|Race:||Drow - Half Dragon|
|Played by Jennibear|
|Ability||Score||Mod||Temp Score||Temp Mod|
Temp Mod Used to track Magic Item bonuses etc
|Armor Class||Saving Throws||Base||Bonus||Total|
|Total||Base 10 +5 Dexterity +4 Natural +3 Armor = 22||Fortitude||+2||+6||+8|
Immunity: sleep and paralysis effects, Force damage
|+1||+5Dex/+8Str||+6/+9||Dex = +5|
|-||U||Climb (Str)||+ 0||+ 8||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0|
|-||U||Jump (Str)||+ 0||+ 8||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0|
|-||U||Swim (Str)||+ 0||+ 8||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0|
|-||U||Balance (Dex)||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0|
|-||U||Escape Artist (Dex)||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0|
|-||U||Hide (Dex)||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0|
|-||U||Move Silently (Dex)||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0|
|-||-||Open Lock (Dex)||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0|
|-||U||Ride (Dex)||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0|
|-||-||Sleight of Hand (Dex)||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0|
|-||-||Tumble (Dex)||+ 2||+ 5||+ 0||+ 0||+ 7|
|-||U||Use Rope (Dex)||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0|
|-||U||Concentration (Con)||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0|
|-||U||Appraise (Int)||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0|
|-||U||Craft (Int)||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0|
|-||-||Decipher Script (Int)||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0|
|-||-||Disable Device (Int)||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0|
|-||U||Forgery (Int)||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0|
|-||-||Knowledge (Int)||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0|
|-||U||Search (Int)||+ 0||+ 2||+ 0||+ 2||+ 4|
|-||-||Spellcraft (Int)||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0|
|-||U||Heal (Wis)||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0|
|-||U||Listen (Wis)||+ 0||+ 1||+ 0||+ 2||+ 4|
|-||-||Profession (Wis)||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0|
|-||U||Sense Motive (Wis)||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0|
|-||U||Spot (Wis)||+ 2||+ 1||+ 0||+ 2||+ 5|
|-||U||Survival (Wis)||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0|
|-||U||Bluff (Cha)||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0|
|-||U||Diplomacy (Cha)||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0|
|-||U||Disguise (Cha)||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0|
|-||U||Gather Information (Cha)||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0|
|-||-||Handle Animal (Cha)||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0|
|-||U||Intimidate (Cha)||+ 4||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 4|
|-||U||Perform (Cha)||+ 2||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0|
|-||-||Use Magic Device (Cha)||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0||+ 0|
|-||-||Speak Language||+ 0|
|Skill Points||Total Skill Points Here|
-U = usable untrained
-C = class skill
Languages Known: Common, Sylvan, Draconic, Undercommon, Literacy, Drow Sign Language.
Weapon Focus: Scimitar
Two Weapon Fighting:
A fighter is proficient with all simple and martial weapons and with all armor (heavy, medium, and light) and shields (including tower shields).
Dragon Amethyst ( 60' force line )
- +8 Strength, +6 Constitution, +2 Intellegence, and +2 Charisma.
- Size: As base race.
- Type: Changes to Dragon.
- Speed: Gains dragon wings that allow it to fly at twice the base race's land speed, with average maneuverability.
- Armor Class: Natural Armor is improved by +4
- Attack: A half-dragon has two claw attacks and a bite attack, and the claws are the primary natural weapon. If the base creature can use weapons, the half-dragon retains this ability. A half-dragon fighting without weapons uses a claw when making an attack action. When it has a weapon, it usually uses the weapon instead. A half-dragon fighting without weapons uses both claws and its bite when making a full attack. If armed with a weapon, it usually uses the weapon as its primary attack and its bite as a natural secondary attack. If it has a hand free, it uses a claw as an additional natural secondary attack. If the base creature does not have these attack forms naturally, use the damage values in the table below. Otherwise, use the values below or the base creature’s damage values, whichever are greater.
- A half-dragon retains all the special attacks of the base creature and gains a breath weapon based on the dragon variety (see table), usable once every 1d4 rounds in combat. A half-dragon’s breath weapon deals 1d6 points of damage per HD the character possess. A successful Reflex save (DC 10 + ½ half-dragon’s HD + half-dragon’s Con modifier) reduces damage by half.
