|Tirzah "Aria" Selah|
|Experience:||Experience and Rep Tallies|
|Played by Jennibear|
- Abilities & Skills
- Feats & Class Abilities
- Background & Questionnaire
- Quest Log
|Ability||Score||Mod||Temp Score||Temp Mod|
Temp Mod Used to track Magic Item bonuses etc
|Total||Base 10 + 4Dexterity +5armor= 19|
+2 against paralysis and sleep effects +1 against sonic spells
|Dex4+Imp Init4 = +8|
|c||Decipher Script (Int)||+0||+0||+0||+0|
|c||Disable Device (Int)||+0||+0||+0||+0|
|c||Escape Artist (Dex)||+2||+4||+0||+6|
|c||Gather Information (Cha)||+11||+6||+0||+17|
|x||Handle Animal (Cha)||+0||+0||+0||+0|
|x||Knowledge (Stuff) (Int)||+0||+0||+0||+0|
|x||Move Silently (Dex)||+0||+0||+0||+0|
|c||Open Lock (Dex)||+0||+0||+0||+0|
|X||Sense Motive (Wis)||+11||+0||+0||+11|
|x||Sleight of Hand (Dex)||+0||+0||+0||+0|
|x||Speak Language (n/a)||+7||+0||+0||+0|
|X||Use Magic Device (Cha)||+11||+6||+0||+17|
|c||Use Rope (Dex)||+0||+0||+0||+0|
Languages Known: Common, Sylvan, Literacy, Trade tongue, infernal, celestial, abyssal, undercommon, Draconic, Discordian, carnivon,
Performs: Dance, stringed, Sing
Skill Tricks go here
Skill Points: 10 per level
Bardic music, bardic knowledge, countersong, Healing Hymn, inspire courage +3, Inspire competence,
Repel Domination: Lose suggestion power. +2 bonus on saves vs mind affecting spells and abilities of the undead, if you succeed in the save they become shaken.
Bonus Feat: Humans select one extra feat at 1st level.
Skilled: Humans gain an additional four skill points at first level, and an additional one at every level after.
Languages: Humans begin play speaking Common. Humans with high Intelligence scores can choose any languages they want (except secret languages, such as Druidic).
|Weapon||Attack Bonus||Damage||Crit||Damage Type||Range|
|Light Crossbow||1d20+5||1d8+0||19/20 x2||P||120|
|Armour / Shield||Armour/Shield Bonus||Max Dex||Armour Check||Arcane Spell Failure||Movement Speed||Weight|
|+2 Studded Leather, glamored||+5||+5||-1||-15%||30ft||0lb|
|Head||Circlet of Persuasion||Brief item description|
|Face||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Neck||Badge of Valor||Brief item description|
|Shoulders||Transposer Cloak||Blue and silver cloak|
|Torso||Shift Weave||Brief item description|
|Arms||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Hands||Gloves of the Starry Sky||Brief item description|
|Right Ring||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Left Ring||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Waist||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Feet||Boots of swift passage||Brief item description|
|Pack||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
List of Items Here:
Backpack; Bedroll; scrollcase; Flint and Steel; beltpouch; 4 days trail rations; 100' silk rope; sack; sewing needle; 2 waterskins; whetstone; Lantern (hooded); Oil (5pints);Mirror (small steel); Clothes (entertainers 3 sets); Masterwork Lute; Potion of cats grace(+4)
Badge of Valor - Mic page 208
Cloak of Resistance +1
Shiftweave - Mic page 133
Gloves of the Starry Sky - Mic page 204
Wand of Cure Light Wounds (20 charges)
Dove's Harp - Mic page 156
Wand Bracelet - Mic page 147
Chime of harmonic agony - Mic page 154
Boots of swift passage - Mic page 78
Eternal Wand of Haste - 2/day
Circlet of Persuasion - +3 to charisma based checks
Transposer Cloak - 3/day swift transposition, 13 dc will save if unwilling
Statistics of Items Here:
Gloves of the Starry Sky - Light, 3/day cast magic missile (characters cl, sacrifice a spell slot 1 or higher)
Badge of Valor - 3/day +1 on Inspire Courage
Shiftweave - Glammored clothing, mimics 5 specific outfits
- Outfit 1 Furthest to the left 'Comfortable Travel Clothes'
- Outfit 2
- Outfit 3 - includes black shoes
- Outfit 4 - without the slippers
- Outfit 5 - No hair bow
Spells per Day:
Level 0 - 3
Level 1 - 5
Level 2 - 4
Level 3 - 2
1) Describe yourself as someone meeting you for the first time would see you. (Race?, Gender?, Age?, Size? Coloration? Attractiveness?, Dress? Do you try to emphasize or hide any of these features?)
