1) Describe yourself as someone meeting you for the first time would see you. (Race?, Gender?, Age?, Size? Coloration? Attractiveness?, Dress? Do you try to emphasize or hide any of these features?)
2) What other details would someone notice on a closer look? (Distinguishing marks, birthmarks, scars, ect?)
3) Do you have a distinctive way of speaking or any other mannerisms or memorable behaviour?
A tall, slim and shapely entity, Yuria is a hauntingly beautiful woman that speaks with intelligence yet is not bookish. One can tell as they speak with her that she tends to be aloof yet in her eyes there is no cold logic, rather a plethora of emotion and passion: a contradiction. By appearance she is only remotely human with her light cobalt-colored skin, hair that is the color of ocean water and is long and somewhat wild. Blue crystal eyes stare back at those who speak with her, no noticeable pupil or iris can be seen and covering her form are numerous tattoos that, though are a work in progress follow and accent the faint lines in her flesh. If seen nude, there are four gems imbedded into her skin at the wrists, between her full breasts, and one lodged firmly near her ankle. Yuria's style of dress is more for function than for appearances, reflecting her detachment as well as her tastes; sometimes she is known to wear nothing more than a psychoactive skin to cover her shame other times she wears clothing that leaves little to the imagination but is not meant to be provocative.
In truth Yuria is composed of two distinctive yet cohesive entities, one being the flesh and the other being a floating blue crystal with a consciousness and self-awareness of its own. Going by the name “Misha”, the small blue crystal either rides on her as a pendant or floats along on its own power. The creature is also capable of sprouting small crystalline legs for its own locomotion, and can speak, think and voice its own opinions, however it is composed from Yuria's mental impressions. A disconcerting and unsettling thing Yuria is know for is using Misha as a kind of medium to speak directly into the minds of intelligent creatures; telepathy knows no language barriers.
B: Birth and Family
1) Where and when were you born? (Also good to include: Do you know your exact birthdate? Did anything unusual (storms, accidents, deaths, ect?) happen about the same time, with which some people might still associate your birthdate?)
2) Who are your parents? (Names, Occupations, Social class, Were they married?, Are they still alive? are all good things to include)
3) Do you have any siblings? (If so, it would be good to describe them as you did your parents above.)
4) Do you know any members of your extended family? (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins? Also would be good to describe them as above)
5) How did you get along with your family?
Yuria's life before her change was one of constant sorrows, as if she were born under the Star of Suffering. If ever asked about her family life, she can give no answers of her own because the very thing that so drastically altered her appearance also devoured and destroyed much of her past memories. Yuria only recalls bits and pieces, flashes of faces she can't recall nor place and a sense of déjà vu in places within Avalon. Misha is not forthcoming with her past either because she is a recent reconstruction of Yuria's first psicrystal, named “Sally” which was reabsorbed into her body when a freak accident claimed the psion's life. The process of her resurrection also caused trauma to, at the time, a very tormented and fractured mind. Yuria knew only one real family being an orphan for so long, she was passed as child from one family to another. None of which wanted to deal with nor care for a child with special needs. Sickly, mute, waiflike…the entity that she is now is a far cry from what she once was, and the question remains even now if her sanity is still intact. Adopted by the late Cassius family, Servia raised her as her own daughter, giving her the life she never had coming up. Yuria can only recall a fire, screams, burning pain when she attempts to remember her parents, but can also feel love…warmth and longing. She has no known siblings but calls the egoist Olivia, the dragon mage Kara, and a few others “sisters” because they are the ones she never had. The departure of the Cassius family was once a sore subject for her, but with her change she sees it for the better; she has no need for pomp and circumstance.
C: Education and Work
1) Did you serve an apprenticeship in order to learn your current profession/class? For how long?
2) If you were not an apprentice, how did you learn your trade/skills/ect? Formal schooling? Informal Teachers? Self-Taught?
3) Who was your master or teacher? (Race? Gender? Appearance? Personality?) Is he/she still alive? How were you treated? Are/Were you on good terms with your master?
4) Did your teacher have any other apprentices or students? Who were they? Did you get along?
5) Due to the rarity of literacy in this setting, how important are books, writings, letters, ect. to your character? Regardless as to whether or not he/she can read?
6) Do you have a job other than "adventurer"? Who do you work for? How much of your time does this require?
Her skills as a gemcutter come from her association with one Sayeed Dakheel, whom she sees as her surrogate father. Cared for by him for a time before his departure, he knew intimately about the condition that Yuria was in at that time since he himself was a psion. Mentoring her in the arts of the mind, the man is also responsible for teaching her how to harness the energies within her mind as well as the skills needed for Yuria's growth as a crystal mistress (Crystal Master). It is by him she came to know Olivia, whom despite their differing disciplines, she is very close to. To a psion, the ability to read and write is a must. The ancient ways of this power require constant discipline and study in tandem with constant training of the physical body, and in Yuria's case, where her mind and body are the same thing, this is very important. Away from the rigors of adventuring, Yuria works as a freelance jewler and silversmith as well as a tattoo artist.
