowledge of new powers.
Choose the powers known from the psion power list, or from the list of powers of your chosen discipline. You cannot choose powers from disciplines restricted discipline lists other than your chosen discipline lists. You can choose powers from disciplines other than your own if they are not on a restricted discipline list. (Exception: The feat Expanded Knowledge allows a psion to learn powers from the lists of other disciplines or even other classes.) A psion can manifest any power that has a power point cost equal to or lower than his manifester level.
The number of times a psion can manifest powers in a day is limited only by his daily power points.
A psion simply knows his powers; they are ingrained in his mind. He does not need to prepare them (in the way that some spellcasters prepare their spells), though he must get a good night’s sleep each day to regain all his spent power points.
The Difficulty Class for saving throws against psion powers is 10 + the power’s level + the psion’s Intelligence modifier.
Maximum Power Level Known: A psion begins play with the ability to learn 1st-level powers. As he attains higher levels, a psion may gain the ability to master more complex powers.
To learn or manifest a power, a psion must have an Intelligence score of at least 10 + the power’s level.
Bonus Feats: A psion gains a bonus feat at 1st level, 5th level, 10th level, 15th level, and 20th level. This feat must be a psionic feat, a metapsionic feat, or a psionic item creation feat.
These bonus feats are in addition to the feats that a character of any class gains every three levels. A psion is not limited to psionic feats, metapsionic feats, and psionic item creation feats when choosing these other feats.
Psions who take the Psicrystal Affinity feat may create psicrystals.
A psicrystal is a fragment of a psionic character’s personality, brought into physical form and a semblance of life (via the Psicrystal Affinity feat). A psicrystal appears as a crystalline construct about the size of a human hand.
Because it is an extension of its creator’s personality, a character’s psicrystal is in some ways a part of him. That’s why, for example, a psionic character can manifest a personal range power on his psicrystal even though normally he can manifest such a power only on himself.
A psicrystal is treated as a construct for the purposes of all effects that depend on its type.
A psicrystal grants special abilities to its owner, as shown on the Psicrystal Special Abilities table below. In addition, a psicrystal has a personality (being a fragment of the owner’s personality), which gives its owner a bonus on certain types of checks or saving throws, as given on the Psicrystal Personalities table below. These special abilities and bonuses apply only when the owner and the psicrystal are within 1 mile of each other.
Psicrystal abilities are based on the owner’s levels in psionic classes. Levels from other classes do not count toward the owner’s level for purposes of psicrystal abilities.
A psicrystal can speak one language of its owner’s choice (so long as it is a language the owner knows). A psicrystal can understand all other languages known by its owner, but cannot speak them. This is a supernatural ability.
* Human characters get a +2 bonus to one ability score of their choice at creation to represent their varied nature.
* Medium: Humans are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
* Normal Speed: Humans have a base speed of 30 feet.
* Bonus Feat: Humans select one extra feat at 1st level.
* Skilled: Humans gain an additional four skill points at first level, and an additional one at every level after.
* Languages: Humans begin play speaking Common. Humans with high Intelligence scores can choose any languages they want (except secret languages, such as Druidic).
|Weapon||Attack Bonus||Damage||Crit||Damage Type|
|Masterwork Dagger||+4||1d4||19/20 x2||Slashing or Piercing|
|Masterwork Light Crossbow||+8||1d8||19/20 x2||Piercing|
|Armour / Shield||Armour/Shield Bonus||Max Dex||Armour Check||Arcane Spell Failure||Movement Speed||Weight|
|Head||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Face||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Neck||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Shoulders||Cloak of Resistance +1||A fancy cloak!|
|Arms||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Hands||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Right Ring||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Left Ring||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Waist||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Feet||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Pack||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
List of Items Here:
Masterwork Dagger/ Least Crystal of Return
Masterwork Light Crossbow
Cloak of Resistance +1
30 Crossbow Bolts
6 days of Trail Rations
Headband of Intellect +4
Gloves of Dexterity +4
Headband of Intellect +2
Statistics of Items Here:
Daily Power Points: 128
10 + Power Level + Int mod =
Size/Type: Diminutive Construct (Single-minded Personality)
Hit Points: 37
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares), climb 20 ft.*
Armor Class: 19 (+4 size, +2 Dex*, +4 NA), touch 16, flat-footed 18
Base Attack/Grapple: +0/-17
Full Attack: —
Space/Reach: 1 ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: —
Special Qualities: Construct traits, hardness 8, psicrystal granted abilities
(improved evasion, personality, self-propulsion, share powers,
sighted, telepathic link)
Saves: As master’s saves
Abilities: Str 1*, Dex 15*, Con Ø, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 10
Skills: Climb +14*, Listen +6, Move Silently +6, Search +2, Spot +6
Feats: Alertness, Improved Evasion
Challenge Rating: Included with master
Alignment: Neutral Good
Level Adjustment: —
Natural Armor Adj. (Ex): This number noted here is an improvement to the psicrystal’s natural armor bonus (normally 0). It represents a psicrystal’s preternatural durability.