- Low-Light Vision
- Darkvision 60 ft.
- Immunities — to sleep and paralysis effects, and an additional immunity based on its dragon variety.
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, -2 Constitution: Drow characters are nimble and manipulative.
- Medium: Drow have no bonuses or penalties due to their size
- Normal Speed: A Drow's base land speed is 30 feet
- Darkvision: A Drow has darkvision out to 120 feet
- Drow Immunities: Drow are immune to magic sleep effects and get a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells and effects.
- Keen Senses: Drow receive a +2 racial bonus on Listen, Spot and Search skill checks.
- Light Blindness: Abrupt exposure to bright light (such as sunlight or a daylight spell) blinds drow for 1 round. In subsequent rounds, the drow are dazzled (–1 penalty on attack rolls, Search checks, and Spot checks) as long as they remain in the affected area.
- Spell Resistance: A Drow has spell resistance equal to 6 + character level
- Poison Use: A Drow may handle poisons without risk of poisoning himself.
- Spell-like Abilities: A Drow can cast dancing lights, darkness, and faerie fire each once per day, using his total character level as his caster level.
- Weapon Proficiency: A Drow receives Martial Weapon Proficiency (Rapier), Martial Weapon Proficiency (Short Sword), and Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Hand Crossbow) as bonus feats.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Sylvan (Drow Dialect), and Undercommon. Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Aquan, Draconic, Drow Sign Language, Goblin
|Weapon||Attack Bonus||Damage||Crit||Damage Type|
Full Round Attack
|Weapon||Attack Bonus||Damage||Crit||Damage Type|
|Armour / Shield||Armour/Shield Bonus||Max Dex||Armour Check||Arcane Spell Failure||Movement Speed||Weight|
|Head||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Face||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Neck||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Shoulders||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Torso||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Arms||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Hands||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Right Ring||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Left Ring||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Waist||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Feet||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
|Pack||Item name goes here||Brief item description|
List of Items Here:
2x Scimitar, Studded leather armor, 2xCLW potions, Backpack, Bedroll, Flint and Steel, 2 beltpouch, 4 days trail rations, 100' silk rope, sack, sewing needle, 2 waterskins, whetstone, Entertainers outfit, 2x alchemists fire flask,
Statistics of Items Here:
1) Describe yourself as someone meeting you for the first time would see you. (Race?, Gender?, Age?, Size? Coloration? Attractiveness?, Dress? Do you try to emphasize or hide any of these features?)
Zebeyl stands a deceptively fragile looking 4'11, small and slight like many drow, brilliant amethyst eyes with long vertical slits for pupils peer out from behind only barely styled cream colored hair that hangs only just past her shoulders, cut in bangs to leave her vision clear. Long pointed ears show through this mass of cream, often tucking it back from her heart shaped adorable face with small nose and narrow pitch black lips. The rest of her skin is a uniform charcoal grey save where black inked tattoos show on her left thigh, mirrored by the exact same pattern in white on her right thigh. Her hands are small, her fingers long and topped with un-blunted claws of obsidian black. The method of her dress is extremely simple either simple cream colored leather armor studded to ad a touch more protection and designed to stay out of the way of her wings or a white dress edged with black with a tear shaped cut out to show a hint of cleavage. Either outfit is worn with simple black ankle high boots. Wrapped around her body like a cloak, usually, a set of lavender draconic wings rest, shimmering softly and clearly well cared for, unfurled her wingspan expands well past fifteen feet to allow for flight. Horns sweep back from the top of her head and grace the top joint of each wing done in a shade of dark grey.
2) What other details would someone notice on a closer look? (Distinguishing marks, birthmarks, scars, etc?)
Zebeyl rarely smiles but when she does people may well be seized by the presence of fangs, her upper and lower canine teeth come to wicked points while the others of her front teeth all come to more smoothed but still razor sharp edges. Under where her dress or armor covers her charcoal skin is covered with swirls of dark lavender scales, toughening the usual softness of flesh into almost armor over the core of her body.
3) Do you have a distinctive way of speaking or any other mannerisms or memorable behavior?
Zebeyl learned early on not to speak unless spoken to and carries that habit forward, when she does speak it is highly preferred she speak Sylvan and will only lower herself to speaking common with a slight disdain evident for the crude language.