1) Who were your friends as a child? As an adolescent? As an adult?
2) How many of these people are still alive? How many are you still friends with?
3) Who is/was your best friend? What is the most memorable thing that the two of you ever did together?
4) What do you look for in a friend?
5) Have you ever been in love? Was it reciprocated? Do you have (or have you had) a boy-/girlfriend, a lover, or a spouse? More than one? Are you looking for one? What do you look for in a romantic partner?
Here again, there is little to recall from her past, but in the present she calls many “friend”. These friends are more like family to her and those who have stood by her in so many painful things, in joy and in sorrow, from one adventure to the next are the ones she'd go to the wall for. Befriending her is difficult, but not impossible; It all depends on the attitude in which she is approached. Yuria has a broad range of interests from geology, gemology and tantric practices, to cooking and even theater. The interest in tantric was cultivated by the tauros Grimm, which helped her restore and maintain her physical well being after the incident with an elder thing.
Talking down to her will result in her ire, while approaching her with intend to “bed” her will result it outright hostility and angering a powerful psionic is a folly some don't survive. I
In a friend and even in a lover she wants someone to talk to that can accept her for what she is, that can see past her alien exterior and appreciate the strong and intelligent woman inside. If they can get past her quirks and mannerisms a friendship can be forged, and a lasting friendship will earn their children and their children's children a powerful ally and friend to future generations.
Yuria has yet to find that “special someone” to call a lover, though she has had numerous crushes in the past.
E: Attitudes and Beliefs
1) What are your beliefs about religion and the afterlife? Do you follow any particular god or gods? What appeals to you most about this religion? Least?
2) Where do spirits of nature, the elements and the dead fit into these beliefs?
3) What gods, religions, or priesthoods will you have nothing to do with?
4) What is your moral code? Under what conditions will you kill? Steal? Lie? Do you have a personal code of behavior about violence? Magic? Sex? Dealing with Evil Beings?
5) How committed are you to seeing through something (a task, quest, bargain, ect) that you have started?
6) How important are the following to you?: Power, Wealth, Fame, Honor, Family, Friends, Love, Knowledge, Religion, Your job? To what lengths would you go to acquire or preserve these things?
7) How often do you remember your dreams? How much attention do you pay to them? Do they inspire you? Guide you? Inspire You? Warn you? Frighten You?
8) What is your attitude towards magic? People who use it? Fearsome monsters? The unknown in general?
Yuria has a very unique perspective on death and the afterlife, having met her end once in an accident. Though she follows no set religion (She is agnostic. Believing that there are indeed gods and goddesses, but mortals can not know nor comprehend their power), she has a distinct memory of talking to a nice old man with the head of a bird during that time. Though she can't remember the extent of their conversation, the experience has lent itself to her stance on their existence. On most faiths, hers is a neutral but aloof attitude towards the worship of deities. To her, good and evil are concepts and extremes, not definitive things.
Her morality is neutral in all things, and her ageless existence allows her to see the world “out side the box”. This perspective lets her see the bigger picture and decide on courses of action that are best for herself and possibly others. If pushed into battle, Yuria is a careful and tenacious enemy who breaks down or nullifies an enemy and the destroys without prejudice with massive firepower, however she is very slow to anger. One thing that will quickly push the Elan to wrath is harming a child, orphans especially, for one's benefit or out of malice. This is the only known instance in which she would go as far as to resort to violence and sadism, making an example of the offender without a shred of remorse even if she is not a violent person herself anymore.
Magic, in her eyes is a drought from the same well since psionics and magery share many characteristics. It is a tool that is used by the wielder, and there in is what makes it good or evil. However, she takes evil beings on a case by case sort of way ranging from avoidance, to almost scientific study and if they encroach too much into her life, destruction; Yuria acts and reacts in equal measure in all things including magic, sex, creatures of evil and her own life.
Adventuring or in life, the Elan sees all things she undertakes to its end with slow and steady determination. With the ages of the world sprawling before her and her mind ever expanding, she has all the time in the world she needs to do anything requiring great lengths of time. Any word she makes, she keeps even if it will take her an age to see it through. This aberrant mindset has also gives her a drive that most would see as persistent to the point of obsessiveness in anything she pursuits. Material wealth is just as it suggests- money. Acquiring it to live is not as important to her as the acquirement of knowledge. Simple pleasures, comforts and an expansive library would be her greatest treasures; for knowledge is indeed power to a psion. Her friends and what family she has are the only thing she would place above these treasures for life is still precious to even an aberration like her, even love that is so difficult to find.