Intelligence Adj. (Ex): Add this value to the psicrystal’s Intelligence score. Psicrystals are as smart as people (though not necessarily as smart as smart people).
Alertness (Ex): The presence of a psicrystal sharpens its master’s senses. While a psicrystal is within arm’s reach (adjacent to or in the same square as its owner), its owner gains the Alertness feat.
Improved Evasion (Ex): If a psicrystal is subjected to an attack that normally allows a Reflex saving throw for half damage, it takes no damage if it makes a successful saving throw and half damage even if the saving throw fails.
Personality (Ex): Every psicrystal has a personality. See Psicrystal Personality, below.
Self-Propulsion (Su): As a standard action, its owner can will a psicrystal to form spidery, ectoplasmic legs that grant the psicrystal a land speed of 30 feet and a climb speed of 20 feet. The legs fade into nothingness after one day (or sooner, if the owner desires).
Share Powers (Su): At the owner’s option, he can have any power (but not any psi-like ability) he manifests on himself also affect his psicrystal. The psicrystal must be within 5 feet of him at the time of the manifestation to receive the benefit. If the power has a duration other than instantaneous, it stops affecting the psicrystal if it moves farther than 5 feet away, and will not affect the psicrystal again, even if it returns to its owner before the duration expires.
Additionally, the owner can manifest a power with a target of “You” on his psicrystal (as a touch range power) instead of on himself. The owner and psicrystal cannot share powers if the powers normally do not affect creatures of the psicrystal’s type (construct).
Sighted (Ex): Although it has no physical sensory organs, a psicrystal can telepathically sense its environment as well as a creature with normal vision and hearing. Darkness (even supernatural darkness) is irrelevant, as are areas of supernatural silence, though a psicrystal still can’t discern invisible or ethereal beings. A psicrystal’s sighted range is 40 feet.
Telepathic Link (Su): The owner has a telepathic link with his psicrystal out to a distance of up to 1 mile. The owner cannot see through the psicrystal’s senses, but the two of them can communicate telepathically as if the psicrystal were the target of a mindlink power manifested by the owner. For instance, a psicrystal placed in a distant room could relay the activities occurring in that room.
Because of the telepathic link between a psicrystal and its owner, the owner has the same connection to an item or place that the psicrystal does. For instance, if his psicrystal has seen a room, the owner can teleport into that room as if he has seen it too.
Deliver Touch Powers (Su): If the owner is 3rd level or higher, his psicrystal can deliver touch powers for him. If the owner and psicrystal are in contact at the time the owner manifests a touch power, he can designate his psicrystal as the “toucher.” The psicrystal can then deliver the touch power just as the owner could. As usual, if the owner manifests another power before the touch is delivered, the touch power dissipates.
Telepathic Speech (Ex): If the owner is 5th level or higher, the psicrystal can communicate telepathically with any creature that has a language and is within 30 feet of the psicrystal, while the psicrystal is also within 1 mile of the owner.
Flight (Su): If the owner is 9th level or higher, he can, as a standard action, will his psicrystal to fly at a speed of 50 feet (poor). The psicrystal drifts gently to the ground after one day (or sooner, if the owner desires).
1) Describe yourself as someone meeting you for the first time would see you. (Race?, Gender?, Age?, Size? Coloration? Attractiveness?, Dress? Do you try to emphasize or hide any of these features?)
Serenity is a fairly young human girl, with an interesting feature of solid green hair. She also has emerald eyes to go with her green locks. Her skin is rather fair and pale, and no matter how much sun she gets, her flesh refuses to tan.
2) What other details would someone notice on a closer look? (Distinguishing marks, birthmarks, scars, etc?)
Serenity lacks any real blemishes, but she does have a small round birthmark on her left hip.
3) Do you have a distinctive way of speaking or any other mannerisms or memorable behavior?
Serenity used to have a very distinct stutter, but she’s mostly worked past it with practice and a little bit of unorthodox therapy.
B: Birth and Family
1) Where and when were you born? (Also good to include: Do you know your exact birthdate? Did anything unusual (storms, accidents, deaths, etc?) happen about the same time, with which some people might still associate your birthdate?)