B: Birth and Family
1) Where and when were you born? (Also good to include: Do you know your exact birthdate? Did anything unusual (storms, accidents, deaths, etc?) happen about the same time, with which some people might still associate your birthdate?)
Mid winter (masa) Not long before the winter festival (12th of the month). Her birth was not in any way appreciated or marked with anything other than dislike on the part of her mother.
2) Who are your parents? (Names, Occupations, Social class, Were they married?, Are they still alive? are all good things to include)
Her mother is Minayldra, a drow of no particular social standing or strength, resident of the underdark.
Her father is Lothirac, an amethyst dragon last known to be living in the Granite Mountains of Autumn lands.
The pair were never married and never saw each other after Zebeyl's conception, Both still live though neither has a role in Zebeyl's life.
3) Do you have any siblings? (If so, it would be good to describe them as you did your parents above.)
None. Zebeyl was a bit of an unintended accident and one not repeated.
4) Do you know any members of your extended family? (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins? Also would be good to describe them as above)
She doesn't even really know her 'real' family at all and knows nothing of her extended family.
5) How did you get along with your family?
She doesn't, her mother cares nothing for her and as far as Zebeyl is concerned Aunvyrae Baenrahel is the closest thing she has to family. Abusive condescending family but still, family.
C: Education and Work
1) Did you serve an apprenticeship in order to learn your current profession/class? For how long?
Not really, Zeberyl was taught the basics of a blade to be employed as a guard and servant in a noble house but little else.
2) If you were not an apprentice, how did you learn your trade/skills/ect? Formal schooling? Informal Teachers? Self-Taught?
The basic skills with a blade and fighting style were taught to her by a drow male named Merdiirn, one of the owner of the houses gladiatorial pets when she was purchased, she had training in serving drinks to the nobles guests.. until Aunvyrae no one bothered to teach her to read. She learned other things, not to speak unless spoken to, when to make herself conspicuously absent, and similar things useful as a servant in a drow household, by experience though from no one in particular.
3) Who was your master or teacher? (Race? Gender? Appearance? Personality?) Is he/she still alive? How were you treated? Are/Were you on good terms with your master?
Other than the gladiator that taught her for a few weeks how to swing her swords using her vast strength to decimate her foes, no one bothered to teach her anything in a formal way.
4) Did your teacher have any other apprentices or students? Who were they? Did you get along?
5) Due to the rarity of literacy in this setting, how important are books, writings, letters, ect. to your character? Regardless as to whether or not he/she can read?
Though Zebeyl can read, she's a bit exclusive in her tastes.. She understands written common as well as she does spoken any material she's forced to read she'd strongly prefer in Sylvan or Draconic. She won't go out of her way to protect books though, nor the writings or letters that don't have some sentimental value to her.
6) Do you have a job other than "adventurer"? Who do you work for? How much of your time does this require?
Zebeyl is the full time body guard of Aunvyrae, though she is technically and legally a free creature she stays with her mistress out of loyalty but not necessarily affection. This job is with her at all times.
1) Who were your friends as a child? As an adolescent? As an adult?
Friends? Her only friends, now and forever, hang off her hips. Drow don't have friends and halfblood drow even less so.
2) How many of these people are still alive? How many are you still friends with?
Swords don't live and thus don't truly die.
3) Who is/was your best friend? What is the most memorable thing that the two of you ever did together?
She's only close to one person, Aunvyrae, though the relationship isn't one of friendship.. it still ranks as the closest thing to a friendship that Zebeyl knows.
Their first meeting was fairly memorable, Zebeyl was sent to serve her drinks as the matron of the home refused to waste a 'real' servant on the half breed cleric, regardless of her linage. Aunvyrae treated her not like an oddity or a Curr but as something interesting and perhaps valuable. What transpired after the meeting Zebeyl doesn't know but not long after it she was transferred to the care of Aunvyrae's family and set to accompany the cleric as her bodyguard.
4) What do you look for in a friend?
Friends? She doesn't have the first clue what to look for in a friend, she doesn't trust strangers, or people she knows really, having been raised in the socity of backstabbing Drow. If she were going to have to pick something to list as a desirable characteristic for a 'friend' it would be weakness, an inability to harm her. And an ability to look at her and see her, not a dragon, not a drow but Zebeyl, who is some combination of both.