A curvaceous 5'3 woman with long loose waves of brightly red hair and huge green eyes that lack a determinable pupil. Tirzah possesses a top heavy dancers frame and the grace to go with it, every step, every breath is a thing of grace and beauty. Her face is a delicate heart shape and her hair is usually left down to frame the porcelain skin in the thick red tresses. Usually dressed in long loose dresses that flow as she moves she seems to favor blues greens and black with beads and sparkles worked in.
2) What other details would someone notice on a closer look? (Distinguishing marks, birthmarks, scars, etc?)
Her skin and hair are flawless and she usually smells faintly of perfume, showing she does her utmost to take care of her physical appearance. Even her nails are well kept, though her fingers are calloused from some form of labor, either bow or instrument strings.
3) Do you have a distinctive way of speaking or any other mannerisms or memorable behavior?
Tirzah is extremely happy go lucky, and it shows in the perky way she carries herself.
B: Birth and Family
1) Where and when were you born? (Also good to include: Do you know your exact birthdate? Did anything unusual (storms, accidents, deaths, etc?) happen about the same time, with which some people might still associate your birthdate?)
Tirzah was born in a small enclave of humans that live and work in the Elven port city of Calomaer, located in the country of Aelfheim. A child of early spring, the exact date went unmarked and has been in no way marked by any event other than the yearly return of flowers and fruits to the world.
2) Who are your parents? (Names, Occupations, Social class, Were they married?, Are they still alive? are all good things to include)
Tirzah's father was unknown, her mother Mirinda was little more than a dockside whore servicing the human ships that made port to offload goods from exotic places. She showed little interest in the health and well being of her offspring before her death from suspicious drowning before Tirzah's fourth year.
After Mirinda's death Tirzah was taken in by another family, that of a half elf and her son living not far from where the young Tirzah had grown for her first few years. Shannon was as nurturing as Mirinda had been hands off, and Nicolas ( her son) seemed enamored and protective of his new little sister.
Shannon works as a bartender in one of the dockside establishments and earns a good living there.
3) Do you have any siblings? (If so, it would be good to describe them as you did your parents above.)
None by blood though she is quite close to her adoptive family, and the son Nicolas who is far more mature than she, and about six years her senior, but affectionate is and tolerant of his little sister's bubbly playfulness even if he finds it often exasperating.
4) Do you know any members of your extended family? (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins? Also would be good to describe them as above)
None that she knows of, Shannon's family is a mystery to her and she barely remembers her 'real' mother at all.
5) How did you get along with your family?
Tirzah is on wonderful terms with her adoptive family, She will try and make it a point to visit at least once in a while.
C: Education and Work
1) Did you serve an apprenticeship in order to learn your current profession/class? For how long?
No official apprenticeship, Her dancing is self taught and she learned bits here and there for her music.
2) If you were not an apprentice, how did you learn your trade/skills/ect? Formal schooling? Informal Teachers? Self-Taught?
Mostly informal teachers and self taught. She learned the basics of music and magic from a bard that saw her first display of power, she's since forgotten the man's name, if she knew it in the first place. Her dancing has been observation and natural talent.
3) Who was your master or teacher? (Race? Gender? Appearance? Personality?) Is he/she still alive? How were you treated? Are/Were you on good terms with your master?
4) Did your teacher have any other apprentices or students? Who were they? Did you get along?
5) Due to the rarity of literacy in this setting, how important are books, writings, letters, ect. to your character? Regardless as to whether or not he/she can read?
Books are fairly important to the smart little bard because knowledge is power and power is a way to keep oneself safe. She isn't an obsessive collector but she'll pick up books when she can, reading each one with great interest. As such she knows a lil bit about everything
6) Do you have a job other than "adventurer"? Who do you work for? How much of your time does this require?
Primarily Tirzah is a bard, a performer preferring to dance though she will also play lutes to get her point across. An apparently prissy social creature she is rarely seen getting messy willingly.
1) Who were your friends as a child? As an adolescent? As an adult?
Tirzah never really had close friends other than her 'brother' to whom she was totally devoted. She knew everyone but never really formed close friendships due to being raised mostly with elves.
2) How many of these people are still alive? How many are you still friends with?
Probity most of them, Elves live forever after all.. though she's not really close to anyone at home but family.
3) Who is/was your best friend? What is the most memorable thing that the two of you ever did together?
4) What do you look for in a friend?
Tolerance, interesting thoughts.. cute? Tirzah's the type that'll make anyone a 'friend' and almost no one a real friend.. Nice to everyone close to no one.
5) Have you ever been in love? Was it reciprocated? Do you have (or have you had) a boy-/girlfriend, a lover, or a spouse? More than one? Are you looking for one? What do you look for in a romantic partner?