Serenity was born in the woods northwest of Avalon, some 15 and a half years ago. Serenity doesn’t know her exact birth date, and if her grandmother ever knew when it was, she never told Serenity.
2) Who are your parents? (Names, Occupations, Social class, Were they married?, Are they still alive? are all good things to include)
Serenity’s parents were named Nadiya and Hethro. From what she was told, her parents were married, though she doesn’t know for sure. Her mother was a psion, and her father was a hunter, though both were killed when she was quite young. How they died, Serenity doesn’t know. Her grandmother was not forthcoming with details.
3) Do you have any siblings? (If so, it would be good to describe them as you did your parents above.)
Serenity is an only child, as far as she knows.
4) Do you know any members of your extended family? (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins? Also would be good to describe them as above)
Serenity knew, and was raised mostly by her grandmother. As far as she knows, when her grandmother passed away, all of her family, save herself, was deceased.
5) How did you get along with your family?
At the very least, Serenity can say she got along pretty well with her grandmother. Her grandmother was fairly old, and so she had to help her grandmother out a lot with chores and getting around.
C: Education and Work
1) Did you serve an apprenticeship in order to learn your current profession/class? For how long?
For most of her life, she was simply given a basic education by her grandmother. Later on, she received formal training with her psychic powers from monks in a monastery.
2) If you were not an apprentice, how did you learn your trade/skills/ect? Formal schooling? Informal Teachers? Self-Taught?
3) Who was your master or teacher? (Race? Gender? Appearance? Personality?) Is he/she still alive? How were you treated? Are/Were you on good terms with your master?
Her grandmother was her main teacher for most of her life. Several monks of a Tashalatoran order gave her more formal training however.
4) Did your teacher have any other apprentices or students? Who were they? Did you get along?
Her grandmother taught her alone. At the monastery, she mostly practiced alone as well, but did study with a group of monks at once.
5) Due to the rarity of literacy in this setting, how important are books, writings, letters, ect. to your character? Regardless as to whether or not he/she can read?
Serenity actually considers literacy to be very important. She finds the ability to read and write to be very helpful, since she can write letters, as she did for Galen.
6) Do you have a job other than "adventurer"? Who do you work for? How much of your time does this require?
Not at this time.
1) Who were your friends as a child? As an adolescent? As an adult?
Serenity had no friends growing up, nor any friends till making her way to Avalon. There, she made friends with Galen, Abby, and Belle.
2) How many of these people are still alive? How many are you still friends with?
3) Who is/was your best friend? What is the most memorable thing that the two of you ever did together?
Her best friend was most likely her grandmother, of whom every day created a new and cherished memory, up until her death.
4) What do you look for in a friend?
Serenity looks mostly for people she can trust, who aren’t mean, and for those she can know with certainty won’t hurt her on purpse.
5) Have you ever been in love? Was it reciprocated? Do you have (or have you had) a boy-/girlfriend, a lover, or a spouse? More than one? Are you looking for one? What do you look for in a romantic partner?
Serenity has a relationship with Galen, and though they grew to be close, it wasn’t exactly love. As such, Serenity at this point in time has yet to be in love. She’s open to the idea of a relationship, but time will tell if she finds the right one.
E: Attitudes and Beliefs
1) What are your beliefs about religion and the afterlife? Do you follow any particular god or gods? What appeals to you most about this religion? Least?
There was a time when Serenity didn’t pay much attention to the afterlife or religion, but since her formal training in the monastery, she’s more or less settled upon paying tribute to Thoth. At this point in time though, she doesn’t have any overly hostile views of other deities.
2) Where do spirits of nature, the elements and the dead fit into these beliefs?
Serenity believes that all things have their place, and that everyone has a destiny that they can choose to accept or fight and ignore. Spirits of nature, the elements, and the dead all have a purpose for existing, and she feels she has no right to judge what that purpose might be. Even the undead, harmful to Matra as they might be, could serve a helpful purpose.
3) What gods, religions, or priesthoods will you have nothing to do with?
At this time, Serenity hasn’t worked out a list of any religious orders she will flat out turn down, but it would be realistic to expect her to be weary of evil gods and religions of such.
4) What is your moral code? Under what conditions will you kill? Steal? Lie? Do you have a personal code of behavior about violence? Magic? Sex? Dealing with Evil Beings?
Serenity believes in helping others when she can, while also trying not to hurt people unless she truly has to. She’s against stealing unless it’s a last resort, and while she doesn’t like lying, she’s a terrible liar as it is, with many tells. She doesn’t have any real issues with magic or even violence, except pointless violence. Evil beings are to be kept at arm’s length at best.