5) Have you ever been in love? Was it reciprocated? Do you have (or have you had) a boy-/girlfriend, a lover, or a spouse? More than one? Are you looking for one? What do you look for in a romantic partner?
She has had lovers, both chosen and not, male and female but never felt any attachment to any of them, nor is she actively seeking one. She has no aversion to sex but like friendship she doesn't have a cultural understanding of 'love'.
E: Attitudes and Beliefs
1) What are your beliefs about religion and the afterlife? Do you follow any particular god or gods? What appeals to you most about this religion? Least?
While Zebeyl understands religion from a cultural standpoint she has no personal stake in the subject. Gods and Goddesses are certainly out there, her cleric companion gives prayers to one, but as for Zebe if its not flesh and blood she's not interested. The afterlife hasn't garnered much though, she survives the now and trusts the 'later' to sort itself out.
2) Where do spirits of nature, the elements and the dead fit into these beliefs?
Elemental and the dead are things to watch for if they are threats but otherwise, like religion, Zebeyl's take is to note their existence so long as they leave her and her charge alone.
3) What gods, religions, or priesthoods will you have nothing to do with?
Those strongly anti drow, anti evil, or anti dragon would be high on the list but Zebe, to a greater extent, has her father's neutrality on most subjects, leave her be and she doesn't care enough to form an opinion.
4) What is your moral code? Under what conditions will you kill? Steal? Lie? Do you have a personal code of behavior about violence? Magic? Sex? Dealing with Evil Beings?
Morals are less useful than survival and Zebeyl is extremely interested in surviving. She doesn't often lie simply due to being bad at it, but stealing is only stealing if the former owner is still alive and she has NO more compunctions about making someone dead to ensure her comfort and survival, or at the command of her Mistress. Violence happens, Zebeyl was often used as a threat within her first home, behave or be left alone with Zebeyl.. this taught her to be vicious in such situations though she doesn't actually ENJOY such a thing she is quite good at being frightening, smiling to display all her fangs, showing contained violence. Magic she's rather apathetic too, as she is to Sex, they exist, she doesn't particularly care about them. She was raised with Drow, Dealing with evil is par for the course, she doesn't care any more than she does for dealing with anyone else who doesn't seem about to yell at her.
5) How committed are you to seeing through something (a task, quest, bargain, etc) that you have started?
She'll give it all due attempt, but she won't die for a bargain, if a task has been misrepresented in difficulty she's just as likely to leave and exact revenge on the giver of the task as she is to see it through to the end.
6) How important are the following to you?: Power, Wealth, Fame, Honor, Family, Friends, Love, Knowledge, Religion, Your job? To what lengths would you go to acquire or preserve these things?
In order of Importance:
Power: Power is survival, power is life, power means not being hurt thus power is paramount.
Job: This being the one task to guard her Cleric, which she takes very seriously indeed.
Wealth: Wealth is another form of power and being a part dragon wealth encourages the instinct to hoard. Power protects wealth making Wealth very powerful to her.
Fame: Is being big enough that others know of your wealth and power, and thus another way to encourage people to stay away to protect the first three.
The above she'd go to great lengths to procure and protect.
Honor, knowledge, Religion, Friends, Family: all these share minimal interest or importance to Zebeyl and aren't worth her time, generally.
7) How often do you remember your dreams? How much attention do you pay to them? Do they inspire you? Guide you? Inspire You? Warn you? Frighten You?
She remembers some of her dreams but is rarely bothered by them enough to remember them.
8) What is your attitude towards magic? People who use it? Fearsome monsters? The unknown in general?
Magic is a divine gift, or so she's been taught by those that can use it while she can't. People who use it should be respected though she doesn't actually care to much one way or another, She's apathetic toward magic and mages, as well as the unknown, again so long as it leaves her the hell alone.
F: Edges and Flaws
1) What are you especially good at? What sets you apart from the rest of the world? A skill? An unusual knack? A certain flair of style or wit?
Standing quietly, looking slightly intimidating despite her small size as even for a drow she's slightly small for a female. Really she has no particularly potent skills, she's a fair dancer, a decent serving girl. All around she's average other than her skills at combat.
