|Sir Olivert Windhelm of Rosslund|
|Played by Hyuuint|
|Ability||Score||Mod||Temp Score||Temp Mod|
Temp Mod Used to track Magic Item bonuses etc
|Total||Base 10 + 2 + 6 = 18|
|Dex = +2|
|Skills||Ranks||Stat Bonus||Synergy||Magical Bonuses/Armor||Total|
|Decipher Script (Int)||+0||+2||+0||+0||+2|
|Disable Device (Int)||+0||+1||+0||+0||+1|
|Escape Artist (Dex)||+0||+2||+0||-3||-1|
|Gather Information (Cha)||+0||+2||+0||+0||+2|
|X||Handle Animal (Cha)||+0||+2||+0||+0||+2|
|Move Silently (Dex)||+0||+2||+0||-3||-1|
|Open Lock (Dex)||+0||+2||+0||+0||+2|
|X||Sense Motive (Wis)||+4||+1||+0||+0||+5|
|Sleight of Hand (Dex)||+0||+2||+0||+0||+2|
|Speak Language (n/a)||+1||+1||+0||+0||+2|
|Use Magic Device (Cha)||+0||+2||+0||+0||+2|
|Use Rope (Dex)||+0||+2||+0||+0||+2|
Where C is Cross Class and X is a Class Skill
Languages Known: Common, Literate, Infernal
Skill Point Total: 20
Weapon Focus: Longsword
Aura of Good
Smite Evil 1/day
Lay on Hands (6 HP)
Human characters get a +2 bonus to one ability score of their choice at creation to represent their varied nature.
Medium: Humans are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Normal Speed: Humans have a base speed of 30 feet.
Bonus Feat: Humans select one extra feat at 1st level.
Skilled: Humans gain an additional four skill points at first level, and an additional one at every level after.
Languages: Humans begin play speaking Common. Humans with high Intelligence scores can choose any languages they want (except
secret languages, such as Druidic).
|Weapon||Attack Bonus||Damage||Crit||Damage Type|
|MW Longsword||+6||1d8+2||19-20, x2||Slashing|
|Armour / Shield||Armour/Shield Bonus||Max Dex||Armour Check||Arcane Spell Failure||Movement||Weight|
|MW Scale Mail||4||3||-3||25%||20||30|
|Armour / Shield||Armour/Shield Bonus||Max Dex||Armour Check||Arcane Spell Failure||Movement||Weight|
|MW Heavy-Steel Shield||2||-||-1||15%||-||15|
List of Items Here:
Backpack (2 gp, 2 lbs.)
Bedroll (1 sp, 5 lbs.)
scrollcase (1 gp, 1/2 lb.)
Flint and Steel (1 gp)
beltpouch (1 gp, 1/2 lb.)
4 days trail rations (2 gp, 4 lbs.)
50' silk rope (10 gp, 5 lbs.)
sack (1 sp, 1/2 lb.)
sewing needle (5 sp)
2 waterskins (2 gp, 8 lbs.)
whetstone (2 cp, 1 lb.)
Lantern, Hooded (7 gp, 2 lbs)
10 Oil (1-pint flask) (1 gp, 10 lbs)
8 Potion of CLW (.8 lbs)
Least Crystal of Return (Attached to Longsword)
Statistics of Items Here:
Potion of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8+1 hp heal
Spells per Day:
1) Describe yourself as someone meeting you for the first time would see you.
- I am not much of a tall person, but I don't need to be for what I do. I have a helm, scale mail armor, though I plan to upgrade soon, and a pack. Any other details are unnecessary as I am loathe to remove my armor for any length of time beyond what I need to, if just to keep it in proper order.
2) What other details would someone notice on a closer look?
- That what I have seems to be in the right spot, ordered, and very well kept. I am not one for untidy behaviour.
3) Do you have a distinctive way of speaking or any other mannerisms or memorable behavior?
B: Birth and Family
1) Where and when were you born?
- I was born and raised in Russland, where I also got my training for paladinship. As for when, it has been 20 years, 2 weeks, and a day.
2) Who are your parents?
- I will not say. Next question. (Brinford and Gellie Windhelm)
3) Do you have any siblings?
- I have 3. They are fine, thank you very much. I will not divulge names. (Tymothy (28), Jules (24) and Miranda (18))
4) Do you know any members of your extended family?
- No. I do not.
5) How did you get along with your family?
- Well enough.
C: Education and Work
1) Did you serve an apprenticeship in order to learn your current profession/class? For how long?
- I apprenticed with a former night since I was the age of 10. I served some time as a guard, of sorts, for a high ranking accountant before I was bid to go to Avalon to help with their nearly unceasing problems. If half the rumors are true, I have my work cut out for me.
2) If you were not an apprentice, how did you learn your trade/skills/ect? Formal schooling? Informal Teachers? Self-Taught?
3) Who was your master or teacher? (Race? Gender? Appearance? Personality?) Is he/she still alive? How were you treated? Are/Were you on good terms with your master?
- His name is Sir Gantle Mimford. We parted on good terms, him saying I would serve Umnos well, as my deity of choice, and as a Teacher he treated me well enough. He is still alive, as far as I know. Why, do you know otherwise?
4) Did your teacher have any other apprentices or students? Who were they? Did you get along?
- Sir Gantle taught many before me, but I did not know them personally.
5) Due to the rarity of literacy in this setting, how important are books, writings, letters, ect. to you?
- Books are absolutely necessary, as is writing. Otherwise, how can you not have checklists to make sure everything is in order?