Not particularly, she's experimented a bit, and isn't exactly sweet and innocent but the few farflung flings haven't really been for love. She'll be looking for a solid lover that can protect her somewhat from the arrows of life while not minding that she wanders off occasionally, listening to the music in her head.
E: Attitudes and Beliefs
1) What are your beliefs about religion and the afterlife? Do you follow any particular god or gods? What appeals to you most about this religion? Least?
Religion is sort of an extended family, as far as Tirzah understands and practices it, she gets on well with her patron deity, Hlal believing in the tenants of entertainment and freedom. She enjoys informal religion but teh strictness of some worshipers grates on her. Tirzah prefers to honor her god by being free and entertaining rather than sitting in church, mindlessly offering prayer. Tirzah's belief is that when her time comes her spirit will move to some eternal party in the afterlife, a place where there's no darkness and everyone is happy. Some may call it heaven, she refers to it as the Endless Dance, or similar.
2) Where do spirits of nature, the elements and the dead fit into these beliefs?
Nature and elements are fine and good, they are a part of the world but they belong outside the window, safely away from Tirzah, who won't interrupt them if they don't bug her. Dead are dead, moved on to their Eternal Peace.. or undead which need a lil help moving on.
3) What gods, religions, or priesthoods will you have nothing to do with?
Particularly lawful or evil ones grate on her nerves bit Tirzah will associate with anyone who can do something for her.
4) What is your moral code? Under what conditions will you kill? Steal? Lie? Do you have a personal code of behavior about violence? Magic? Sex? Dealing with Evil Beings?
Tirzah's code is one of ' enjoy yourself, while trying to help others enjoy themselves and don't sweat the details to much' She's a fun loving free spirit who will lie right to your face if it suits her goal ( also known as diplomacy) and while she dislikes violence, especially used against her, she's got nothing against using it to protect herself and others. Sex is sex, its entertaining and as such should be practiced when desired.. evil beings suck but unless they are being obvious Tirzah won't call em out on it unless she's sure she'll win the fight that may result. She won't really steal unless there's NO OTHER OPTION including seducing/bribery.
5) How committed are you to seeing through something (a task, quest, bargain, etc) that you have started?
Sure I'll go do th… OH LOOK ITS A PUPPY.. Tirzah's flighty, she will probably do what she sets out to do, but she might also get distracted chasing some fluffy creatures tail and dancing..
6) How important are the following to you?: Power, Wealth, Fame, Honor, Family, Friends, Love, Knowledge, Religion, Your job? To what lengths would you go to acquire or preserve these things?
Power is valuable only as it pertains to comfort, the more powerful you are the more comfortable.
Wealth is important, coming from nothing Tirzah isn't really eager to return, she'll tend to measure success by material value.
Fame is also of high importance to the dancer, who thinks with fame comes fortune and power. ( and thus security and comfort)
Honor is what it is, honor is moderately important but not paramount to Tirzah.
Family, She adores her mother and brother, even knowing they aren't but beyond that family are just people your related to.
Friends Keeping friends close is a good way to keep enough bodies around that you can hide if things go badly, She'll stand and fight for few, true friends are deeply important to her.
Love is sorta a weird concept, while she loves her friends she's never really had a true love, deep friendships are a form of love and thus she'd do everything in her power to protect those she cares for. This will slant her choice of spells later as she goes more into buffing magics to protect friends.
Knowledge is power.
Religion is passingly important, Tirzah is faithful to her god because it fits her, beyond the association she doesn't put much thought into religion.
Her dancers position and the fame it might bring are deeply important to her, but acquired jobs to save these and those are slightly less so.
7) How often do you remember your dreams? How much attention do you pay to them? Do they inspire you? Guide you? Inspire You? Warn you? Frighten You?
Tirzah occasionally dreams of a shadowed face and a harsh voice, being locked in a small pace but mostly she forgets her dreams or remembers them as dreams of dancing and song, freedom and laughter.
8) What is your attitude towards magic? People who use it? Fearsome monsters? The unknown in general?
Magic is a force to be respected, and people who use it should be watched carefully so they don't use it on Tirzah without her consent. Fearsome monsters belong DEAD and the unknown is to be read about, studied and thus made known because Knowledge is power.
F: Edges and Flaws
1) What are you especially good at? What sets you apart from the rest of the world? A skill? An unusual knack? A certain flair of style or wit?
Aside from dancing Tirzah's a rather decent card player unafraid to show some skin to win an advantage. She's a decent cook, enough to get by, and a quick wit, unafraid to show some sarcasm and knock others ego's down a peg.
2) What flaws do you have? Bad habits? Obsessions? Terrible (or embarrassing) secrets?
Other than an easily distracted attitude and a certain far to laid back nature at times she doesn't have any particularly horrible secrets. her life is an open book, she's not ashamed of her bisexuality, or her humble beginning, or anything else she's done.