2) What flaws do you have? Bad habits? Obsessions? Terrible (or embarrassing) secrets?
Untrusting, uncaring, paranoid, though not as manipulative and vicious as most drow she doesn't trust that others aren't the same way, she also, due to early life, lacks a bit of self confidence that adds to her unwillingness to speak and encourages her to stay with what she knows. She's also a bit isolationist, preferring the company at least of other elves to that of humans, though she won't actively attempt to exclude humans from things she just looks at them as lesser beings.
Her protection of Aunvyrae, the almost to protective nature she has might be seen as an obsession to those not raised where EVERYONE would see you dead given a chance. She takes her job, the protection of the cleric, very seriously, and tends to default to assuming even the most innocent of gestures is a threat.
To a small degree she fears going back to underdark, having come to enjoy a measure of freedom since being placed in Aunvyrae's service. She also closely guards the fact that she's nervous of heights, despite having wings she doesn't like to be to far up in the air or on ledges.
3) Do you have any enemies? How much trouble do those conflicts cause you?
As a drow she has more enemies than scales but unless they are actively attempting to cause her or her charge harm the conflicts cause her no strife. She's yet to make friends OR enemies on the surface world.
G: Likes and Dislikes
1) What do you love? (People? Places? Creatures? Kinds of Food? Activities? Subjects?)
Love? Love is a foreign concept to her, though she has things she enjoys she loves no one, no place. She's fond of cats, admiring their independence and soft fluffy fur, something as closely guarded as her fear of falling. She's come to quite enjoy fresh fruit though nothing baked from it, as its all to sweet for her tastes. Her activities are simple, though, curling up by a warm fire is just as desirable as reading, she loves training though, the freedom of it, learning to use her body and blades more effectively.
2) What do you hate? How do you typically react to these hated things?
Bright light, which she avoids. People who would threaten her or her charge, to which she may react with violence. People who try to 'liberate' her, thinking her an actual servant of Aunvyrae, held against her will, at whom she will almost certainly laugh and walk away, staying close to her more fragile Mistress.
3) What do you fear? What is your worst nightmare?
Zebeyl fears falling and being up high, This fear is alleviated a bit by her wings but she hesitates before crossing high bridges and logical or not she doesn't like being up high. She also fears being forced to return to the slavery of her old house, it is one of the only things that could drive her away from her charge, the demand she return to underdark for more than a visit.
1) Describe your first encounter with a nonhuman monster. (Not counting player races, animals, etc that you grew up with, but feel free to mention them too)
Being that Zebeyl was perchased young and kept in the house as a servant for most of her life she's had very little experience with non-humanoid monsters. She has seen some of the things that lurk in the Underdark, of course, but never really had to interact with them.
2) If you are a spellcaster, describe your first experience with using magic. What were the circumstances? Were you expecting it?
Not a magician of any sort, though she has experience with the few spells a Drow can will into existence every day. Her first use of them was the Faerie Fire spell, used to outline a male child who kept pulling on her wings when she was first 'hired on' as a servant, she has since mastered using the abilities and they don't happen accidentally anymore as they did that first time.
3) If you have an animal companion or familiar, describe how you acquired it. Describe this ally's personality, and its attitude towards you. (Loyal unto death, mischievous, lazy, etc)
4) If you have any unusual possessions, describe how you acquired them. Is their value practical, monetary, sentimental or some combination of these?
The only item she has that is unusual is a necklace, a simple cord with an amulet made from a single violet scale in silver from a dragon far larger than her. The scale has been with her for a very long time, as long as she can remember its been in her possession, upon arriving on the surface she took the carefully preserved memento of her father to a jeweler and had it made into an amulet. The scale found its way into Minayldra's bag during her time in Lothirac's den, when it was discovered months later Minayldra was already obviosuly pregnant so kept the scale to give the child some sense of the power it came from, perhaps the only kind thing she ever did for Zebeyl.