6) Do you have a job other than "adventurer"? Who do you work for? How much of your time does this require?
Ma'am, I do not need any other job than what I am. Though I do like the idea of accounting.
1) Who were your friends as a child? As an adolescent? As an adult?
- I did not have many friends, and the ones I did were passing. As an adult, I am focused on what I need to do, not social interaction for the sake of it. Waste of time.
2) How many of these people are still alive? How many are you still friends with?
3) Who is/was your best friend? What is the most memorable thing that the two of you ever did together?
- I cannot recall, if there is one. (N/A)
4) What do you look for in a friend?
- Punctuality, lack of evil, order, and proper respect for the law. What else should I look for?
5) Have you ever been in love? Was it reciprocated? Do you have (or have you had) a boy-/girlfriend, a lover, or a spouse? More than one? Are you looking for one? What do you look for in a romantic partner?
- I have had no time for love, nor am I looking. In the proper hands, it is a valiant effort for the world, but it is not for me. Far too chaotic, ruins so many plans.
E: Attitudes and Beliefs
1) What are your beliefs about religion and the afterlife? Do you follow any particular god or gods? What appeals to you most about this religion? Least?
- Of course I follow a god! What kind of paladin WOULDN'T follow a god? I am a follower of the might Umnos, grand timekeeper of the universe. He keeps the proper order, and is considered to be the most magnificent machine ever devised. If there is an afterlife, let it be one where I can gaze at the workings of Umnos for the remainder of time.
2) Where do spirits of nature, the elements and the dead fit into these beliefs?
- They do not, but that is not to say they do not have a place somewhere. Just not here.
3) What gods, religions, or priesthoods will you have nothing to do with?
- Any that uphold evil, destruction or WORSE….Chaos.
4) What is your moral code? Under what conditions will you kill? Steal? Lie? Do you have a personal code of behavior about violence? Magic? Sex? Dealing with Evil Beings?
- I am a Paladin woman! How dare you ask me such things! Stealing, lying, cheating, violence, EVIL! All are to be not tolerated! Magic and sex, however, are fine, magic more preferable than the other. Like with love, sex is necessary, but ultimately far too disruptive for my taste.
5) How committed are you to seeing through something (a task, quest, bargain, etc) that you have started?
- I will make sure that my task is completed to the end, lest my life be forfeit. I take this mindset in all that I do.
6) How important are the following to you?: Power, Wealth, Fame, Honor, Family, Friends, Love, Knowledge, Religion, Your job? To what lengths would you go to acquire or preserve these things?
- For honour, family, friends, religion, and my job, I would gladly lay my life down for. Fame, Wealth, Power, I ambivalent towards. Love, can do with or without.
7) How often do you remember your dreams? How much attention do you pay to them? Do they inspire you? Guide you? Inspire You? Warn you? Frighten You?
- Dreams are nothing but the mind looking over your life with some odd twists. I do not care for them one way or another. Life in the woken world is far more important.
8) What is your attitude towards magic? People who use it? Fearsome monsters? The unknown in general?
- Magic is fine, as are the people who use it, so long as they do no harm. Monsters and the unknown are things I am natural neutral about, until again they begin to do harm to the innocent.
F: Edges and Flaws
1) What are you especially good at? What sets you apart from the rest of the world? A skill? An unusual knack? A certain flair of style or wit?
- I am good at keeping order. As for what sets me apart, I do not know. I am fairly ordinary.
2) What flaws do you have? Bad habits? Obsessions? Terrible (or embarrassing) secrets?
- I have no flaws! How dare you insinuate that I have flaws!
3) Do you have any enemies? How much trouble do those conflicts cause you?
- I do not have enemies now, that I know of.
G: Likes and Dislikes
1) What do you love? (People? Places? Creatures? Kinds of Food? Activities? Subjects?)
- Time. It is constant, unyielding, and forever going onwards.
2) What do you hate? How do you typically react to these hated things?
- Chaos in general. Far too much just strewn about makes me annoyed.
3) What do you fear? What is your worst nightmare?
- I. Fear. Nothing. (Actually, he's not a fan of clowns. Shh, don't tell him I said so!)
1) Describe your first encounter with a nonhuman monster. (Not counting player races, animals, etc that you grew up with, but feel free to mention them too)
- I have yet to truly encounter one. My guarding duties did not put me in such situations.
2) If you are a spellcaster, describe your first experience with using magic. What were the circumstances? Were you expecting it?
- No magic yet, but I do suspect I shall receive some eventually.
3) If you have an animal companion or familiar, describe how you acquired it. Describe this ally's personality, and its attitude towards you. (Loyal unto death, mischievous, lazy, etc)
4) If you have any unusual possessions, describe how you acquired them. Is their value practical, monetary, sentimental or some combination of these?
- A pocket watch, from my oldest brother. It was a going-away present for when I started my journey to Avalon. I keep it near, and listen to the ticks of the device.
5) Please describe your general background. This may be any length you wish, but at least one paragraph. You may use any or all of the information above, or new information not covered.
- For all of my known life I have adored keeping the order, and to help those in need as best to my ability as I can muster. My desire to be a paladin helped my parent gain my access to the life I have now; with the tutelage I have received, I hope to continue to keep my adoration going. My older brother, a former clergy of Umnos and now clock-maker, gave my pocket watch as a reminder of home and family. My parents were fairly well off, and gave us the best education they could manage. Youth was spent dreaming of protecting others, and to rid the world of disorder. Clocks have always fascinated me, with their precision gears and mechanisms. Hm. I am getting off track, and you are making me late to my destination. Fare thee well, strange census taker.