F: Edges and Flaws
1) What are you especially good at? What sets you apart from the rest of the world? A skill? An unusual knack? A certain flair of style or wit?
2) What flaws do you have? Bad habits? Obsessions? Terrible (or embarassing) secrets?
3) Do you have any enemies? How much trouble do those conflicts cause you?
Though she has little enemies from without, many of her enemies are from within. Numerous things set her apart from the rest of the world. Being the only known Elan in the world is the largest thing, but she doesn't consider it as much as others who view her would which works as a double edged sword. Though beautiful, the layman would have a difficult time approaching her because of her alien appearance. This gives her a different set of challenges just to live, but her determination alone is enough to compensate for the whispers of both fear and curiosity. Yuria's known mostly for her keen intellect but lack of control at times when her anger gets the best of her, as well as a penchant for gems and an insatiable curiosity, which is rarely overshadowed by a fetish she has: tentacle sex. The reason behind this fetish comes from the incident that occurred several months ago that caused her alien appearance. Being ravished by a tentacled creature from the far planes has left her with a taste for it, but NOT an addiction. The experience gave her mind-bending pleasure and although she doesn't actively seek it out, resisting it even in a dangerous situation would be the furthest thing from her mind; since it and her body are one cohesive unit, what it undergoes effects her mentally as well as physically. Whether it was the perverseness of the act, the need to feel violated and defiled, or just something her aberrant mind enjoys is up for speculation.
G: Likes and Dislikes
1) What do you love? (People? Places? Creatures? Kinds of Food? Activities? Subjects?)
2) What do you hate? How do you typically react to these hated things?
3) What do you fear? What is your worst nightmare?
A rather unorthodox individual, Yuria has a few likes and dislikes that vary depending on her mood. Favorite activities consist of simple things such as flying through the night sky or simply meditating within her cavern in the warmth of the sun. With her evolution into an Elan, her tastes for food have withered to nothing since she no longer requires nourishment from food or drink; her psionic energies sustain her body and mind, but she will partake if social need requires. For all her powers and skill, Yuria seeks simplicity in life versus decadence, using only what she needs to live and function in her chosen professions or for comforts sake.
Hatred is a strong word, and there are some things she feels equally strong against. Arrogant banter and disturbing her inner calm would earn disdain while harming children and orphans for whatever reason will prompt her to swift and brutal wrath. On a simpler level, she has a dislike of spiders and ragweed (The latter of which she is quite allergic). Yuria's greatest fear, and perhaps, her worst nightmare is to face the the ages of the world all alone. Realizing her heightened state of awareness and enlightenment comes with a price, it is the one subject to which she feels the most fear. Yuria never seeks death like so many-a-person does in their adventuring career, to simply live is enough.
1) Describe your first encounter with a nonhuman monster. (Not counting player races, animals, ect that you grew up with, but feel free to mention them too)
2) If you are a spellcaster, describe your first experience with using magic. What were the circumstances? Were you expecting it?
3) If you have an animal companion or familiar, describe how you aquired it. Describe this ally's personality, and its attitude towards you. (Loyal unto death, mischievous, lazy, ect)
4) If you have any unusual possessions, describe how you aquired them. Is their value practical, monetary, sentimental or some combonation of these?
5) Please describe your characters general background, this may be any length you wish, but at least one paragraph. You may use any or all of the information above, or new information not covered. (Encouraged)
The very first time Yuria encountered monsters was in an old mansion full of dire rats where she and an adventuring cadre has to play as exterminators. Though she can't remember all of it, to this day she harbors a revulsion towards common and dire rats and mice. As psions go, Yuria has always been aware that she is different from others, even as a kid. When she was passed from one home to another she caused windows to fog over, candles to melt on their own or objects to float about the home. This caused many prospective parents to think her possessed or a demon herself, and got her subjected to numerous treatments that were very bad for her, which left her sickly and undernourished. Servia Cassius influence helped fill her out and got her healthy before her change.
Yuria has no animal companions to speak of, save for a pet cat named “Spot”, but she does have, like many psions do, a psicrystal companion called Misha, who is perky, over-exuberant but cheers on her mistress with great zeal.
With no unusual possessions of her own, Yuria adheres to the adage “Use what works.” She keeps nothing truly unusual save for the wondrous items she carries on her person. Misha is the only possession for which she keeps in perfect shape, and is her constant companion.
An unorthodox, alien and haunting entity, Yuria is a force of nature, a woman of intellect and passion, kind and kismet, chaste and sensual, and is a living contradiction.