5) Please describe your characters general background, this may be any length you wish, but at least one paragraph. You may use any or all of the information above, or new information not covered. (Encouraged)
Zebeyl's story starts before her actual birth. Her mother, an archer but not a drow of any particular note, sought to prove herself, earn treasure, or steal it from others. Seeking this she wormed her way into a raiding party destined for the Autumn Lands and the elven outposts it contains. The party met stiffer than expected resistance and while the raid was sucessful, many lives ended and Minayldra got separated as dawn approached. Seeking shelter she fled the sun into a suitably dark cave and bedded down for the day, thinking she'd find her way back to the entrance of underdark or find some other way home when the darkness rose again. At mid day however her meditative rest was broken by Lothirac, curious about the small female thing that had entered his den unknowing. After some rather amusing misunderstandings in which Minayldra attempted to slay the dragon only to have the much more powerful creature shrug off the blows the pair got to actually talking. For the price of company, Lothirac agreed that he would show the drow woman the way to get back to her underground home. Who seduced who isn't clear, Minayldra attracted to power or Lothirac giving into the loneliness of being a dragon alone in the cavernous Granite Mountains.. Regardless of who initiated it after the day was done the dragon held true to his word, returning Minayldra to her home in underdark. Had the dragon even suspected the woman of being pregnant he would have kept her there, seen to them both and cared for his offspring… but he didn't and remains unaware of Zebeyl's existence to this day.
Quickly upon returning to Underdark Minayldra discovered her pregnancy, amid some things that had found their way into her bag, a few deep violet scales, and small bits from the cave den, only one of which she kept for the unplanned and unwanted creature she bore. Zebeyl was born in the middle of winter, a gift for the winter festival not wanted or wellreceived, along with a scale and a letter that only gave the girl a name, Zebeyl, the child was abandoned to be sold with other outsiders and halfbreeds as a slave. Years passed as she grew into an adult, always keeping with her that one thing that gave her any sense of her history, a purple scale often hidden in a small pouch under her shirt. Rather quickly she was purchased by a household, and trained briefly to be a guard and servant, a role she filled for several years, mocked all the time, it seemed. even the males of the house delighted, early on, in pulling on her wings, hanging things on her horns and calling her names until her magic came in. One afternoon one of the slave males was engaging in the usual activity, pulling the membranes of the draconic wings, still soft and tender with her youth when he was suddenly struck with violet Faerie Fire. The spell didn't harm him in any way, ofcourse, but it startled him enough to force him to back off and as Zebeyl's strength grew less and less people picked on her.
Even with the casual abuses of intolerant males out of the way her life was hardly a peaceful one. Called often to serve drinks to guests that the matron of the house had no respect for, offering them a half drow creature rather than the lowest of male beings Zebeyl often suffered at the slightest whim of an irritated guest, or if the matron was in a good mood, was simply used as a threat to misbehaving servants. It amused the matron to use her lowest, most 'worthless' creature as a punishment tool for others. While she has no particular interest in torture and torment she did what was expected of her, though lack of skill and restraint sometimes led to the death of her 'victim' for which she was usually severely punished.
This life continued for years, leading to Zebeyl's apathy toward most things until she was one day called to serve the daughter of a well known noble house, an uncommon thing for the dragon bred Drow, who only understood when she arrived in the room and saw Aunvyrae Baenrahel for the first time. For the first time seeing someone who was like her… Not exactly but half Drow half something more powerful, more potent.. Half fae. She nearly spilled the drink when it was delivered and expected to be chastised for it but far from that, Aunvyrae wasn't looking at her like a beast or a monster but like someone interesting and treated her no worse than any other servant for the duration of her visit. That visit spelled the end of Zebeyl's time with her former home though she didn't know it yet and what transpired between her matron and Aunvyrae, Zebeyl has no idea but within a month the half dragon had her things packed and was in no uncertain terms told her new job was that of servant and guard to Aunvyrae, the half fae that had visited her home.
The change in her treatment was nothing short of shocking for Zebeyl, who went from being a reviled beast used as a punishment to a trusted guardian, sometimes treated little better than a guard dog, talked around as if she doesn't understand, but orders had become almost requests, she had for the first time in her life the freedom to say no to a request, the responsibility to protect but the freedom to pick the best method to do so. Her early life has still marked her, showing in a lack of confidence, an unwillingness to speak, and a side of her that is quite willing to use the power her blood gives. Now on the surface she's no longer a slave, but stays with Aunvyrae out of rather undrowlike Loyalty, not force or manipulation.. she sees Aunvyrae as something like family.. not loving family, mind, but still family.