3) Do you have any enemies? How much trouble do those conflicts cause you?
No enemies as of yet.
G: Likes and Dislikes
1) What do you love? (People? Places? Creatures? Kinds of Food? Activities? Subjects?)
Freedom, things that are cute and or sexy, expensive food and drink, socializing.. generally being bouncy and happy and the center of attention.
2) What do you hate? How do you typically react to these hated things?
Restraint, Tyrants.. Avoiding them mostly, though she'll probably end up being lynched for starting revolutions at some point to deal with tyrants.
3) What do you fear? What is your worst nightmare?
Being alone in a small dark place, unable to get free and see the light.
1) Describe your first encounter with a nonhuman monster. (Not counting player races, animals, etc that you grew up with, but feel free to mention them too)
Tirzah's seen orcs and stuff at way distance, but she hasn't had an up close encounter with nonhuman monsters, or even humanoid ones.
2) If you are a spellcaster, describe your first experience with using magic. What were the circumstances? Were you expecting it?
Bardic music and magic are fairly new to Tirzah, She only recently realized the ability to cast magic, Her first adventure with it was truly nothing spectacular, Little more than Prestidigitation lights and sparkles to highlight the sway of her dancing form. While completely unexpected and slightly tiring the magic amuses Tirzah and led to her exploration of that subtle currently weak power.
3) If you have an animal companion or familiar, describe how you acquired it. Describe this ally's personality, and its attitude towards you. (Loyal unto death, mischievous, lazy, etc)
4) If you have any unusual possessions, describe how you acquired them. Is their value practical, monetary, sentimental or some combination of these?
5) Please describe your characters general background, this may be any length you wish, but at least one paragraph. You may use any or all of the information above, or new information not covered.
Tirzah was born unwanted, only some vague sense of maternal obligation kept her alive through her first years of life as he mother continued to work as a prostitute, often leaving the young child alone for nights at a time. Around her fourth year her mother drown.. one of the people who fished her body up from the harbor told a friend who confided in a barmaid at his local dockside bar. A neighbor of the whore and her child Shannon knew of Tirzah's existence and skipped out early from work, rescuing the starving little girl from a locked room of the tiny house she'd shared with her mother. Times were hard at first as Shannon sought to feed two children, Tirzah and her own son, then 10 years of age) Nicolas on her meager income. At times the little family barely got by, Nicolas worked odd jobs as a gopher, a messenger to make extra money but the little family seemed to come together nicely.
In her rare free time Shannon doted on Tirzah and Nicolas, often telling them stories in both common and Sylvan, obliquely teaching the young mind of the human the basics of sylvan. Time passed and Tirzah learned well, by the time she was ten she spoke both common and sylvan as a native might, rarely stumbling over pronunciation. Though Shannon was illiterate like most, she saw the potential of her young adopted daughter and arranged schooling to teach the budding woman to read and write from one of the traders that worked mostly in town. Her natural affinity for words lead her to pick up another commonly used language around the trader's home, Trade tongue.
By the age of 15 Tirzah was supporting herself, her natural grace and beauty lent themselves well to performances as a dancer, and her charm and wit made her quiet personable. A human's drive to better herself kept her constantly practicing her skills, until almost predictably she bid farewell to her adoptive family and set off into the world to make her fame and fortune as a dancer.
|Quest Name||Quest DM||Experiance||Gold/reward|
|Ineffable Horror||Pale||500||500gp + potion of Cat's Grace(+4)|
|Out of the Sun||Gid||450||600+1000 bloodgem|
|Filched||Gid||825||1,163 gp + Nymph's Kiss|
|Good Help Is Hard To Find (Round 1)||Scathien||1,050||1,116 gp, Zimri the Sugarglider|
|The Case of the Timberlay Lion||Lisa||625||1,290gp, +1 leather armor (sold for 580gp)|
|Three Stouts Tavern And Provisions||Rhine||1,740||1,500 GP + Cloak of Resistance +1(passed off to Silver Dove as a gift)|
|Something stinks here..||Faithen||2250||2325gp and Chime of harmonic agony|
|Good Help is Hard to Find (round 2)||Scathien||3,150||2975 gp|
|The Forgotten Town||Sean||1,100||1,200 gp|
|The Infestation Begins||Seren||1875||2,000 gp|
|The Dollmaker Part 1||Lisa||3558||1,571 gp (from sale of sword)|
|The Dollmaker Part 2||Lisa||1650||335gp, cursed dove's harp|
|The Dollmaker, Finale||Lisa||2100||19,285 gp Wand Bracelet, doll copy of self|
|Mechanical Messiah Part One||Malcom||2200||3000 gp|
|Kythons on the Streets||Darkmask||4320||5800 Gold, Transposer Cloak|