5) How committed are you to seeing through something (a task, quest, bargain, etc) that you have started?
Serenity will do her best to keep promises, but she doesn’t have much of a concept of true honor. She does what she says she’ll do, nothing more.
6) How important are the following to you?: Power, Wealth, Fame, Honor, Family, Friends, Love, Knowledge, Religion, Your job? To what lengths would you go to acquire or preserve these things?
Serenity has no care for power, wealth, game, honor, or most religion. She cares about the friends she has now, though she can’t care about a family’s wellbeing that has all passed on. Love would be important if it was a factor in her life. Knowledge is important if it can help her or someone she knows in some way.
7) How often do you remember your dreams? How much attention do you pay to them? Do they inspire you? Guide you? Inspire You? Warn you? Frighten You?
Serenity has severe cases of déjà vu. As such, she’s often weary of her dreams, especially the negative ones. Therefore, one could say she pays a lot of attention to her dreams, and are a major guiding factor in her life.
8) What is your attitude towards magic? People who use it? Fearsome monsters? The unknown in general?
Serenity doesn’t really care about magic. She has her psychic powers, afterall. Much more interesting to her world. Fearsome monsters are only a threat if they’re trying to hurt her or the people she cares about. The unknown isn’t exactly scary to her, though it does make her nervous, not knowing what the future held.
F: Edges and Flaws
1) What are you especially good at? What sets you apart from the rest of the world? A skill? An unusual knack? A certain flair of style or wit?
Serenity is very good at using her powers. She wasn’t so much before, her emotions having been a trigger, but now she has a much more powerful rein on her abilities. Also, many think her innocence in many areas to be a defining factor.
2) What flaws do you have? Bad habits? Obsessions? Terrible (or embarrassing) secrets?
Serenity is incredibly shy, especially in matters of her body, and sexuality. She doesn’t stutter as much anymore, but it used to be very bad.
3) Do you have any enemies? How much trouble do those conflicts cause you?
She doesn’t have any true enemies, though she does have a scorn for miniskirts.
G: Likes and Dislikes
1) What do you love? (People? Places? Creatures? Kinds of Food? Activities? Subjects?)
Serenity loves solitude, meditation, the forest, foxes, sweet breads, reading, and poetry.
2) What do you hate? How do you typically react to these hated things?
Serenity hates nymphomania, miniskirts, women who wear too much make-up, and the color red.
3) What do you fear? What is your worst nightmare?
Serenity fears hurting people by accident with her powers. It’s one of the reasons she continued to be away for such a long time, trying to learn better control.
1) Describe your first encounter with a nonhuman monster. (Not counting player races, animals, etc that you grew up with, but feel free to mention them too)
Some time ago, she encountered Kython broodlings, which Serenity found not to be pleasant one bit. She helped a ground dispatch as many of them as they possibly could, the icky outsider things!
2) If you are a spellcaster, describe your first experience with using magic. What were the circumstances? Were you expecting it?
No magic here!
3) If you have an animal companion or familiar, describe how you acquired it. Describe this ally's personality, and its attitude towards you. (Loyal unto death, mischievous, lazy, etc)
Serenity doesn’t have a companion or a familiar per say, but she does have a Psicrystal, which is more or less her pet rock. Her psicrystal, named Caedrus, is a rather single minded thinker, of whom isn’t the best conversationalist.
4) If you have any unusual possessions, describe how you acquired them. Is their value practical, monetary, sentimental or some combination of these?
Serenity carries what could possibly be the most perfectly cut emerald in the entire world, given to her by Abby as a gift. She wears it in a silver necklace, and counts it as her most prized possession.
5) Please describe your characters general background, this may be any length you wish, but at least one paragraph. You may use any or all of the information above, or new information not covered. (Encouraged)
Serenity had her parents taken from her early in her life, forcing her to be taken care of by her grandmother. In reality, Serenity did much more of the caretaking, looking after her grandmother's failing health from old age. Something of a loner, Serenity always felt different. It wasn't just her pale skin or green hair, but she suffered from chronic headaches, and often found herself unable to enjoy much of her childhood.
Around the onset of puberty, Serenity's headaches exploded into psionic ability, revealing talents that both scared her and fascinated her. When she turned 14, her grandmother died, thus leaving her truly alone in the world. She decided to leave her home, and find her way into the world.
//For more information on recent events in Serenity’s life, feel free to read: http://therafim.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=fiction&action=display&thread=179&page=1//